300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colt a2

So I've searched and googled and searched some more but I'm still not satisfied.

What are your opinions on a Colt AR 15 A2 HBAR? Its on older gun but still in great condition and I'm picking it up on the cheap.

I have one that was purchased back in mid 1990's that I used extensively for the NRA High Power rifle competitions. It comes in 1/7 twist barrel, so you'll get greater accuracy with 5.56mm in 62 grain or higher (I usually shoot either 68 grain Nosler or 69 grain Sierra BTHP). For pliniking 55 grain will give you decent group as well.
    I still have it and shoot it. Most of my friends who are involved in High Power competition mostly use Colt A2 HBAR as well.

BTW, Colt AR15 A2 HBAR comes with a screw instead of a take down pin (just one in front) and the hole is not standard mil spec size, but you can change it by getting an extra part from brownell's.

If you have any other specific questions, let me know.

Comment

There was a transition gun just before the Assault Weapon ban of 1994 where Colt tried to be more compliant than required by law, and they pinned in a solid steel sear block and used non std. trigger/hammer pins to try and be PC on how their guns were not easy to convert to select fire. This batch of guns is the least desirable Colt ever made.

Comment

Originally posted by David Hineline View Post
        There was a transition gun just before the Assault Weapon ban of 1994 where Colt tried to be more compliant than required by law, and they pinned in a solid steel sear block and used non std. trigger/hammer pins to try and be PC on how their guns were not easy to convert to select fire. This batch of guns is the least desirable Colt ever made.
        I have one of those in 7.62x39. The bolt carrier is open all the way to the back to allow for the block which supposedly made it harder to convert to full auto. It's an okay rifle, but it doesn't do anything that an AK-47 won't better.
        "Son, you are a walkin' violation of the laws of nature...But we don't enforce them laws."

I am just a country boy tryin' to make some sense
        But I'd like to ask the Congress, I'd like to ask the President
        "Can ya tell me where all the money went?"
        We might not be broke but we're badly bent!

The Tractors -- "Badly Bent" from the album Owner's Manual

"Common sense. So rare, it should be a super power." Exodus 259

Comment

Thanks, got it and like it.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5813 users online. 323 members and 5490 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X