300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GSG-1911 .22LR.....who's got one??

I am looking at a GSG-1911 Tactical as a new suppressor host and a trainer.

I can't find one locally so I am probably going to end up ordering one. Anyone here have one? What's the fit and finish like?

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell
    8541tactical.com - Ammo Wallets

That's pretty slick! For $338, not a bad deal. Of course, the gun is threaded with metric threads, and you will need to get an adapter ($40 or so) to use your 1/2X28 threaded suppressor.

Here's a review I found online: http://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=275288
    J. Wise

AR-15 - AK-47 - NFA Trusts - My Pick - Carry Guns - 1911s

"Some say you can tell how the world stands by the prices of AK-47s...." Chit2001

Any comments contained herein regarding the legality of firearms, or the application of law, are strictly applicable to Texas. If you live in CA, NY, IL, MA, D.C., etc., the above comments will probably shock you, and should be read for educational purposes only. Most likely nothing I write will apply to you.

sigpic

Comment

I've got one, great gun for the money. It's a few ounces lighter than a real 1911 but functionally and dimensionally it's the same. I haven't had any troubles or failures with mine and it is plenty accurate. I carry a 1911 on duty and shoot them in IDPA using my duty gear and the GSG fits my holster fine though the mags a just a bit loose in the pouches. It is equipped like my other guns so it makes for a great practice piece. A friend of mine bought one after shooting mine and he hasn't had any problems with his either.
      These are pictures of the GSG with my Springfield Loaded-

Comment

wow thats a solid looking pistol... especially for that price! Perfect for training... i may have to look into one...

Even up here in Canada looks like you can get one for $415 so that ain't bad at all
        Last edited by Highwaystreets1; 04-10-2011, 10:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by WC145 View Post
          That .22 bore looks comical next to the .45.

Good to here the positive feedback. I really haven't been able to find any negative feedback.
          "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

Comment

My current favorite

My current favorite 22lr pistol. Best silencer host I have had. I wish they had put flat mainspring housing instead of arched, but I am swapping it out. The sights are a bit light duty being made out of plastic but no problem so far and it is a std. Novak cut for sight updates later.

I have one extra thread adapter to 1/2X28 $35 and 3 extra magazines $27 each. The gun as all autoloaders should come with 2 magazines but it does not. Only comes with 1. If all you can get is the model with the rail under the dust cover and you do not like rails under the dust cover then it comes off with two allen countersink screws. Also the fake silencer model will sit the Sig Mosquito as the metric threads are the same.

Comment

David, the "fake silencer" model was the one I was looking at. So am I to understand that when I remove the fake can, the threads are metric, not the standard 1/2x28 as on my Outback? I really don't have any need for a fake can since I have a real one, I was just hoping it would make the process easier. If not, then I will probably just order whatever is cheaper and pickup a Silencerco adapter (cuz I like the fluted protector).

Comment

Yea

The barrel is threaded and just long enough to be flush with the end of the slide. Then there is a threaded barrel protector that fits onto the threads to flush it our and bring the barrel full diameter flush to the end of the slide. The dummy silencer is one piece and has a barrel diameter extension protruding rearward that is threaded internal for the metric threads of the actual barrel.

So you will need an extension which will fit the metric threads and extend out beyond the length of the slide to mount our Outback upon. Similar to this adapter.

http://www.tacticalinc.com/1911-22lr...or-p-1479.html

Comment

This is the one I was looking at:

http://www.silencerco.com/store/inde...protector.html

Comment

That unit from Silencer Co is the one I ordered for my pistols. Still have one left. It is most excellent quality, there is a short extension smooth in front of the threads which is designed to enage an O-Ring seal of the Silencerco silencer that is not present on other brands of silencers. It should work fine but will put the exit of the muzzle blast just a bit closer to the first baffle in the silencer. This should not be a problem unless the first baffle of the silencer is very close to the thread mount. I can take a measurment of the length of the extension then you can measure the depth of your first baffle to make sure there is adequate clearance.

Comment

So most excellent news tonight. I put in the flat mainspring housing, turns out the factory one is where the mechanism for the magazine disconnect operates, so either by removing the sliding silver bit and spring or by putting in a std. mainspring housing the magazine inserted to drop the hammer thing is gone. Always liked the flat and not the arched, so it is gone also. Any std. mainspring housing fits with no problem, took the mainspring out of the .22 unit and installed it into the replacement so that it would have the proper hammer tension but it felt like a std. 45 hammer spring.

The measurement on the Silencerco adapter from the front of the shoulder flange on the adapter to the front of the adapter is
                      .463 Inch of which .310 is threads and .153 is smaller diameter smooth shoulder designed to engage the oring seal in the Silencerco Sparrow. My AAC Prodigy silencer is threaded .310 deep so the threads just flush out when screwed on, this means that carbon blast will neither gum up too much thread on the barrel extension nor if too little thread gum up the female threads inside the silencer, but that .153 shoulder past the threads means that the muzzle blast is that much closer to the first baffle in my case .695 deep to the front face of the baffle, so in my case this is .238 from physical impact of the first baffle, your spacing may differ. Not sure if the silencer would be quieter or louder less or more damaging to the baffle from blast if the .153 was removed so the gasses could expand quicker rather than being concentrated on the baffle.

Comment

Looks like there is plenty of room on the Outback II.

I had heard a couple times that a standard 1911 mainspring housing will fit. I didn't realize there was a magazine disconnect. If I get one of these gems that will go quick. I hate magazine "safeties". They were designed for dumb asses who don't know how to clear a weapon.

On a 22LR I am not so much worried about the volume of the blast baffle. I usually run sub-sonic ammo. I handled a Silencerco Sparrow at SHOT and it's a very nice design with some innovative features. Unfortunately I didn't get to hear it fired, but from what I understand most .22LR cans are pretty quiet.
                        Last edited by Blackdog F4i; 04-15-2011, 07:55 AM.

Comment

If you don't mind the arched mainspring housing, then the magazine disconnect pieces will pretty much just fall out and disable the feature once you pull the mainspring housing and put it back in without the pieces and the gun fires like it should.

Comment

My factory colt has a flat composite housing. I have actually considered putting an arched housing in it to help it point closer to the Glock. I have to make sure the I am running the 1911 hard that I watch the front sight or silhouette the slide.

Comment

Check this link - http://forums.1911forum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32 - lots of threads about GSG's, including one that a GSG employee answers questions in. Lots and lots of info.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6064 users online. 303 members and 5761 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X