300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bond Arms Derringers?

Looking at some of their little derringers, and the bigger ones look cool too. Anyone have these?

No, I've never tried a Derringer style pistol that I would use for anything other than a conversation peice. In addition to all the obvious limitations, the triggers usually suck.
    I miss you, Dave.
    http://www.odmp.org/officer/20669-of...david-s.-moore

Comment

I'd probably stick it on as a pocket gun later in life if I couldn't access my normal conceal carry gun... and maybe for some fun at the range y'know?

Comment

A four or five hundred dollar two shot pistol?

I'll take any Glock 22 or 27 for the same price.
        This show is awesome, wrapped in supercool and smothered in bitchin. The only way it could be cooler is if he was riding a unicorn or something.

M-11

Comment

Derringer is a great gun if you want something to put in your purse for a night out on the town.
          This is for all you parents that like to put your kids names on the back of your mini-vans.

STOP IT! There are predators that will use that information against them!

Comment

The 45LC/410 guns are significant if you use the .410 buckshot loads made for the guns that engage the rifling and don't spin away in a shot cup.

Comment

I don't trust .410 buckshot from a 2 inch barrel to be able to stop anything.

Only time I would carry a derringer is as backup to something. And as someone else pointed out, there are better options for that.

Comment

442 Smith & Wesson makes a better back up IMO.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgxuAUajH8w

Comment

.410 out of a derringer..... did somebody get challenged to a duel?

Comment

I bought a .38 Davis derringer several years ago for @$100 from a gun store. kinda cool, never used it a for a backup or anything
                      cool lttle gun
                      "I don't go on "I'maworthlesscumdumpster.com" and post negative **** about cum dumpsters."
                      The Tick

"Are you referring to the secret headquarters of a fictional crime fighter or penal complex slang for a-$$hole, anus or rectum?"
                      sanitizer

"and we all know you are a poser and a p*ssy.... "
                      Bearcat357 to Dinner Portion/buck8/long relief

Comment

I was reading up on the High Standard derringers...they of any of them make the most sense because they are actually small, and you can fire two shots without having to cock the gun. They were actually issued back in the day as a backup by some State LE agency.

Many of the other offerings are larger/heavier than a small semi auto, only offer two shots, each of them requiring cocking a hammer first, and they typically are not nearly as nicely mfg as say a NAA mini revolver.
                        Just pay your dues, and be quiet :-)

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3198 users online. 156 members and 3042 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X