300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reduced recoil slugs and knoxx stock?

I've been researching the hell outta this, and what better place to ask this then here...

What is your experience with reduced recoil slugs?

What is your experience with the knoxx stock I'm talking about the one that's got a spring in the grip and the collapsible stock?

Reason I ask this, the indoor range only lets us shoot slugs, and bout took my shoulder off with what they let us use...

Thanks for all the input

Reduced recoil slugs have less energy.
    Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

Use regular-powered slugs.

The difference in lower recoil means nothing to my shoulder.

Work on your stance, and you shouldn't have any problems with them.
      Last edited by Till; 04-03-2011, 10:05 PM.

Comment

The knoxx stock saves your shoulder by putting half the energy into your face.
        **Not a LEO**

Comment

I had a Knoxx Stock on my Moss 590A1. It worked ok... Like stated above it distributes soem of the force up into your face. Personally, I didn't care for it. I put the OEM stock back on and sold the Knoxx on Craigslist.
          Common sense its not a common virtue...

sigpic

"The AR-15, Legos for grown ups."-Jwise

"OCD with firearms can ensure your continued use of oxygen. "- Blackdog F4i

1042 Trooper is my hero!!!

Comment

Originally posted by farrellsm77 View Post
            I had a Knoxx Stock on my Moss 590A1. It worked ok... Like stated above it distributes soem of the force up into your face. Personally, I didn't care for it. I put the OEM stock back on and sold the Knoxx on Craigslist.
            Thanks for the input on that farrelsm. I'd much rather take a slug in the shoulder than half a slug in the face.
            sigpic

"Po Po coming through!" all rights reserved DJS

'Do we really need 'smart bombs' to drop on these dumb bastards?'

http://www.snipercompany.com/

M16/AR15/M4 Armorer

Comment

Originally posted by TimK View Post
              The knoxx stock saves your shoulder by putting half the energy into your face.
              THats hilarious....I guess i wasn't the only one that figured this out the hard way.

Comment

I have an 870 tactical, and while I like the pistol grip stock, it seems to me that it makes the gun seem to kick harder. For just blasting at the range you can buy a mercury filled recoil reducer to put in the stock., never tried one but some folks swear they are great. Some of their benefit is just in adding weight.

Bill
                Just pay your dues, and be quiet :-)

Comment

For great recoil reduction without the face slap, take a look at the Mesa Tactical line:

http://www.mesatactical.com/index.php?id=55

Just be prepared for sticker shock. I have one on my 870, and it makes full power slugs feel like birdshot, very well built. But I also got mine for free from a friend who had an extra...
                  Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.
                  --Winston Churchill--

"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

Comment

Thanks for the heads up Sheriff.... maybe if I come up on a couple hundred I'll pick one up haha...

I hate the buttstock I currently have on there, not because it's not "tacticool" but it just doesn't feel right with me holding it.

http://www.shotgun500tactical.com/AT...i-tfs0600-.htm

http://www.shotgun500tactical.com/Pr...=BKH-K08200-C-

My dad wants to put a carrier on to keep slugs on for HD too...

What do you guys think of these two right here?
                    Last edited by Taylor13; 04-05-2011, 02:36 PM.

Comment

I have your second option listed on my duty gun. It is the Knoxx stock without the wiz-bang recoil springs and I am more than pleased with it. I looked at the shell holder that works with this stock and it was a P.O.S. I went with a reciever mounted side-saddle instead.

Use regular 2-3/4" slugs and change your stance up. Square off to the target and put the stock on your pec, more toward the centerline of your body. Use your body to absorb the recoil and your follow up shots will be faster as well. Shooting a heavy hitting slug gun in a bladed wingshooting stance is not going to do your shoulder any favors either.

Comment

Originally posted by Taylor13 View Post
                        My dad wants to put a carrier on to keep slugs on for HD too...

What do you guys think of these two right here?
                        Something wrong with a $3 elastic butt cuff?
                        Lt. Col. Grace - "Lt. Murphey, why are you all dressed up to mack on the ladies?"
                        Me - "Sir, you just answered your own question."

Comment

There were guys in my academy who tried the Knoxx Stock and all ended up with mashed up faces at the end of 40 hours of heavy shooting. Our instructor laughed and took pictures as a warning to future classes. I went with a Speed Feed stock and was very happy. For extra shells get a side saddle, you can reload quickly and keep the business end of the gun pointed in the right direction.

Comment

Now was that because they had the cheek piece and put their face on the stock? I don't like holding it there I hold it a little differently...

I'm also looking at problems lefty shooter have, however I can shoot with either hand, I prefer my left side.

Comment

Originally posted by Taylor13 View Post
                              Now was that because they had the cheek piece and put their face on the stock? I don't like holding it there I hold it a little differently...

I'm also looking at problems lefty shooter have, however I can shoot with either hand, I prefer my left side.
                              I am a lefty too... The Knoxx will beat the hell out of your face. It's the way the piece slides.
                              Common sense its not a common virtue...

sigpic

"The AR-15, Legos for grown ups."-Jwise

"OCD with firearms can ensure your continued use of oxygen. "- Blackdog F4i

1042 Trooper is my hero!!!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6073 users online. 331 members and 5742 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X