300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sig556R

I just picked up a Sig556R (Russian) last week and put a few rounds through it. This rifle is nice, seems to be very reliable and accurate. Recoil is very manageable with Wolf ammunition, I haven't tried any other ammunition yet. I would post pictures, but I haven't taken the time to learn how. The only issue I have is the lack of a front sight, it comes with the flip up rear sight and a Sig optic (red dot).

I was wondering what range I should zero it at, I'm not very familiar with the 7.62x39 round's trajectory.

Thanks,
    Hap

I admittedly know NOTHING about SIGs...but they named it the "556R" and chambered it in 7.62x39? That's retarded.
    Lt. Col. Grace - "Lt. Murphey, why are you all dressed up to mack on the ladies?"
    Me - "Sir, you just answered your own question."

Comment

Originally posted by Murf425 View Post
      I admittedly know NOTHING about SIGs...but they named it the "556R" and chambered it in 7.62x39? That's retarded.
      Maybe that's what the R is for.

Comment

Originally posted by hapc View Post
        I just picked up a Sig556R (Russian) last week and put a few rounds through it. This rifle is nice, seems to be very reliable and accurate. Recoil is very manageable with Wolf ammunition, I haven't tried any other ammunition yet. I would post pictures, but I haven't taken the time to learn how. The only issue I have is the lack of a front sight, it comes with the flip up rear sight and a Sig optic (red dot).

I was wondering what range I should zero it at, I'm not very familiar with the 7.62x39 round's trajectory.

Thanks,
        Hap
        7.62X39 is rather similar to a 30-30 in ballistics. What distances you plan on shooting at? You could do either a 25 yard zero or a 50 yards zero.

Comment

Thanks Rifleguy. I have it zeroed at 25 yards now. This thing is pretty accurate and recoil is minimum.

Comment

Congrats on the new rifle. I am a big fan of 7.62X39. The round is very effective out to around 250 yds or so. The rifle is pretty good-looking, too!

Too bad it doesn't come with iron sights.

Here is a ballistic chart I just pulled off the web from doing a Google search. I don't vouch for it, but it lines up with my estimations.

Cartridge: 7.62x39 (123 Sp at 2365)
            Bullet BC: .292
            100 yds: +2.9"
            200 yds: -0.5"
            [email protected]: 3"@110
            Max Pt. Blank Range (yds.): 225yds
            Last edited by jwise; 04-10-2011, 02:15 PM.
            J. Wise

AR-15 - AK-47 - NFA Trusts - My Pick - Carry Guns - 1911s

"Some say you can tell how the world stands by the prices of AK-47s...." Chit2001

Any comments contained herein regarding the legality of firearms, or the application of law, are strictly applicable to Texas. If you live in CA, NY, IL, MA, D.C., etc., the above comments will probably shock you, and should be read for educational purposes only. Most likely nothing I write will apply to you.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jwise View Post
              Too bad it doesn't come with iron sights.
              I can't really tell from the pic angle; does that gas block have a rail on top for a front sight? A set of folders would be pretty cool on there.
              Lt. Col. Grace - "Lt. Murphey, why are you all dressed up to mack on the ladies?"
              Me - "Sir, you just answered your own question."

Comment

Thanks jwise, I appreciate it. I spoke with Sig and they said that they were working on a front sight option which should be available in the near future, my guess is that they will try to pair it with their rear diopter sight as a package.

Murf, no rail, but that is a dovetail type cut out.

Comment

looks like it accepts AK mags( the mag release appears in the same position as AKs),considering "for awhile" the ammo was almost everywhere in bulk, I don't know why anyone would knock the 7.62 x 39 round. Ruger chambered their Mini 30 in it( have one myself) and I have a Saiga rifle that gulps that stuff down without a hitch( have a mini 14 that has "snagged" on bulk/surplus canadian 5.56 ammo, but has fired US stuff without a hassle) I think the 7.62 X 39 ammo for med range targets is very potent, and having rolled to a few shootings in the past where some knucklehead used it, sadly, very effective.

That sig looked very smart, too bad here in Ca. I probably couldn't have it in that configuration....
                  "we're americans ! We don't quit because we're wrong, we just keep doing it wrong UNTIL it turns out Right"...

Comment

Originally posted by DOAcop38 View Post
                    That sig looked very smart, too bad here in Ca. I probably couldn't have it in that configuration....
                    There is a CA approved version with the rad-lock (AK version of a bullet button). Should be in stores June-July timeframe.....
                    Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.
                    --Winston Churchill--

"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5252 users online. 322 members and 4930 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X