300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WAHOO! A score of ZERO

The Brady campaign scored my state with a "0" for the 2010 report card! I love Utah!
    I am concerned for the security of our great Nation; not so much because of any threat from without, but because of the insidious forces working from within.

Douglas MacArthur

I can't go to their site without getting ****ed off.

Comment

While I am a supporter of gun rights, and a member of the NRA, I don't think that "0" is a perfect score. For example, their report card gives 2 points for requiring at least 1 security measure in gun stores. I think this is a good thing.....how often do criminal gangs get guns by robbing gun stores?

Comment

Utah, Alaska & Arizona are all tied at 0 for "worst gun-safety laws" while California has the highest score of 80 according to the Brady Campaign (be still my heart...)

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articl...ing-worst.html
        NRA Life Member

The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence. - Sir Robert Peel

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. - H. L. Mencken

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt. Slaughter View Post
          Utah, Alaska & Arizona are all tied at 0 for "worst gun-safety laws" while California has the highest score of 80 according to the Brady Campaign (be still my heart...)

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articl...ing-worst.html
          The article should really be titled "Arizona tied for best gun safety laws in US".
          Originally posted by kontemplerande
          Without Germany, you would not have won World War 2.

Comment

Agreed, but the newspaper isn't a conservative one - more liberal-moderate.
            NRA Life Member

The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence. - Sir Robert Peel

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. - H. L. Mencken

Comment

YAY! I'm a zero, too!

I knew I lived here for a reason....

I like how they take a constitutional right and make it sound like a bad thing when people get to keep them, though....this country's media is not biased at all....
              "All that is, ever
              Ever was, will be, ever
              Twisting, turning, through the never."--Metallica

Comment

Ugh...CA sucks.
                sigpic
                Originally posted by Smurfette
                Lord have mercy. You're about as slick as the business side of duct tape.
                Originally posted by DAL
                You are without doubt a void surrounded by a sphincter muscle.

Comment

VA was a 6 or 7.

I was hoping for a 0.

Comment

The way I'm reading the chart, AZ actually has the worst rating of them all. We got zeros across the board and then got penalized -2 points for not requiring a permit to carry concealed. So technically, we wound up -2.

Alaska comes in at zero because they got 2 points for the college campus carry issue then got penalized the -2 for no CCW, bringing them in at zero. Utah got zero across the board but didn't get penalized for the CCW issue.

Booyah AZ, I love this state.

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt. Slaughter View Post
                      How can CA have the highest when other states require a permit for EACH gun. The only limitations I'm bent out of shape about in CA are the product restrictions, but ownership of approved guns is relatively easy. Also, if you know your way around the laws and how to work the system circumventing those product limitation lists can legally be bypassed.

So I can buy only 1 new gun every 30 days.
                      I can however buy as many used private party guns I want with no limitations.

So I can get that cool gun I wanted that’s not on the approved list.
                      I do however know where there are a few FFL manufactures in CA that will do a single shot conversion and sell me the gun as modified by law, and a bag of parts that it originally came with.

So there’s a handgun safety test requirement.
                      It’s an idiot test, lasts for 5 years, and isn’t a permit with limitations. It’s merely presented when I purchase any legal handgun I want and in any quantity I want.

So I can’t get that “black rifle” I want.
                      I can however essentially build one from the ground up.

There are very few CA gun laws that don’t have workarounds designed into them.

"The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws."
                      - Cornelius Tacitus

Comment

Originally posted by SCV-Sop View Post
                        How can CA have the highest when other states require a permit for EACH gun.
                        Can you please educate me on which state requires a person to have a permit for EACH gun?

Even in NY, (outside of the NYC area), long guns do not require permit/license. Once you have a pistol license/permit in NY State, you can own as many as you want, but we just have to make sure that these handguns get registered to your pistol license/permit.

Comment

That scoring system is really for criminals. States with 0 or lower scores are not criminal friendly states. States with higher scores are friendly to criminals as the government already have restricted their citizens from being able to protect themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by KenW. View Post
                            The Brady campaign scored my state with a "0" for the 2010 report card! I love Utah!
                            Being Utah State certified firearms instructor and living in NY, whenever I teach Utah Non-res firearms license course, students drool and envy people living in free state of Utah. Utah BCI folks are great and they have created such inviting/pro2nd amend. environment to all law abiding citizens with guns.

Comment

Originally posted by M1garand View Post
                              but we just have to make sure that these handguns get registered to your pistol license/permit.
                              Wikipedia..........

…….In New Jersey, firearm owners are required to get a lifetime Firearm Purchaser card for the purchase of rifles, shotguns or handguns. To purchase a handgun, a separate permit is needed from the local police department for each handgun to be purchased and expires after 90 days………….

"The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws."
                              - Cornelius Tacitus

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5272 users online. 317 members and 4955 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X