Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bearcat357
    replied
    When new Sheriff took over, we went to Alamar and never looked back. They hooked us up pretty good....with new uniforms (Dark Blue tops and pink tan bottoms with a stripe), patches, etc...... Good folks to work with......

I think since I've left, they've done some stuff with the OMB's......but not sure what.....

Too bad they lost the Glock stuff. Now you have to order through GT if you want a decent price.......

Leave a comment:

• BPD_126
    replied
    That's where we do our business too. I don't get my stuff there though, too expensive. As long as the dept. is paying....

Leave a comment:

• Bearcat357
    replied
    Originally posted by BPD_126 View Post
    Actually, I believe the two owners had a falling out and that's why it separated. When I called OMB Express one day a few months back, they didn't even have (or claim they had) the number to OMB Guns. I said, "Whoa! What's the deal with that? A little bad blood?" The response I got was, "Yeah, somethin like that, sorry."
    Actually, if I remember right, OMB was owned by a family and the family had a huge falling out......and thats why they separated.

I haven't been there in years. We got all our uniforms from Alamar....and I already had my own weapons.....

Leave a comment:

• BPD_126
    replied
    Originally posted by Bearcat357 View Post
    Correct and OMB Guns got the Glock Contract....and have now lost it. GT Distro out of TX has MO/KS as the Official Glock Dealer.

If you go to OMB Express and OMB Guns.....you can see the both offer weapons.... just no Glocks now....
    Actually, I believe the two owners had a falling out and that's why it separated. When I called OMB Express one day a few months back, they didn't even have (or claim they had) the number to OMB Guns. I said, "Whoa! What's the deal with that? A little bad blood?" The response I got was, "Yeah, somethin like that, sorry."

Leave a comment:

• runhotshot
    replied
    Allegedly.

Leave a comment:

• runhotshot
    replied
    No joke the sale will be announced soon

Leave a comment:

• crass cop
    replied
    you might be right..I just googled and saw it on another forum that someone posted it as a joke.....
    Last edited by crass cop; 05-08-2011, 05:41 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Drum Roast
    replied
    I think the Glock being sold thing was an April fools joke.

Leave a comment:

• crass cop
    replied
    Originally posted by crass cop View Post
    Good! shouldnt be any problems then...I will admit that my buddy is an effing tard...I will try to find out tomorrow AM what his problems were with the 4th Gen
    ok, turns out hes on his 3rd one...recoil spring problems and firing pin failure to "fire" problems.
    also discovered that Glock was sold a couple years back and cost cutting has cheapened the product

Leave a comment:

• tc215
    replied
    The problems are/were with the 9mm.

Leave a comment:

• crass cop
    replied
    Originally posted by hobbsie711 View Post
    I was talking with our dept gunsmith about this a while back he said that the issues have been resolved. That said both my Glocks are gen 3's.
    Good! shouldnt be any problems then...I will admit that my buddy is an effing tard...I will try to find out tomorrow AM what his problems were with the 4th Gen
    Last edited by crass cop; 05-07-2011, 07:34 AM.

Leave a comment:

• crass cop
    replied
    Originally posted by SHU View Post
    I have a 4th gen 23 and I've put 1500 rds through it in the past month with all types of ammo w/o any issue. It is a thing of beauty.
    yeah, hopefully its a fluke as Ive never hand any issues, but I havent had a 4th Gen

Leave a comment:

• hobbsie711
    replied
    that would be sweet. Ive heard some neg things about the Gen 4's....but dont have any 1sthand knowledge....a buddy has had to send his back either 2 or 3 times due to issues
    I was talking with our dept gunsmith about this a while back he said that the issues have been resolved. That said both my Glocks are gen 3's.
    Last edited by hobbsie711; 05-06-2011, 02:16 AM.

Leave a comment:

• SHU
    replied
    that would be sweet. Ive heard some neg things about the Gen 4's....but dont have any 1sthand knowledge....a buddy has had to send his back either 2 or 3 times due to issues
    I have a 4th gen 23 and I've put 1500 rds through it in the past month with all types of ammo w/o any issue. It is a thing of beauty.

Leave a comment:

• Bearcat357
    replied
    agreed....if theyre G19, G19C or G26 and the price is good enough, PM me and "sell me" one...I'll bring cigars....
    Will let you know.....I've made contact with GT's Sales Rep doing the trade.....

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6436 users online. 392 members and 6044 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X