Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ssar-15

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qddQhZv4Nv8

Couldn't find anything with search. Anyone seen this yet?

Originally posted by LAChief View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qddQhZv4Nv8

Couldn't find anything with search. Anyone seen this yet?

Interesting. It'd be fun to use at the range.

Comment

I'm so sick of this thing.
      It's a really poor concept and is actually pretty problematic. The only ammunition that's been reported to power it is M193 or M855/SS109. It's good if you feel like wasting money and ammunition. There is no real world application for it, however.
      It also sits in some pretty unstable gray area. I give it 12 months MAX before the BATFE decides to change their mind make it illegal.
      "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."
      -John Adams

Disclaimer: My statements are personal opinions, and in no way reflect those of my agency.

Comment

I don't get what the heck this is, can someone explain to me what I'm seeing and what is different in this video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztspr...eature=related

Comment

Originally posted by Taylor13 View Post
          I don't get what the heck this is, can someone explain to me what I'm seeing and what is different in this video?

Same thing, different video.

Comment

It's a way to make a semi-auto rifle fire at a rate similar to a full auto.

Comment

I got that, but I don't understand just how this works...

Comment

I got that, but I don't understand just how this works...
                Basically you keep your trigger finger held in a steady position. Then you use the recoil of the firearm to press the trigger against your finger. Since the recoil is automatic and much more rapid than pulling the trigger manually, this simulates fully automatic fire. The recoil from each shot causes the trigger to press against your finger again, firing the next shot.

That's how they get around the ATF and it is not grey area at all (although I can still see the ATF changing their minds due to the "intent" of the law). Each trigger pull is still firing a single shot.

It looks jankety to me. Looks like it rattles, looks like it's a lot of plastic, etc. I like my stuff to feel like it's heavy-duty.

Comment

Oooh okay, that's pretty cool. Thanks for the info.

Comment

It's a range toy.

If you can bump, you don't need this part.
                    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell
                    8541tactical.com - Ammo Wallets

Comment

For the price they are asking for the stock, I'll just take a rifle class and learn to use a rifle effectively, and have more fun.

Pass.

Comment

I remember another device that did a similar thing (it was also a stock), and it was later deemed to be a "machine gun" by the BATFE. Let's just say I wouldn't invest in this company.
                        J. Wise

AR-15 - AK-47 - NFA Trusts - My Pick - Carry Guns - 1911s

"Some say you can tell how the world stands by the prices of AK-47s...." Chit2001

Any comments contained herein regarding the legality of firearms, or the application of law, are strictly applicable to Texas. If you live in CA, NY, IL, MA, D.C., etc., the above comments will probably shock you, and should be read for educational purposes only. Most likely nothing I write will apply to you.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Blackdog F4i View Post
                          It's a range toy.

If you can bump, you don't need this part.
                          I thought "bump firing" was for yokels who take their beater .22's out and pop the empty beer bottles for shooting fun???!!! I thought you tore up the gun doing silly stuff like this?? Does our military even fire full AUTO weapons other squad support weapons? I dunno, butr currently building a CA "legal" AR, and as much as this costs( looking at about $1,100.00 for everything I want for it), I'm NOT gonna beat it up, "just to have fun".

Looking at the video and recoil, I doubt if they are hitting much accurately, and these "backyard gunsmiths" probably didn't show the misfeeds/jams.........
                          "we're americans ! We don't quit because we're wrong, we just keep doing it wrong UNTIL it turns out Right"...

Comment

I suspect 15 minutes after the autoloading firearm was manuf. some guy made a device to pump the trigger.

There was one for a 10-22 a few years ago that worked the same, the firearm floats in stock and is free to oscillate to and fro. On that design pull the trigger against the finger stop the gun would fire, recoil would send the firearm backwards off the finger and a spring would push the firearm back forwards against the awaiting finger resting on the stop causing the gun to fire again simulation rapid fire. That turned into a boondoggle when the BATFE determined the return spring to be an unregistered machinegun conversion device, causing the manuf. of the stock to contact his customer data base and show proof they destroyed or turned the spring over to the BATFE. Of course the manuf. of the device no longer had a marketable product.

This device works the same in that the AR15 floats in the stock free to move to and fro, but rather than having a spring to return the firearm forward pressing the trigger up against the finger waiting on the finger rest it uses the forward muscle pressure of the shooter's forearm to pull the gun back forward. So BATFE using the same criteria as last time to regulate this device would have to rule that a man's forearm muscle is an unregistered Machinegun. So for the time being they remain unregulated. It would also take some practice because if one pulls too have on the forend the recoil would not have the force needed to pull it back, if one pulls too lightly then there would not be enough forward pull to press the trigger against the awaiting finger. So there you go that is my story and I am sticking to it.

Comment

If you watch the video linked second you will see the rifle not stay on target well at all, and rounds had to be going over the berm, do to the needed sloppy hold on the forend. If this was a real weapon, then the forend would cause the rifle tension to create stability against the shooter and round would be on target.

I rate this a 9.5 on the GOOBERIFFIC scale.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7060 users online. 358 members and 6702 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X