300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S&W M&P 40(c)

My dad just got the new 40c, and I shot it over the weekend... lemme tell you something. We've been looking all over for a nice smaller not micro compact, but just a compact... and out of all that's out there we tested, Taurus, Glock, Kahr, etc nothing compared to the new M&P. It didn't even feel like a pain in the bottom shooting the thing. The only thing that hurt was loading it because of the brand spankin' new mags. It was truly a pleasure to shoot. If you're going to get a conceal carry gun, I HIGHLY recommend this.

I've had one for years. Loved it so much I bought a full size to have in the safe.

Good guns...and fits my hands much better then any of the glocks.

Comment

S&W M&P 45 is on my to buy list for past few years, but never go around to purchasing one.
      I'd say feel of M&P is definitely better than a Glock IMO.

Comment

Glad to see this thread. I use the S&W MP 40 full as a duty weapon and was pondering over the 9c or 40c for off duty carry. I agree they are great guns. Before I became a cop I had never shot a hand gun before and this one was very easy to learn.

Comment

I love the thing.... never thought a 40 compact would be SOO easy to handle. It's like a hot knife with butter I tell ya what. I'd recommend this to any LEO looking for an OD carry because of the concealability factor and the all around workings of the gun.

Comment

I carry an issued .357sig M&P on duty and a .357sigC as a backup. Off duty I carry an M&P9C in a Crossbreed supertuck.

I agree that they're easy guns to shoot. I prefer the 9 for less recoil and cheaper ammo.

Hope yours serves you well.

Comment

I'm not a fan of any compensated model handgun. The problem I have is the huge flash when shooting in low light situations. I'm a die hard Glock guy, though I do appreciate the feel and operation of the S&W M&P line of pistols. They shoot a lot better than the S&W Sigma.
              Getting shot hurts! Don't under estimate the power of live ammo. A .22LR can kill you! I personally feel that it's best to avoid being shot by any caliber. Your vest may stop the bullet, but you'll still get a nice bruise or other injury to remember the experience.

Comment

Love the weapon; have used that very model as an off-duty weapon for the past three years. I find it comparable to the Glock, but prefer the M&P's interchangeable back strap/grips which seemed to fit my hand better. I've heard stories about the older S&W autos that were less than flattering. It seems they've greatly improved with the M&P series.

Comment

Originally posted by HI629 View Post
                  I'm not a fan of any compensated model handgun. The problem I have is the huge flash when shooting in low light situations. I'm a die hard Glock guy, though I do appreciate the feel and operation of the S&W M&P line of pistols. They shoot a lot better than the S&W Sigma.
                  Which gun is compsensated?

Comment

I don't think any of them are. I believe HI629 is taking the "c" to mean compensated and not short for compact. I don't think S&W makes the M&P w/ a comp option. Also, I have to disagree w/ HI629 on the huge flash in low light. I have shot C models in the dark and yet to have been blinded by the nuclear type explosion on the top of the gun or have my eyebrows torched off by said fireball. Highly overstated through my times shooting them.

Comment

Originally posted by sscpd223 View Post
                      I don't think any of them are. I believe HI629 is taking the "c" to mean compensated and not short for compact. I don't think S&W makes the M&P w/ a comp option. Also, I have to disagree w/ HI629 on the huge flash in low light. I have shot C models in the dark and yet to have been blinded by the nuclear type explosion on the top of the gun or have my eyebrows torched off by said fireball. Highly overstated through my times shooting them.
                      I've fired several versions of "compensated" pistols and revolvers. Along with the front sight getting fouled after a couple of shots, there was a substantial flash that I did notice. Yes, I probably misunderstood the "c" to be "compensated" rather than "compact".
                      Getting shot hurts! Don't under estimate the power of live ammo. A .22LR can kill you! I personally feel that it's best to avoid being shot by any caliber. Your vest may stop the bullet, but you'll still get a nice bruise or other injury to remember the experience.

Comment

Originally posted by HI629 View Post
                        I've fired several versions of "compensated" pistols and revolvers. Along with the front sight getting fouled after a couple of shots, there was a substantial flash that I did notice. Yes, I probably misunderstood the "c" to be "compensated" rather than "compact".
                        There's a barrel and magazine, or could just be barrel drop in you can get for the M&P that turns it into a .357sig... I think he's talking compact, not compensated..

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/w...layErrorView_Y

Comment

the "c" for the M&P means compact, not compensated.

I have a full size 9mm and really want a 9c.

The first time I shot an M&P I was in heaven. I prefer it over my Gen4 Glock 22. Just feels better in the hand.
                          "Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called Sons of God - Matthew 5:9

Comment

I'm glad I saw this thread. I just ordered a M&P 9C this week. It will replace my Glock 23 as off duty carry. The thing that sold me, besides the ergonomic grip, was that it's the perfect size. Right between the G23 and the sub-compact G27.

I was also directed by Sig Forum members to replace the hard sear and the striker blocker by ones made by Apex Tactical. It apparantly does wonders for the trigger, lightening it a few pounds, smoothing it out and also getting rid of the annoying false initial click upone reseting the trigger.

Anybody have the M&P 45C?
                            An eagle does not capture flys.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4542 users online. 215 members and 4327 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X