X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vanguard2279
    replied
    Hmmmmm,......

It COULD be a five incher. Not unknown. I hope the stag grips are real. It would make this gun really unique. Definitely not factory, but neat enough. Congratulations.

Leave a comment:

• OneAdam12
    replied
    Nice gun. Keep it. Not the original grips of course.

Leave a comment:

• widgeon08
    replied
    Originally posted by jws8308 View Post
    Based on the serial #, looks like it was from 1960. I got that from searching this forum:http://shootersforum.com/showthread.htm?t=30093

Also, you might want to shoot an email to our agency historian/Area 8 Commander. He is a huge gun guru and will probably have your answer or will be able to direct you to the right source.
    Now your stalking me on this forum to? Im going to take a picture of it with the cannon that should keep you out of trouble for a week or so.

Leave a comment:

• jws8308
    replied
    Based on the serial #, looks like it was from 1960. I got that from searching this forum:http://shootersforum.com/showthread.htm?t=30093

Also, you might want to shoot an email to our agency historian/Area 8 Commander. He is a huge gun guru and will probably have your answer or will be able to direct you to the right source.

Leave a comment:

• widgeon08
    replied
    Originally posted by ten08
    4 inch or 6 inch?
    I wanted to answer this without getting in trouble with the wife so I will just say 6...

Leave a comment:

• widgeon08
    replied
    Thanks

Thanks for the info. I tried attaching a pic but its my first upload so we will se if it works. My camera is out in the patrol vehicle and I was to lazy to grab it so the cell will have to do for now. I am guessing the ivory colored grips are not the standard? I haven't given her a good cleaning yet but it doesnt appear to be in bad shape at all. The serial number is in the 872*** range.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• crass cop
    replied
    can you post some pics??

Leave a comment:

• Sackett
    replied
    OK , jut because I like to deal fairly with you, I will give you $100.00 instead of $75.00 Just joking of course! Don't let it leave your hands.

Leave a comment:

• KenW.
    replied
    My dad was a collector of double-action colts. Official police, new service, etc. You have a keeper.

Leave a comment:

• widgeon08
    started a topic Colt Official Police 38

Colt Official Police 38

Inherited one of these and don't know much about them. Are they a pretty common 38 or is it worth being excited about it?

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5078 users online. 278 members and 4800 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X