300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shoulder Holster

I'm wondering if any of ya'll wear a shoulder holster? I am the only one at my department, and the other 9 agencies in my county, that wears one, and I'm curious if anybody else wears one. And yea, I know they're expensive.

I had one but sold it. Good idea, but not as comfortable as they seem in the movies. I used it when seated for long periods on extraditions is about all. The fact they are disallowed by my agency policy had something to do with my getting rid of it too.
    I am concerned for the security of our great Nation; not so much because of any threat from without, but because of the insidious forces working from within.

Douglas MacArthur

Comment

I like to look at it from the opposite side.

Why would you wear a shoulder holster? There are so many better options available.
      "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell
      8541tactical.com - Ammo Wallets

Comment

I have worn one around the office for when I've been sitting in training and such. It's actually a great holster for when you have to have one, but want it out of the way. I think they're comfortable. Plus, you have two more magazines right there at your disposal. And they can double as suspenders. It's like you're in the '70's all over again.
        "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."
        -John Adams

Disclaimer: My statements are personal opinions, and in no way reflect those of my agency.

Comment

I"m actually looking into a shoulder holster right now just so I can carry at a wedding while wearing a jacket.

Comment

Originally posted by Till View Post
            I"m actually looking into a shoulder holster right now just so I can carry at a wedding while wearing a jacket.
            You can wear IWB/OWB with your jacket on and can get a good concealment out of it, unless you are going to carry something like a Colt Peace Maker or a Desert Eagle.

Comment

I used to use one for CC with my Kimber Ultra-Carry...but I could just never get comfortable with the idea that I was disobeying the first rule of gun safety by having my muzzle pointed horizontally at anyone/anything that happened to be behind me.
              Lt. Col. Grace - "Lt. Murphey, why are you all dressed up to mack on the ladies?"
              Me - "Sir, you just answered your own question."

Comment

The only reason I have considered a shoulder holster is because there isn't any other good way to carry a full size combat handgun while wearing a tux.

Murf, there are shoulder rigs that still point the muzzle down. However if I have pants with a belt, then I prefer to use a standard holster. I have sat through a week of inservice training with a Commander and two spare mags on my hip with no discomfort. Of course if any of you haven't seen you wiener in a couple of years, then your results may be a bit different than mine.
                "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell
                8541tactical.com - Ammo Wallets

Comment

Few advantages of utilizing a shoulder rig. Can carry and concealed full size gun relatively easy. Could potentially give you a better access to the gun while you are driving. also can prevent you from dropping your gun while you are sitting on a toilet reading your daily horoscope.

Comment

I wear a shoulder holster when I am off duty. I would wear it on duty but I work as a uniformed officer and must wear a duty belt. I found it is great if you work in cold weather and need to layer, dress up, or you just want the speed of throwing on your gun before you leave the house. I use the Galco Jackass system that fits my XD 40 subcompact or service.

Comment

I have also used it for wearing with suits. It's a lot easier when your suit fits you, though.
                      "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."
                      -John Adams

Disclaimer: My statements are personal opinions, and in no way reflect those of my agency.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6038 users online. 297 members and 5741 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X