300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions on HK91 (G3) rifles?

I have a local gun buddy offering a HK91, with a sighted in scope, 20 round magazine, fixed stock.
    For $900 flat.

Looks like a fantastic gun; feels heavy which is fine, chambered in the awesome .308, semi-auto.
    Anyone have any opinions on the gun? I have no idea what to look for/expect in this sort of firearm. HK seems to be a reputable brand, but other then that, I'm lost with this rifle.

They're good guns to have for a battle rifle platform. Accuracy isn't spectacular, but it's a minute-of-man weapon. $900 for an HK91 is a great price. FYI- G3 variant rifles (HK91, PTR-91, CETME, G3) all mutilate brass, so don't have high hopes to reload anything you shoot out of them.
    "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."
    -John Adams

Disclaimer: My statements are personal opinions, and in no way reflect those of my agency.

Comment

If that is a true HK manufactured rifle, then that is a good price. There are some clones of HK rifles floating around at lower prices.

HK quality is great. I shot a few and it is a fun toy. You can get magazines at dirt cheap prices as well. IIRC, it was bit difficult to disassemble and reassemble.

Comment

As M1 said, if it's an actual HK, that's a good price. If it's a CETME, run. That said, I am not a fan of the platform at all...regardless of maker. This is [obviously] just my opinion, but it just doesnt strike me as all that great of a design. Heavy...clunkey...*hitty trigger...horrible sights...I'd take an M1A, FAL, or AR-10 LOOOOOOONG before one of these (which you could do any of for just a couple hundred dollars more). Shoot it before you buy and, if it cranks your tractor, buy it. But, personal preference and all that j***, I'm not a fan.

That said, HK has a less-than-stellar reputation for customer service to lowly civilians. If you're not a highspeed, low-drag, SpecOps operator (or at least a government agency), they just flat out DGAF about you. It seems to be their opinion that the peasants don't deserve to have anything that says "HK" on it.
        Lt. Col. Grace - "Lt. Murphey, why are you all dressed up to mack on the ladies?"
        Me - "Sir, you just answered your own question."

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7090 users online. 365 members and 6725 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X