300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colt Official Police 38

Inherited one of these and don't know much about them. Are they a pretty common 38 or is it worth being excited about it?

My dad was a collector of double-action colts. Official police, new service, etc. You have a keeper.
    I am concerned for the security of our great Nation; not so much because of any threat from without, but because of the insidious forces working from within.

Douglas MacArthur

Comment

OK , jut because I like to deal fairly with you, I will give you $100.00 instead of $75.00 Just joking of course! Don't let it leave your hands.

Comment

can you post some pics??
        "I don't go on "I'maworthlesscumdumpster.com" and post negative **** about cum dumpsters."
        The Tick

"Are you referring to the secret headquarters of a fictional crime fighter or penal complex slang for a-$$hole, anus or rectum?"
        sanitizer

"and we all know you are a poser and a p*ssy.... "
        Bearcat357 to Dinner Portion/buck8/long relief

Comment

Thanks

Thanks for the info. I tried attaching a pic but its my first upload so we will se if it works. My camera is out in the patrol vehicle and I was to lazy to grab it so the cell will have to do for now. I am guessing the ivory colored grips are not the standard? I haven't given her a good cleaning yet but it doesnt appear to be in bad shape at all. The serial number is in the 872*** range.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by ten08
            4 inch or 6 inch?
            I wanted to answer this without getting in trouble with the wife so I will just say 6...

Comment

Based on the serial #, looks like it was from 1960. I got that from searching this forum:http://shootersforum.com/showthread.htm?t=30093

Also, you might want to shoot an email to our agency historian/Area 8 Commander. He is a huge gun guru and will probably have your answer or will be able to direct you to the right source.

Comment

Originally posted by jws8308 View Post
                Based on the serial #, looks like it was from 1960. I got that from searching this forum:http://shootersforum.com/showthread.htm?t=30093

Also, you might want to shoot an email to our agency historian/Area 8 Commander. He is a huge gun guru and will probably have your answer or will be able to direct you to the right source.
                Now your stalking me on this forum to? Im going to take a picture of it with the cannon that should keep you out of trouble for a week or so.

Comment

Nice gun. Keep it. Not the original grips of course.
                  Pete Malloy, "The only thing black and white about this job is the car."

Comment

Hmmmmm,......

It COULD be a five incher. Not unknown. I hope the stag grips are real. It would make this gun really unique. Definitely not factory, but neat enough. Congratulations.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4991 users online. 279 members and 4712 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X