Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glock seems like the perfect answer. Bigger caliber, more ammo, and the interchangeability you have with your duty weapon. I actually just started carrying my G27 with an ankle holster and it is not too big and I really do not feel it at all while I'm working. I also have a BUG POCKET which the G27 is a little too thick in my opinion and it looks like I have a third boob. It really depends on where you want to carry it. The vest is great, but you need to practice the draw and see if it really is practical. The ankle is a slow draw too and needs to be practiced.

It really depends on why you think you'll want the BUG. Your method of carry and type of gun (revolver VS semi-automatic) depends on what you think you'll need the BUG for. I have a thigh holster for my issued weapon that I wear on duty and when I'm in my car, if I need to get to my primary gun quickly while I'm sitting in the driver's seat, I'm SOL. I can get my G27 out of my ankle holster very quickly while seated. If you are thinking you'll want it more for when you are fighting someone for gun retention, someone going for your primary gun, a vest carry is probably better because it will be difficult to get the gun on your ankle when you're fighting for your primary weapon.

With that being said about me carrying the G27, it is ONLY because I haven't qualified on my revolver yet. Yes, revolver is a smaller caliber and less ammo. However, I hope I really only need to get to my BUG for close gunfights where I may only need a few shots, but I NEED the gun to go bang. The revolver is RELIABLE... It WILL shoot. Where as the semi-automatic you hope that's not the time you have a failure. If it comes to it and I need to stick the gun in the belly of the guy trying to get my gun or create death or serious bodily injury to me, I can shoot all 5 rounds of my revolver. With a semi-automatic, you do a contact shot and you'll most likely get a stove-pipe and that will be the only shot you get off, so hope that is all that is needed.

It really comes down to what you are comfortable with, both type of gun and placement of gun. There is different schools of thoughts about why/when/where they are needed as a backup gun. Me, personally, I already have a semi-automatic with a lot of ammo as my primary. I want my backup to be a gun I KNOW will go bang every time I pull the trigger and is easy to conceal anywhere I want it to (Vest, Ankley, Pocket, Other area).

Test out doing both and see what you like.

Comment

Originally posted by MiGuy View Post
      Glock seems like the perfect answer. Bigger caliber, more ammo, and the interchangeability you have with your duty weapon. I actually just started carrying my G27 with an ankle holster and it is not too big and I really do not feel it at all while I'm working. I also have a BUG POCKET which the G27 is a little too thick in my opinion and it looks like I have a third boob. It really depends on where you want to carry it. The vest is great, but you need to practice the draw and see if it really is practical. The ankle is a slow draw too and needs to be practiced.

It really depends on why you think you'll want the BUG. Your method of carry and type of gun (revolver VS semi-automatic) depends on what you think you'll need the BUG for. I have a thigh holster for my issued weapon that I wear on duty and when I'm in my car, if I need to get to my primary gun quickly while I'm sitting in the driver's seat, I'm SOL. I can get my G27 out of my ankle holster very quickly while seated. If you are thinking you'll want it more for when you are fighting someone for gun retention, someone going for your primary gun, a vest carry is probably better because it will be difficult to get the gun on your ankle when you're fighting for your primary weapon.

With that being said about me carrying the G27, it is ONLY because I haven't qualified on my revolver yet. Yes, revolver is a smaller caliber and less ammo. However, I hope I really only need to get to my BUG for close gunfights where I may only need a few shots, but I NEED the gun to go bang. The revolver is RELIABLE... It WILL shoot. Where as the semi-automatic you hope that's not the time you have a failure. If it comes to it and I need to stick the gun in the belly of the guy trying to get my gun or create death or serious bodily injury to me, I can shoot all 5 rounds of my revolver. With a semi-automatic, you do a contact shot and you'll most likely get a stove-pipe and that will be the only shot you get off, so hope that is all that is needed.

It really comes down to what you are comfortable with, both type of gun and placement of gun. There is different schools of thoughts about why/when/where they are needed as a backup gun. Me, personally, I already have a semi-automatic with a lot of ammo as my primary. I want my backup to be a gun I KNOW will go bang every time I pull the trigger and is easy to conceal anywhere I want it to (Vest, Ankley, Pocket, Other area).

Test out doing both and see what you like.
      couldnt agree more that is why i carry a revolver on my vest, as a last ditch oh **** gun. as far as riding in the car goes i also have trouble unholstering my primary...I carry a G30 in a 5.11 push pack attached to the passenger seat, works pretty well
      In Valor there is hope

Comment

Another thing to take into account is that if you are in a close combat fight for your life/weapon Glocks, may not go bang on a contact shot. If you are pressing on the target and even move the slide a fraction, no bang from the Glock. I carry a revolver for this reason. If i am using my BUG it means I am in a close combat for my life and need a new tool to go bang for some reason, I know my revolver will do that and be very effective at close range.

Comment

Originally posted by FormerTeacher View Post
          Another thing to take into account is that if you are in a close combat fight for your life/weapon Glocks, may not go bang on a contact shot. If you are pressing on the target and even move the slide a fraction, no bang from the Glock. I carry a revolver for this reason. If i am using my BUG it means I am in a close combat for my life and need a new tool to go bang for some reason, I know my revolver will do that and be very effective at close range.
          Yeah, well said, that is why I carry a snub 38 revolver.

Comment

Ummm.... I only paid about $350 for my snub nosed, Smith and Wesson Airweight with enclosed hammer. LE Pricing of course.

Comment

Lawdawg I sent you a pm.

Comment

http://www.budspolicesupply.com/cata...?products_id=8

Here is a cheap S&W. I haven't ever bought from them, but I have heard good things.

Comment

Originally posted by Lawdawg45
                  Here in Indy the LE pricing on the 27 is around $375, compared to almost $700 for the S&W J-frame.

LD45
                  $700 for a snubbie???!!!! someone is smoking crack. I paid less than $500 for my 642 and got 2 boxes of ammo.
                  I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

i paid $350 for mine w/ 2 holsters and a box of ammo
                    In Valor there is hope

Comment

JUST SO YOU KNOW...DONT PAY $700!!! No offense to those that did.....
                      I bought a snubbie airweight .38, bodyguard for $200...its used and was made in the early 70's, but its been checked out and is solid.
                      Check out OMB GUNS in Olathe KS..you may want to call and ask about weapons youre looking for that are not on their website because they have a BUNCH of them that are not listed
                      I dig the bodyguard style...you can shoot it from your pocket 5 times without it snagging, getting jammed, etc....just saying....

But in the end, get what YOU WANT and what you feel comfortable with and can GET TO IN A HIGH STRESS SITUATION

Another good resource is EXPRESS POLICE SUPPLY in Lenexa, KS...they have snubbies in both .38 and .357 for starting around $275 or so...I saw a few when I was out there a couple weeks ago
                      "I don't go on "I'maworthlesscumdumpster.com" and post negative **** about cum dumpsters."
                      The Tick

"Are you referring to the secret headquarters of a fictional crime fighter or penal complex slang for a-$$hole, anus or rectum?"
                      sanitizer

"and we all know you are a poser and a p*ssy.... "
                      Bearcat357 to Dinner Portion/buck8/long relief

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6433 users online. 392 members and 6041 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X