300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• .38 v.s. glock 27

I know this has been discussed to the inth degree but i was hoping for some veteran advise......I own a S&W 442 as well as a Glock 27. Department issues GLock 22. Can someone who has looked into both as a BUG pm me......It would be greatly appreciated.......I need pros and cons.....

Depends where you are going to carry them. The Glock is a little too big to wear on an ankle, where the snubbie will do just fine. I have a G26 I carry as a backup to my G17. Nice part there is interchangeability with magazines. I wear the Glock in a cross draw vest holster. Problem with that is I have to get shirts a size larger and have them tailored down to fit. If I wear boots I carry the G27. Lower cut boots and I carry the SW 32.

Comment

I'd use the G27 as a BUG. Your G22 mags will work in the G27, but won't work with the .38. You'll need to worry about carrying two types of ammo (assuming you'll have at least one reload for the BUG. Everyone is built a little different. I have no prob withe G27 in an ankle holster or in a custom holster that goes under my vest.

If you get an opportunity, try them both and see which fits better.
      Getting shot hurts! Don't under estimate the power of live ammo. A .22LR can kill you! I personally feel that it's best to avoid being shot by any caliber. Your vest may stop the bullet, but you'll still get a nice bruise or other injury to remember the experience.

Comment

^^^ what they said..The Glock should have more rounds and a .40 cal over a .38
        Try wearing both on your vest....devise a way to get the soft holster onto your vest, beit by connecting it to your carrier strap or doing some velcro on the carrier...both would work, but I would do the G-lock...more rounds, and a bit higher caliber..PLUS teh compatability of the rounds with your duty weapon
        "I don't go on "I'maworthlesscumdumpster.com" and post negative **** about cum dumpsters."
        The Tick

"Are you referring to the secret headquarters of a fictional crime fighter or penal complex slang for a-$$hole, anus or rectum?"
        sanitizer

"and we all know you are a poser and a p*ssy.... "
        Bearcat357 to Dinner Portion/buck8/long relief

Comment

More ammo, same muscle memory as your duty weapon, interchangeable magazines.
          Go with the Glock.

Comment

not a huge fan of glock as a bug, imho they are too bulky/heavy to wear on the vest. I carry a 637 in an uncle mikes vest holder and love it
            In Valor there is hope

Comment

Originally posted by crass cop View Post
              ^^^ Try wearing both on your vest....devise a way to get the soft holster onto your vest, beit by connecting it to your carrier strap or doing some velcro on the carrier...
              Where can I find ways to do this? Maybe even a few pictures. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by bravo1 View Post
                Where can I find ways to do this? Maybe even a few pictures. Thanks
                5.11 holster

Comment

^^^thats nice!
                  Im a bit cheaper, so I would get some velcro tape or fabric and stick it or sew it onto my carrier, get the holster with the opposie part of the tape/fabric and stick it on
                  "I don't go on "I'maworthlesscumdumpster.com" and post negative **** about cum dumpsters."
                  The Tick

"Are you referring to the secret headquarters of a fictional crime fighter or penal complex slang for a-$$hole, anus or rectum?"
                  sanitizer

Comment

http://www.amazon.com/Uncle-Mikes-Am...4088003&sr=8-1

slides on existing armor strap, works really well
                    In Valor there is hope

Comment

Do you think this would work well under a shirt/vest carrier? Maybe even OD?

http://www.511tactical.com/All-Produ...ter-Shirt.html
                      "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence to those who would do us harm." - George Orwell, April 4, 1942

Comment

Originally posted by FlyChicaga View Post
                        Do you think this would work well under a shirt/vest carrier? Maybe even OD?

http://www.511tactical.com/All-Produ...ter-Shirt.html
                        no
                        In Valor there is hope

Comment

^^also....no
                          no guarantee it will stay in place when the weight is swinging around....you need something ATTACHED to your vest, which is ATTACHED to you and wont swing around.
                          NOW, if you had some sort of attachment decive that attached one side to the other, then perhaps...o en Espanol..."quizas"
                          The Tick

sanitizer

Comment

As always, great info......thanks guys!

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU74 View Post
                              no
                              Originally posted by crass cop View Post
                              ^^also....no
                              no guarantee it will stay in place when the weight is swinging around....you need something ATTACHED to your vest, which is ATTACHED to you and wont swing around.
                              NOW, if you had some sort of attachment decive that attached one side to the other, then perhaps...o en Espanol..."quizas"
                              Ok cool, thanks.
                              "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence to those who would do us harm." - George Orwell, April 4, 1942

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5237 users online. 317 members and 4920 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X