300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• m&p9c problems

Hey I'm new to the forum. i currently have a s&w m&p9c my magazines wont stay seated while firing. It's already been back to smith once, i just sent it back again. Did anyone else have this problem.

I carry and M&P9c as a BUG and have had zero problems. Right now its my main off duty gun too. How often is it dropping out? Does it drop when shooting with both hands? Does fall out while shooting just strong hand or weak hand? Try different mags?

Comment

Some basic questions.

How much training do you have with handguns in general?

Are you left handed and the mag release still on the left hand side of the weapon?

Being left handed when I first started using firearms in "use on use" situations I hit the mag release several times with my trigger finger until I moved the release to the other side.

Comment

Originally posted by Name Taken View Post
        Some basic questions.

How much training do you have with handguns in general?

Are you left handed and the mag release still on the left hand side of the weapon?

Being left handed when I first started using firearms in "use on use" situations I hit the mag release several times with my trigger finger until I moved the release to the other side.
        +1 We had a guy that gripped the weapon in a way that he would hit the mag release on it on occassions without realizing it. I have the M&P40 and 9c and have never had an issue that I didn't cause.

Comment

No issues with mine...
          yeah!

Comment

I only have 3 years experience with handguns. I thought maybe my thumb was hitting the mag release since it is on the right side of the weapon and i am right handed. so i shot it with one hand and it would still fall out about half of a inch. I had three other people at the range all left handed shooters fire the m&p and the mags fell out on the as well. It is happening to all three mags i have and about 3 or 4 times per 10 rounds fired. Smith had it for over 2 weeks and i received it on monday and it was back in the mail to them by thursday morning.They alreasdy replaced the mag catch.

Comment

If smith can't resolve it I am going to switch the release to the other side. Otherthen that i have had no problems with it. I carry it over my glock everytime.

Comment

I just went to a S&W armorer class for the M&P line. Most of the things I would look at have already been mentioned. The only other thing I would look at would be frame warpage. I would have thought that the boys at S&W would have caught that. Only other thing I would suggest would be to check that the mag is fully seated or if you are having a mag spring problem. Remove the slide and put the mag in.
                Stupid has no color or race, everyone can participate.

Comment

Originally posted by iabonir View Post
                  Hey I'm new to the forum. i currently have a s&w m&p9c my magazines wont stay seated while firing. It's already been back to smith once, i just sent it back again. Did anyone else have this problem.
                  Are you sure you are not riding either the slide release lever or mag disconnect button? I have seen that many times. My friends mag would literally drop out of the gun while he was shooting, and on watching him, that's what he was doing. Problem solved.
                  - Will

Performance/Fitness Advice For the Tactical Community

www.OptimalSWAT.com

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

Comment

just got it back from smith and wesson. They replaced the mag catch again aswell as the magazines. hopefully this works. If not they said they'd replace the firearm for me.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4243 users online. 234 members and 4009 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X