300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walther PPk

Can anyone tell me what the difference is in a PPK and a PPK/S?

Looked at both in the store yesterday and they look the same to me.

The PPK/S holds more ammo then the PPK.

The PPK was imported to the USA prior to the assassination of President Kennedy. After he was killed a new gun control act was put into place, and this is what established "points" system used today to determine if a weapon can be imported into the USA for civilian use. The PPK did not meet the new requirements so it could not be imported, so Walther redesigned the PPK into the PPK/S.

PPK
    Dimensions, L/H/W: 6.1"/3.8"/.98", Weight (without Mag): 20.8 oz. , Magazine Capacity: 6 Rounds

PPK/S
    Dimensions, L/H/W: 6.1"/4.3"/.98" , Weight (without Mag): 22.4 oz. , Magazine Capacity: 7 Rounds

The PPK/S is nothing more then the PP with a shorter barrel and the PPK slide installed.
    Forti Fors Bona

Comment

Oh ok, I see it now. I kept looking at the slides thinking that one had a longer slide/barrell.
      Which one is the PP?
      Do you carry any of them? I am looking at them for conceal/off duty...tired of carrying my full size. Its easy to conceal behind a jacket in winter, but with summer coming up I want something smaller and ankle gun is out of the question.
      Thanks

Comment

Having carried a Bersa for a couple of years, I agree with Lawdawg. It's an awful large package for so few [and such small] bullets.
        That said, it was insanely comfortable to carry, dead reliable, and plenty accurate; if you specifically WANT a .380, then I'd definitely recommend it over any of the micro nostril pistols.

If you like the Walther, save yourself 50% and get the Bersa. Spend the rest on ammo and a good carry rig.
        Lt. Col. Grace - "Lt. Murphey, why are you all dressed up to mack on the ladies?"
        Me - "Sir, you just answered your own question."

Comment

Which one is the PP?
          Walther created the full size / compact copy long before Gaston ever thought of it. The PP (Police Pistol) was designed as a full size duty pistol, the PPK (Police Pistol Kompact) was designed for concealed carry. The PP has a longer slide and held one more round then the PPK. However I do not believe the magazines are interchangeable.

Do you carry any of them?
          I have a pre Gun Control Act of 1968 PPK, yes I do carry it from time to time, it is a heavy gun for the caliber but it has real sights and I find it easy to shoot our full qualification course with it.

If you're carrying a Smith & Wesson, Beretta or Ruger pistol equipped with a safety de-cocker this should be an easy transition.
          If not I would suggest a weapon that more closely mimics the action of your duty weapon, unless you are planning on putting a lot of range time in to develop the required muscle memory .

Stay Safe

Fyr
          Forti Fors Bona

Comment

PPK/S is the PPK slide on the PP frame.

Comment

So I got the PPK this morning and I rather like it.
              The sight is off, rear sight, had to be adjusted, but it looks like it is sitting too far to one side. Has anyone else experienced this?

Comment

If you think its utterly faulty, contact Walther. Their customer service is unbelievably pleasurable
                Stay safe out there

"Cancel that central, its a moose"

Comment

I love my ppk/s I conceal it with a don hume slide holster on my belt. I just wear a T shirt and shorts. It prints slightly but I don't worry about it as I live in the great state of Arizona!
                  Academy Graduation...December 17th 2010

Taser Taser Taser....I will never volunteer to ride the lightning again.

Comment

Originally posted by saultsaultsudio View Post
                    If you think its utterly faulty, contact Walther. Their customer service is unbelievably pleasurable
                    Does Walther have their own customer service or utilizing S&W (as their products have been marketed by the S&W)?

I wanted a PPK while back.

Comment

I know the office has Walther and Smith people but is technically a Smith office.

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/w...&content=43307

PPKs are all made here anyways
                      Stay safe out there

"Cancel that central, its a moose"

Comment

Originally posted by fyrdog View Post
                        the PPK (Police Pistol Kompact) was designed for concealed carry.
                        Polizeipistole Kriminal designed for detectives

Comment

plastic and flex dampens recoil the Walther PPD series guns recoil is uncomfortable.

Comment

Originally posted by Lawdawg45
                            ...do I go with the Walther or the half priced copy made by Bersa? Any difference in quality or performance?
                            I've never shot the Walther, so this'll be one-sided...but I never had the first issue with the Bersa, and I'd buy another one in a heartbeat. Functioned 100%, shot true to POA, carried easily, stripped easily...just a fantastic little gun. I never found myself saying, "Dang...I wish I'd spent more and got something better."
                            Lt. Col. Grace - "Lt. Murphey, why are you all dressed up to mack on the ladies?"
                            Me - "Sir, you just answered your own question."

Comment

I owned a PPKs for a short time and (like many other LEOs) found that it's design wouldn't allow reliable functioning with modern hollowpoint ammunition.

I'd suggest getting a Ruger LCP for the best value in a really small .380 ACP. For outstanding quality (when price isn't a major concern) and the absolutely smallest .380 available, I bought a Seecamp LWS. Yea, you could buy at least three Rugers for what I paid (the Ruger wasn't available then), but it's built like a fine watch.

Last edited by pulicords; 05-09-2011, 10:48 AM.
                              "I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3238 users online. 170 members and 3068 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X