300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sig P226 into a Sig P226R

Ladies and gentleman, I need to borrow some of your experiences. The majority of my agencies primary issue guns are Sig P226's. Surefire makes a rail that attaches to the front of the trigger guard. That rail turns your P226 into a P226R, allowing you to place a light on it. However, this is the issue. Considering Safariland's HORRIBLE customer service, I have to ask if any of you have/do used/use this rail. If so, does it fit into a normal light bearing Safariland duty holster? Or, does Safariland make a particular holster for this attachment that I don't know about? Thanks for your time ladies and gentleman. Stay safe.

I have no idea about the Safariland rail. Have you checked to see if Sure Fire makes an add-on rail? I know they make a rail for the Beretta 92FS, although it is a bit expensive.
    sigpic
    Originally posted by Smurfette
    Lord have mercy. You're about as slick as the business side of duct tape.
    Originally posted by DAL
    You are without doubt a void surrounded by a sphincter muscle.

Comment

I apologize if I was confusing. The rail is made by Surefire. I need it to fit in a Safariland holster with a light attached to the Surefire rail. I didn't ask Safariland because their customer service is brutal.

Comment

Originally posted by Usmcskinny View Post
        I apologize if I was confusing. The rail is made by Surefire. I need it to fit in a Safariland holster with a light attached to the Surefire rail. I didn't ask Safariland because their customer service is brutal.

How does it attach?

The SW's used to attach them with screws and that didn't work out well, they would come loose. I guess if you used loctite you might be ok, but I just don't trust rails that are aftermarket.

Comment

Originally posted by Usmcskinny View Post
          Oops...I didn't read your post well enough. My bad. Sorry, you were clear...what I would do is go to www.swatgear.com (Aardvark Tactical in So Cal). They have very knowledgeable staff that WILL be able to answer your question quickly and accurately. Good luck!
          sigpic
          Originally posted by DAL

Comment

Surfire is stating that it will fit into approprate holsters. Due to way it is designed in front of the trigger guard, I am not sure whether it will fit into P226R holster or not.

Comment

maybe go to a store that sells holsters and try it out?
              In Valor there is hope

Comment

Looking at that rail, I would say it will not fit a majority of the Safariland duty holsters, as most of them have some form of retention dependant on the front of the trigger guard.
                Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.
                --Winston Churchill--

"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

Comment

Safariland DOES make a holster for many of the major weapons we use for duty with a light attached. I have a Safariland holster for my 92F with light and Surefire rail attached, and one for my H&K USP45 with rail adapter and light attached.

PDF for Safariland holsters they currently make, taken from the Safariland site:

http://www.safariland.com/DutyGear/i...LS-10-8-10.pdf

I've heard they are VERY friendly with making a holster for your particular setup....maybe you can contact them and they can make one for you if they don't make one already.
                  sigpic
                  Originally posted by DAL

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalSheriff View Post
                    Looking at that rail, I would say it will not fit a majority of the Safariland duty holsters, as most of them have some form of retention dependant on the front of the trigger guard.
                    not the amazing 6360
                    In Valor there is hope

Comment

Thanks for the help fellas. I have done a lot of shopping around. Most of the shops/tactical technicians in my area have no clue and have never heard of the aftermarket rail. I also do not trust these rails. However, since switching to a Sig for a duty gun, I have no choice. I purchased one for $108.00. I'll let you guys know what the outcome is. As far as Safariland goes, they make a great product. There is no doubt about that. However, in my numerous attempts to contact them over the years, I have yet to recieve an email or phone call in return. That being said, I may have to attempt to contact them again to make a custom holster LOL. Be safe.

Comment

I can vouch for the Surefire rail....a LOT of Deputies on my department, me included, have one. They are durable and solid. You will have no problems with yours. Stay safe!
                        sigpic
                        Originally posted by DAL

Comment

Any update on if the aftermarket rail will fit in a safariland holster? I've recently changed agencies and the new agency issues the Sig P226/R. I was given a P226 without a light rail and would like to get a light on it if possible. I had a hk P2000 with a streamlight TLR-2 in a safariland 6320 and plan on using the same set-up if the aftermarket rail will fit in the Sig equivalent holster.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3294 users online. 218 members and 3076 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X