300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haha I picked up over 100 rounds of 10mm cases

The guy next to me last night was shooting a 10mm chambered 1911. He didn't reload and didn't want them.

I may never see that again in my lifetime. Someone shooting A LOT of 10mm and leaving the cases.

Heck, I don't even own a 10mm and know enough to snag every case I find in the event I ever do.

"The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws."
    - Cornelius Tacitus

That's impressive. I've picked up maybe 20 10mm over the past three years. I find it bewildering when I find a small pile of .44 mag or 45LC in a stall. Given the 2009 shortage I still scrounge .45acp wherever I find it. For a good year the only thing I could find was .40 and 9mm.

I know of no other hobby where people leave money on the ground!

Comment

Ok, probably a stupid question, but if you don't reload what do you do with the cases? Can you sell them somewhere? I've got several hundred .45 cases of my own that I've policed from target practice, but they're just sitting gathering dust.
      "All that is, ever
      Ever was, will be, ever
      Twisting, turning, through the never."--Metallica

Comment

Originally posted by fishAK View Post
        Ok, probably a stupid question, but if you don't reload what do you do with the cases? Can you sell them somewhere? I've got several hundred .45 cases of my own that I've policed from target practice, but they're just sitting gathering dust.
        You can sell cases at a gun show, or you can just save them and start loading. There is really no good reason to not reload ammo.
        Eat Meat, Build Mass!

www.centralfloridaammo.com

Comment

Originally posted by Hitthegym View Post
          You can sell cases at a gun show, or you can just save them and start loading. There is really no good reason to not reload ammo.
          Yeah, I was just curious what people did. I figured I'd save my brass until I get into reloading. I have to learn what I'm doing and buy the equipment and whatnot, first. Not to mention have a place to do it. Live in a small apartment with kids right now, so I don't really want gunpowder laying around.....
          "All that is, ever
          Ever was, will be, ever
          Twisting, turning, through the never."--Metallica

Comment

Originally posted by Drum Roast View Post
            I know of no other hobby where people leave money on the ground!
            You've never been to my house after a weekend of beer drinking.
            I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

Yeah, I was just curious what people did. I figured I'd save my brass until I get into reloading. I have to learn what I'm doing and buy the equipment and whatnot, first. Not to mention have a place to do it. Live in a small apartment with kids right now, so I don't really want gunpowder laying around.....
              Living in an apartment can definitely make it difficult. Some apartment leases may also not allow the storing of gunpowder or other flammable items. I would definitely keep powder and primers under lock and key if kids were around and you can get a pretty compact reloading setup if you get a small progressive like a Dillion Square Deal or a single stage like an RCBS rockchucker.
              Eat Meat, Build Mass!

Comment

10mm is not a common round for folks who shoot and DON’T reload.

9, 40 and 45 are all common enough I can pick up extra cases any time I go to the range.
                10mm not so much. Worst case I can give them to someone if I decide I simply won’t use them.

If I ever reload 10mm they wont be easy to come by so I pick up what I can find. That and 38 super.

- Cornelius Tacitus

Comment

I found 17 .25acp cases earlier in the year. I reload .32acp, but I've only managed to find 4 cases. The .25acp is the most rarest case I've found yet.

Comment

Originally posted by reils49 View Post
                    You've never been to my house after a weekend of beer drinking.
                    So............ When's the next party????????

Comment

I picked up another 122 tonight. I'm going to have to get me a 10mm now.

- Cornelius Tacitus

Comment

Originally posted by SCV-Sop View Post
                        I picked up another 122 tonight. I'm going to have to get me a 10mm now.
                        Badass, haha. I try and at the very least pick up 100% of my brass plus at least 25% from other people every time I'm at the range. It's always good to stay ahead.
                        Eat Meat, Build Mass!

Comment

If you're really hard up for 10mm brass, find a friend who's FBI and goes shooting the MP5 chambered in 10mm. One guy offered me nearly 1,000 pieces of brass. All Winchester duty ammo. I had no need for them, so they ended up in the trash.
                          Getting shot hurts! Don't under estimate the power of live ammo. A .22LR can kill you! I personally feel that it's best to avoid being shot by any caliber. Your vest may stop the bullet, but you'll still get a nice bruise or other injury to remember the experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus259
                            *holds up hand* Hi, newb shooter here for the most part.

What about the reloads and the risk of them blowing up your gun? I was told to never fire reloads through my G22 because they are a lot more prone to malfunction and that Glock won't warranty a weapon if it fired reloads? Or is it just a .40 thing?
                            If you are firing "reloads" through a Glock, be sure that the bullets are not "lead round nose". As long as you're using jacketed bullets and the powder charge is within factory specifics, you should be ok. In my last armorer's course, it was stressed that reloads shouldn't be fired through a Glock pistol. During our lunch break, we chatted "off the record" with the instructor and got the info on not firing lead round nose bullets from a standard Glock barrel. Lone Wolf and other companies sell after market barrels with different rifling that will allow you to shoot lead round nose bullets through a Glock pistol. What happens is that due to the "polygonal rifling" in the stock Glock barrels, lead will build up too fast and cause excessive pressures, especially with the .40 s&w round.
                            Getting shot hurts! Don't under estimate the power of live ammo. A .22LR can kill you! I personally feel that it's best to avoid being shot by any caliber. Your vest may stop the bullet, but you'll still get a nice bruise or other injury to remember the experience.

Comment

I've ruined a barrel with cast lead bullets.
                              1) I didn't size them.
                              2) I didn't lube them

I was being lazy. I've shot properly sized and lubed bullets through my glock, but it makes a mess of things and you have to clean every 100 rounds. No more, I'll only shoot jacketed reloads.

- Cornelius Tacitus

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4460 users online. 279 members and 4181 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X