300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FNP/FNX anyone?

I've nearly finished out my XD collection. Been thinking about the FN pistols. Who has one and what are your thoughts?

I have fired the FNP-40, and didn't think I liked it as much as what I have been using. I'm willing to try again though. I still haven't figured out what the FNX is all about; haven't seen one first hand yet. I understand they'll be replacing the FNP. I hope the trigger guard is a little larger than the FNP-40 I shot.
    I am concerned for the security of our great Nation; not so much because of any threat from without, but because of the insidious forces working from within.

Douglas MacArthur

I almost bought one under NRA instructor program. Few of my friends bought 9mm version of FNP andy they seemed to like theirs.
    If anything, I'd like to try out their .45 ACP version of FNP.

Comment

I have handled the FNP-45. Boy that's a BIG GUN! You need Herman Munster hands to weild that one. Couldn't imagine that one concealed.
      I am concerned for the security of our great Nation; not so much because of any threat from without, but because of the insidious forces working from within.

Douglas MacArthur

Comment

A FDE FNP-45 Tactical would be my choice:

Definitely not a concealment handgun unless you are built like Lou Ferrigno.
        "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell
        8541tactical.com - Ammo Wallets

Comment

That's a little much for a detective to have on his hip while typing a report in his cubicle.

Douglas MacArthur

Comment

I thought I might want the FNP-45 in lieu of the more expensive HK45. I went to the gun shop to see about renting one, and it became apparent almost immediately that the FNP-45 was just too blocky and bulky for me to shoot with my small carnie hands. The grip is very square, and it's something that I think FN should rethink. I realize that it's a factor of the magazine and fitting more rounds into the magazine and having to accommodate the design. The -9 and-40 were both equally as bulky and blocky feeling. Overall, I was disappointed and did not shoot it. The grip alone was enough of a deterrent. If you have larger hands, the FNP/FNX pistols would be a good purchase if you like shooting them. For those of us with small hands, it's a no-go.
            All reports I've read or reviews I've seen online have given the FNP high marks for quality and reliability, but I've read that a lot of people also have complaints about the blocky grip design.
            Last edited by Reedo; 04-15-2011, 01:56 AM.
            "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."
            -John Adams

Disclaimer: My statements are personal opinions, and in no way reflect those of my agency.

Comment

Originally posted by Reedo View Post
              I thought I might want the FNP-45 in lieu of the more expensive HK45. I went to the gun shop to see about renting one, and it became apparent almost immediately that the FNP-45 was just too blocky and bulky for me to shoot with my small carnie hands. The grip is very square, and it's something that I think FN should rethink. I realize that it's a factor of the magazine and fitting more rounds into the magazine and having to accommodate the design. The -9 and-40 were both equally as bulky and blocky feeling. Overall, I was disappointed and did not shoot it. The grip alone was enough of a deterrent. If you have larger hands, the FNP/FNX pistols would be a good purchase if you like shooting them. For those of us with small hands, it's a no-go.
              All reports I've read or reviews I've seen online have given the FNP high marks for quality and reliability, but I've read that a lot of people also have complaints about the blocky grip design.
              Seriously, the damn thing is square on most of the grip... very uncomfortable. I shot one with a MRDS and a suppressor and it had very little recoil, the dot was easy to re-acquire and the SA trigger pull is pleasant. The only real issue I have with it is the cubed grip.
              Eat Meat, Build Mass!

www.centralfloridaammo.com

Comment

Originally posted by Hitthegym View Post
                Seriously, the damn thing is square on most of the grip... very uncomfortable. I shot one with a MRDS and a suppressor and it had very little recoil, the dot was easy to re-acquire and the SA trigger pull is pleasant. The only real issue I have with it is the cubed grip.
                Could not agree more. This is also the chief complaint from every person out there that has had an issue with it. They all love the gun, but hate the grip. It's a deal-breaker for me.
                "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."
                -John Adams

Disclaimer: My statements are personal opinions, and in no way reflect those of my agency.

Comment

In my limited experiences with them, the FNP9s are a no-frills quality weapon.
                  Stay safe out there

"Cancel that central, its a moose"

Comment

I had a FNP-9m (compact) that I picked up at the factory near where I live. It was a great gun. I had no problems with the grip. A friend of mine has the FNP-45 and I agree that it is way too bulky (I have small hands). The FNX guns have a grip like the FNP-45 that is basically made up of little pyramids that I find uncomfortable. Another friend of mine is a designer at FN and he got me in for some trigger time on a FN-45 tactical prototype he was working on, it had a suppressor and a red dot sight, shot like a dream.
                    "The best form of cover is accurate and continuous return fire."

Comment

+1

I carry an FNP9 on a daily basis and love it. The SA trigger pull is excellent and it has taken every type of ammo I have put through it with no flaws. It is a great design and it has turned me on to FN firearms. The FN SCAR is next on my list along with a FNP9m - (the compact version). The FNX's seem to be more aggressive and I’m not a big fan but the FNP is great in my opinion.

Comment

i have a fnx9 and its great for concealed carry, and trigger is smooth....

Comment

I use an FNP 45 tactical for duty carry and LOVE it...it shoots very well and is as smooth as my 1911.
                          Chris

XBOX Live: Citizen GaKar

http://i36.tinypic.com/1zoxgtc.gif

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3554 users online. 192 members and 3362 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X