Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My "pretty" duty gun was my Kimber Tactical Custom II (still own it too!!!), now that I've evolved into working guns a little more I really do like my XD45c, XD9sc, and XDm40 3.8 compact.

Never found a flaw on any of my XDs. Never had a failure either.
    I am concerned for the security of our great Nation; not so much because of any threat from without, but because of the insidious forces working from within.

Douglas MacArthur

Comment

Originally posted by Bighead View Post
      The Springfield XDM Compact.

My sister works in plainclothes as a detective, and recently switched from a Glock 19 to the new XDM40 Compact. She says it is the best pistol she has ever carried. She hasn't had any issues with reliability at this point.
      I second above post and Ive had about ever GLOCK model they make at one time or another. Even the regular XD models before the "M" enhanced models were awesome. I still have my XD Tactical and out of the box it'll hang with any of the expensive 1911's I own..The reason I purchased the awesome 14 shot XD Tactical is the first time I shot one for fun we were taking turns shooting out the little mini man up in the corners of the Modified B27 tagrets. Awesome guns...rugged reliable easy to maintain and keep clean and unreal accurate. If you need info on various L.E. that carry many in SC and Illinois carry it just call the company.
      "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. The MARINES don't have that problem." ....Ronald Reagan

Comment

I have a regular XD. The only thing I don't like about it, is the really long trigger reset. I pretty much have to release the trigger all the way to reset it. My Glock 21 is much better in that regard. Other than that, the XD is more comfortable in my hand. Does the XDM have the really long trigger reset?

Comment

I've got one gripe, to recharge or pull the slide back the grip safety has to be engaged. I hate that.
          Pete Malloy, "The only thing black and white about this job is the car."

Comment

I am a XDM fanatic. I currently own 4 of them in different calibers and configurations. I keep track of the rounds I have shot through all of my weapons and I have shot exactly 11,324 rounds through my XDM .40 full size and have not had a single malfunction yet. At 10,000 rounds I called springfield and asked what I might think about replacing and was pretty much told "if it aint broke dont fix it".

I just bought a XDM 3.8 compact in 9mm and have put 500 rounds through it. No problems yet and it offers the modular design that would allow you to use it in full size for duty and compact for off duty.

I would recomend that you dont buy the full size for only one reason...HOLSTERS. Yes, most standard XD holsters will fit the XDM BUT the bottom of the slide and barel will stick out and you risk having the slide knocked out of battery and damaging the crown of the barrel.

If you go with the 3.8 they will actually properly fit most of the standard XD holsters.

I have called most of the major holster companies and was advised by them that the main reason they have not made holsters for the XDM yet is because a new holster costs them about $6K-10K to make from the ground up. With the economy the way it is they just dont want to make those kind of investments.

Comment

This is the first full duty day with my XDm40 3.8 compact on my hip. I'm using the Serpa I originally bought for my 45c. Perfect fit.

Qualed with it yesterday after only having put 100 rounds through it recreationally. Round count now is around 300.

My armorer likes the "m" more rhan the original XD. He has to approve of personnaly owned sidearms. He asked me to just pick one and stay with it. I've been qualled on three 1911s, a XD45c, XD9sc, and now the XDm40 3.8 compact. I don't shoot the issue weapon except I have to go through the conversion course whenever the issue weapon changes(BHP-HK P-7- HK USP40- Glock 22).
              Last edited by KenW.; 04-20-2011, 12:48 PM.
              I am concerned for the security of our great Nation; not so much because of any threat from without, but because of the insidious forces working from within.

Douglas MacArthur

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5414 users online. 330 members and 5084 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X