X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Till
    replied
    Originally posted by WillBrink View Post
    Can't imagine you can't do better on price there. My two Karhs ran/run perfectly. Others I know, the same. I look more to the CS of a company vs the warranty per se. A life time warranty with a company that has crap CS is worthless.

Kahr has great CS, and will make it right if problems arise in my experience. I can also see someone simply purchasing something else that's from a company that makes a good gun, has a life time warranty, and good CS, but I don't regret the Kahr purchase at all. Doubt you would either, but plenty of choices exist.
    I've seen it from $820-870

Leave a comment:

• WillBrink
    replied
    Originally posted by Till View Post
    Until I saw they only have a 5 year warranty on their pistols.

If I'm going to drop near $900 on a K40 Elite, one of the many things it SHOULD have is a lifetime-warranty.

A fail on their part.
    Can't imagine you can't do better on price there. My two Karhs ran/run perfectly. Others I know, the same. I look more to the CS of a company vs the warranty per se. A life time warranty with a company that has crap CS is worthless.

Kahr has great CS, and will make it right if problems arise in my experience. I can also see someone simply purchasing something else that's from a company that makes a good gun, has a life time warranty, and good CS, but I don't regret the Kahr purchase at all. Doubt you would either, but plenty of choices exist.

Leave a comment:

• M1garand
    replied
    Originally posted by Till View Post
    Yes, but if the same issues arise >5 years after the purchase, I suspect you'll be paying out the *** for repairs (from Kahr anyway).
    Once repair is done properly and don't encounter same issue within reasonable time frame, it is unlikely to happen 5 years later (well, at least being an armorer, I haven't yet to have that issue).

Either way, I have friends who loves Kahr products and some really hates it. Definitely not a range toy and not a target gun, but a decent ccw gun.

Leave a comment:

• ABC144
    replied
    Originally posted by dogcop View Post
    But you'll buy a $40,000 car that has a 5 year warranty then? Basically minus springs and extractors, if a problem hasn't surfaced in 5 years the chances it will is unlikely. I've had a PM9 for 9 years with zero problems and am glad I own it.
    The car analogy isn't very good. How often do you really depend on your car to save your life? A firearm, other than practice, will be used to save a life everytime it is used (if used properly).
    I'm not pro or con Kahr. I have enough plastic guns as it is.

Leave a comment:

• midwestcopjobs
    replied
    I bought a Kahr PM40 about 1 1/2 years ago and I had all sorts of problems with it. I sent it back once to get fixed and it still didn't run right. Then they sent me a new slide stop spring because it would still have fail to feed about every 2 or 3 rounds, and it still had the same problems after I installed it. I wouldn't buy another Kahr!! My brother wanted a K9 but I got him talked out of it. Also the trigger's bottom front edge would chew my trigger finger up after about 100 rounds.

Leave a comment:

• Till
    replied
    Originally posted by dogcop View Post
    But you'll buy a $40,000 car that has a 5 year warranty then?
    Only because I don't know of a car that has a lifetime one.

Leave a comment:

• Till
    replied
    Originally posted by jwise View Post
    To each his own. I love my Kahr. I had issues with it immediately, and their customer service fixed her right up and she hasn't failed since.
    Yes, but if the same issues arise >5 years after the purchase, I suspect you'll be paying out the *** for repairs (from Kahr anyway).

Leave a comment:

• jwise
    replied
    To each his own. I love my Kahr. I had issues with it immediately, and their customer service fixed her right up and she hasn't failed since.

Leave a comment:

• dogcop
    replied
    But you'll buy a $40,000 car that has a 5 year warranty then? Basically minus springs and extractors, if a problem hasn't surfaced in 5 years the chances it will is unlikely. I've had a PM9 for 9 years with zero problems and am glad I own it.

Leave a comment:

• Reedo
    replied
    That's one of the reasons I stopped being interested in them. They're good guns and most people likely wouldn't need them, but it baffles me how so many companies can offer such lackluster warranties.

Leave a comment:

• M1garand
    replied
    $900 for Kahr? No thanks, there are many other alternatives at that price and few hundred more, you have even wider selection of better firearms IMO.

Leave a comment:

• Till
    started a topic Well, I WAS going to buy a Kahr

Well, I WAS going to buy a Kahr

Until I saw they only have a 5 year warranty on their pistols.

If I'm going to drop near $900 on a K40 Elite, one of the many things it SHOULD have is a lifetime-warranty.

A fail on their part.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4718 users online. 306 members and 4412 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X