300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HK P30L vs Sig P250

Couldn't find anything in here on these. I know we all have different opinions and I'd like to hear em on these two:

#1-- http://hk-usa.com/military_products/p30l_general.asp

#2-- http://www.sigsauer.com/CatalogProdu...full-size.aspx

Go shoot both and see what you think. The P30 is like butter. SMOOOOOTH. Then shoot the P250 and realize that it is nothing close to the P30L. The P250 is by far the worst pistol I've ever shot. Huge FAIL for an otherwise reputable company, as far as I'm concerned. The trigger was long, heavy, and gritty. The reset was incredibly long. The fact that it's a DAO pistol is bad enough, but Sig claims it is a 5.5-6.5lb trigger. The one I shot felt like it was much higher, almost in the 8-10lb range. The pistol is like it's trying to be two different guns at the same time. It's like it wants to be both a Glock and a Sig P229DAK. It just did not work.
    On the other hand, the P30L is a phenomenal pistol. Even in double action, which is 11.5lbs, the trigger pull is smooth. You don't notice the higher weight as much. The SA pull is 4.5lbs, which is even smoother. The P30L has better ergos, and the grip is superb. The grip angle is identical to the 1911. The P30L has several variants, so if you need a DAO model, they have the LEM variant with a lighter DA pull.
    Last edited by Reedo; 05-09-2011, 09:36 AM.
    "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."
    -John Adams

Disclaimer: My statements are personal opinions, and in no way reflect those of my agency.

Comment

I own several H&K products and a slew of SIGs, so this isn't a dig on the P30L (which I don't happen to have). My SIG P250 is a very well made DAO pistol that has an excellent (read: smooth) trigger pull. Unlike other DAOs, the P250 does have a long reset, very similar to that found on good DA revolvers. If you take the time to learn how to shoot it (like a revolver), the trigger on the P250 works quite well.

I bought my P250 when only the 9mm version was readily available, then converted it to .40 S&W with the compact and (later) subcompact kits. The versatility (to me) is a distinct plus, that neither the H&K nor any other pistols can offer. While I don't have the need to change it's caliber or size (from full to compact or subcompact) routinely, having that option isn't a bad thing.
      "I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Comment

I'm more of a Sig man. I own an HK USP and even though it is a well built gun, I absolutely can't hit anything with it.

H&K LEM trigger is deliciously smooth (So is a Sig's DAK).

I finally got a chance to play with P250 and I will say that for a price, it is not a bad gun and even though it is a DAO with a long trigger pull, it still offers pretty smooth trigger.

Also, keep in mind that P250 is priced at around $400 VS H&K would be something double the amount of a Sig.

Comment

Originally posted by M1garand View Post
          Also, keep in mind that P250 is priced at around $400 VS H&K would be something double the amount of a Sig.
          That's what I'm contemplating. Is the price worth it for the HK vs the Sig. I've read and read but would rather hear it from people on this forum ya know.

Comment

Why would it be the P250 vs the HK45? Why not another pistol? What do you have to choose from?
            "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."
            -John Adams

Disclaimer: My statements are personal opinions, and in no way reflect those of my agency.

Comment

Originally posted by M1garand View Post

I finally got a chance to play with P250 and I will say that for a price, it is not a bad gun and even though it is a DAO with a long trigger pull, it still offers pretty smooth trigger.

I have had the P250 compact in 45ACP since January.

I did have to send it back due to the well known extractor problems (not enough rim bite) but since then it has been almost flawless except for a low incidence of double feeds with 230 hard ball (which I don't carry).

It has the BEST out of the box trigger pull I have ever seen, and having come from a DA revolver world, I find it resembles a well tuned S&W (pre-strike) pull.

Comment

Originally posted by pulicords View Post
                I own several H&K products and a slew of SIGs, so this isn't a dig on the P30L (which I don't happen to have). My SIG P250 is a very well made DAO pistol that has an excellent (read: smooth) trigger pull. Unlike other DAOs, the P250 does have a long reset, very similar to that found on good DA revolvers. If you take the time to learn how to shoot it (like a revolver), the trigger on the P250 works quite well.

I bought my P250 when only the 9mm version was readily available, then converted it to .40 S&W with the compact and (later) subcompact kits. The versatility (to me) is a distinct plus, that neither the H&K nor any other pistols can offer. While I don't have the need to change it's caliber or size (from full to compact or subcompact) routinely, having that option isn't a bad thing.
                I got one in for a guy when they were only avail in 9x19. I took the gun and drew around it with a sharpie on some cardboard, I was able to lay my 4" service xd-45 within the outline of the "compact" sig 250. The customer wanted it because of maybe being able to convert, AND the ambi mag release. The DAO did seem great to me using snap caps.

The price of spare mags was around $40 as I recall.

Bill
                Just pay your dues, and be quiet :-)

Comment

Lots of issues with the sig P250. Google it for more info. I've shot the P30 in 9mm DA/SA and was impressed but it is pricey. My service weapon is a HK P2000 with the LEM trigger and the trigger sucks. IMO it was designed by a lawyer. Have you fired any of the new 4th generation glocks? I have the new 23 and I cannot say enough good things about it and with the law enforcement price you cannot go wrong with a glock. With all the money you could save over the sig or hk, you can buy a fair ammount of ammo. I got the new 23 with meprolight sights for 520 out the door and that is with sales tax of 9.75%.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6354 users online. 366 members and 5988 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X