300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• .22 plinker question

I saw some .22 plinkers at Walmart and Dicks the other day, no more then 200$. Anyone have the savage arms models with bolt action? I'm thinking about getting one.

Probably best and easiest to stick with a 10-22 or a Marlin 60.

The Marlin 795 is really cheap and of decent quality for what it is.

I personally bought the Ruger 10-22 because it has a huge aftermarket and you can basically mod it till no end.

Comment

My friend has a Savage and loves it, he says they are way under priced for the value.

Comment

Believe it or not the Marlin 60 is illegal in NJ for High Capacity.

I hate it here...

M-11
        “All men dream...... But not equally..
        Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it is vanity;
        but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men,
        for they act their dreams with open eyes to make it possible.....”

TE Lawrence

Comment

I have two Savage .22LR rifles. One is a MkII BTVS (stainless thubhole laminate stock) the other is a Cub.

Both are great rifles.
          "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell
          8541tactical.com - Ammo Wallets

Comment

I owned a Savage chambered in .17 HMR. Probably one of the most accurate rimfires I've ever shot.
            I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

you got the bug now, dont cha???
              "I don't go on "I'maworthlesscumdumpster.com" and post negative **** about cum dumpsters."
              The Tick

"Are you referring to the secret headquarters of a fictional crime fighter or penal complex slang for a-$$hole, anus or rectum?"
              sanitizer

"and we all know you are a poser and a p*ssy.... "
              Bearcat357 to Dinner Portion/buck8/long relief

Comment

All the Savage .22's are great shooting guns that are real bargains for what you're getting, you wouldn't be disappointed with one and you'll never grow out of it.

I've got a Savage MKII BV that I've upgraded a bit, crummy pic but you get the idea -

Comment

I've owned a few Savage rifles over the years and I agree with WC145! They're very good shooters and well priced. I've owned one of their .22s (unfortunately I sold it) and have a .308 now, while it's not as "tactical" as the MKII above, for hunting it's accurate enough.

Last edited by pulicords; 05-09-2011, 10:57 AM.
                  "I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Comment

I've got a M&P15-22. It's a bit pricey but it's awesome. It's not Savage Arms, or bolt action, but it's worth mentioning.

Comment

I have a Savage MK II with a laminate stock and accutrigger. It's a great rifle and extremely accurate. The $200 model at Walmart will not have the accutrigger, but it will still be more accurate than a stock 10/22. The 10/22 is a great rifle if you know what you want out of it and do a little fiddling. If you don't know what you want, you will spend $1000 on it. I did. I love my rifle now, but I wish I hadn't bought a bag full of rails and folding stocks and the like.

My first rifle was a savage 62, which is a semi-auto model. Worked great, and was accurate enough.
                      **Not a LEO**

Comment

If it doesn't have to be a rifle try the S&W 22A. It is a nail driver. Very fun to shoot. Get the 5" Bull barrel.
                        Stupid has no color or race, everyone can participate.

Comment

I just went looking through the Savage catalog, and happened to find that they make a LEFT HANDED version of the BTVS in 17 HMR.

Guess what I bought myself for my birthday?
                          The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

Originally posted by LA DEP View Post
                            I just went looking through the Savage catalog, and happened to find that they make a LEFT HANDED version of the BTVS in 17 HMR.

Guess what I bought myself for my birthday?
                            This has just made it to the top of my list... okay behind the AR15 & 1911...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3619 users online. 208 members and 3411 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X