Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DAL
    replied
    The group I find most perplexing is Women Against Gun Violence. The name of the group seems to suggest that they consider other forms of violence, such as bombing or stabbing, acceptable.

Leave a comment:

• KenW.
    replied
    Sarah Brady needs to learn that the people to be concerned about are not the ones who go through the process and get concealed permits. Gun control isn't about guns; it is about control.
    Criminals by definition will not abide by laws for crying out loud. I'm fairly certain the guy who shot her husband violated several laws prior to pulling the trigger. Punishing (restricting) honest, law abiding Americans because of what the criminal element might do doesn't solve the problem; it creates a new one.

Then there's the Mayors against illegal guns. A gun isn't illegal. It takes a person to engage in an illegal act. A gun can't do it themselves.

Leave a comment:

• Rifleguy
    replied
    Well Louisiana got a 2. They couldn't subtract those 2 points since we got a reality show about gun on tv? Doesn't that count for something int he negative department? Should at least get an honorary zero for that.

Leave a comment:

• -Erik-
    replied
    California is a model of sensible gun laws.

That was the first thing I saw when I went to the website.

My home state scored a gentlemens 25, good for 11th.

Leave a comment:

• M1garand
    replied
    SCV-SOP,

Thanks for the info on NJ. Just spoke to a friend in NJ and he is telling me that their permit system is more of a nuisance/inconvenience more than anything else. But then again, coming from NJ, I'm not really surprised. According to NJ State Police, that permit is $2.00 per pistol. NYS registration fee for each handgun can be as little as $5.00 (and must pay this fee again if you are taking a pistol off of your license) and my neighboring county is $10.00.

I want to move to the FREE state sooner than later!

Leave a comment:

• DAL
    replied
    Originally posted by phillydog07 View Post
    While I am a supporter of gun rights, and a member of the NRA, I don't think that "0" is a perfect score. For example, their report card gives 2 points for requiring at least 1 security measure in gun stores. I think this is a good thing.....how often do criminal gangs get guns by robbing gun stores?
    Stealing guns is good! That way people who can't afford guns can have them, too.

Leave a comment:

• HeadDoc
    replied
    Originally posted by Sgt. Slaughter View Post
    Utah, Alaska & Arizona are all tied at 0 for "worst gun-safety laws" while California has the highest score of 80 according to the Brady Campaign (be still my heart...)

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articl...ing-worst.html
    YES! [Doing the happy dance.]

Gotta wonder whether Sarah Brady would rather walk the street after dark in Anchorage or in San Diego...

Leave a comment:

• Dingo990
    replied
    I noticed two states with the highest stats are California and NJ... two states I think of as typically having high crime in many areas.

Leave a comment:

• Reedo
    replied
    14 for Minnesota, and soon to be dropping even more. SWEET! Suck it Sarah Brady you fat ugly biotch.

Leave a comment:

• SCV-Sop
    replied
    Originally posted by M1garand View Post
    but we just have to make sure that these handguns get registered to your pistol license/permit.
    Wikipedia..........

…….In New Jersey, firearm owners are required to get a lifetime Firearm Purchaser card for the purchase of rifles, shotguns or handguns. To purchase a handgun, a separate permit is needed from the local police department for each handgun to be purchased and expires after 90 days………….

Leave a comment:

• M1garand
    replied
    Originally posted by KenW. View Post
    The Brady campaign scored my state with a "0" for the 2010 report card! I love Utah!
    Being Utah State certified firearms instructor and living in NY, whenever I teach Utah Non-res firearms license course, students drool and envy people living in free state of Utah. Utah BCI folks are great and they have created such inviting/pro2nd amend. environment to all law abiding citizens with guns.

Leave a comment:

• M1garand
    replied
    That scoring system is really for criminals. States with 0 or lower scores are not criminal friendly states. States with higher scores are friendly to criminals as the government already have restricted their citizens from being able to protect themselves.

Leave a comment:

• M1garand
    replied
    Originally posted by SCV-Sop View Post
    How can CA have the highest when other states require a permit for EACH gun.
    Can you please educate me on which state requires a person to have a permit for EACH gun?

Even in NY, (outside of the NYC area), long guns do not require permit/license. Once you have a pistol license/permit in NY State, you can own as many as you want, but we just have to make sure that these handguns get registered to your pistol license/permit.

Leave a comment:

• SCV-Sop
    replied
    Originally posted by Sgt. Slaughter View Post
    Utah, Alaska & Arizona are all tied at 0 for "worst gun-safety laws" while California has the highest score of 80 according to the Brady Campaign (be still my heart...)
    How can CA have the highest when other states require a permit for EACH gun. The only limitations I'm bent out of shape about in CA are the product restrictions, but ownership of approved guns is relatively easy. Also, if you know your way around the laws and how to work the system circumventing those product limitation lists can legally be bypassed.

So I can buy only 1 new gun every 30 days.
    I can however buy as many used private party guns I want with no limitations.

So I can get that cool gun I wanted that’s not on the approved list.
    I do however know where there are a few FFL manufactures in CA that will do a single shot conversion and sell me the gun as modified by law, and a bag of parts that it originally came with.

So there’s a handgun safety test requirement.
    It’s an idiot test, lasts for 5 years, and isn’t a permit with limitations. It’s merely presented when I purchase any legal handgun I want and in any quantity I want.

So I can’t get that “black rifle” I want.
    I can however essentially build one from the ground up.

There are very few CA gun laws that don’t have workarounds designed into them.

Leave a comment:

• mookster
    replied
    The way I'm reading the chart, AZ actually has the worst rating of them all. We got zeros across the board and then got penalized -2 points for not requiring a permit to carry concealed. So technically, we wound up -2.

Alaska comes in at zero because they got 2 points for the college campus carry issue then got penalized the -2 for no CCW, bringing them in at zero. Utah got zero across the board but didn't get penalized for the CCW issue.

Booyah AZ, I love this state.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6376 users online. 392 members and 5984 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X