Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Well, I WAS going to buy a Kahr

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Well, I WAS going to buy a Kahr

    Until I saw they only have a 5 year warranty on their pistols.

    If I'm going to drop near $900 on a K40 Elite, one of the many things it SHOULD have is a lifetime-warranty.

    A fail on their part.

  • #2
    $900 for Kahr? No thanks, there are many other alternatives at that price and few hundred more, you have even wider selection of better firearms IMO.

    Comment


    • #3
      That's one of the reasons I stopped being interested in them. They're good guns and most people likely wouldn't need them, but it baffles me how so many companies can offer such lackluster warranties.
      "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."
      -John Adams


      Disclaimer: My statements are personal opinions, and in no way reflect those of my agency.

      Comment


      • #4
        But you'll buy a $40,000 car that has a 5 year warranty then? Basically minus springs and extractors, if a problem hasn't surfaced in 5 years the chances it will is unlikely. I've had a PM9 for 9 years with zero problems and am glad I own it.
        www.saveavet.org

        Comment


        • #5
          To each his own. I love my Kahr. I had issues with it immediately, and their customer service fixed her right up and she hasn't failed since.
          J. Wise

          AR-15 - AK-47 - NFA Trusts - My Pick - Carry Guns - 1911s

          "Some say you can tell how the world stands by the prices of AK-47s...." Chit2001

          Any comments contained herein regarding the legality of firearms, or the application of law, are strictly applicable to Texas. If you live in CA, NY, IL, MA, D.C., etc., the above comments will probably shock you, and should be read for educational purposes only. Most likely nothing I write will apply to you.

          sigpic

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by jwise View Post
            To each his own. I love my Kahr. I had issues with it immediately, and their customer service fixed her right up and she hasn't failed since.
            Yes, but if the same issues arise >5 years after the purchase, I suspect you'll be paying out the *** for repairs (from Kahr anyway).

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by dogcop View Post
              But you'll buy a $40,000 car that has a 5 year warranty then?
              Only because I don't know of a car that has a lifetime one.

              Comment


              • #8
                I bought a Kahr PM40 about 1 1/2 years ago and I had all sorts of problems with it. I sent it back once to get fixed and it still didn't run right. Then they sent me a new slide stop spring because it would still have fail to feed about every 2 or 3 rounds, and it still had the same problems after I installed it. I wouldn't buy another Kahr!! My brother wanted a K9 but I got him talked out of it. Also the trigger's bottom front edge would chew my trigger finger up after about 100 rounds.
                Police and Law Enforcement Jobs

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by dogcop View Post
                  But you'll buy a $40,000 car that has a 5 year warranty then? Basically minus springs and extractors, if a problem hasn't surfaced in 5 years the chances it will is unlikely. I've had a PM9 for 9 years with zero problems and am glad I own it.
                  The car analogy isn't very good. How often do you really depend on your car to save your life? A firearm, other than practice, will be used to save a life everytime it is used (if used properly).
                  I'm not pro or con Kahr. I have enough plastic guns as it is.
                  ROLL TIDE!!!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Till View Post
                    Yes, but if the same issues arise >5 years after the purchase, I suspect you'll be paying out the *** for repairs (from Kahr anyway).
                    Once repair is done properly and don't encounter same issue within reasonable time frame, it is unlikely to happen 5 years later (well, at least being an armorer, I haven't yet to have that issue).

                    Either way, I have friends who loves Kahr products and some really hates it. Definitely not a range toy and not a target gun, but a decent ccw gun.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Till View Post
                      Until I saw they only have a 5 year warranty on their pistols.

                      If I'm going to drop near $900 on a K40 Elite, one of the many things it SHOULD have is a lifetime-warranty.

                      A fail on their part.
                      Can't imagine you can't do better on price there. My two Karhs ran/run perfectly. Others I know, the same. I look more to the CS of a company vs the warranty per se. A life time warranty with a company that has crap CS is worthless.

                      Kahr has great CS, and will make it right if problems arise in my experience. I can also see someone simply purchasing something else that's from a company that makes a good gun, has a life time warranty, and good CS, but I don't regret the Kahr purchase at all. Doubt you would either, but plenty of choices exist.
                      - Will

                      Performance/Fitness Advice For the Tactical Community

                      www.OptimalSWAT.com

                      General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

                      www.BrinkZone.com

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by WillBrink View Post
                        Can't imagine you can't do better on price there. My two Karhs ran/run perfectly. Others I know, the same. I look more to the CS of a company vs the warranty per se. A life time warranty with a company that has crap CS is worthless.

                        Kahr has great CS, and will make it right if problems arise in my experience. I can also see someone simply purchasing something else that's from a company that makes a good gun, has a life time warranty, and good CS, but I don't regret the Kahr purchase at all. Doubt you would either, but plenty of choices exist.
                        I've seen it from $820-870

                        Comment

                        MR300x250 Tablet

                        Collapse

                        What's Going On

                        Collapse

                        There are currently 4228 users online. 225 members and 4003 guests.

                        Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                        Welcome Ad

                        Collapse
                        Working...
                        X