300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sniper School Info

Wanted to post this where I know most of my fellow shooters lurk. I'm about to attend a 5-day sniper school here in Indiana and was basically trying to find out what all is in store for me as far as a basic sniper course goes. Any info will be greatly appreciated. Our department already has a Remington 700 SPS Tactical that a former SWAT team member had assigned to him which I will be taking over. I've read a lot of info on the 'net about basic courses, and I'm sure courses differ state to state, just looking for a heads up from guys who have been through a course. Thanks in advance!
    Why are there so many babies on O.com? Creole, you and your buddy JPSO Recruit help me out on this one....

* "Preach always, if necessary, use words!" St Francis of Assisi

* Luke Chapter 6, Verses 27-36

Get with Surf..... He's the man when it comes to sniper stuff.....

Here's a recent thread......

http://forums.officer.com/forums/sho...ghlight=sniper
    Last edited by Bearcat357; 03-30-2011, 06:38 PM.

Comment

I responded to your PM.

I have been through the ILEA Basic Observer/Sniper course as well as the Advanced course.
      "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell
      8541tactical.com - Ammo Wallets

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat357 View Post
        Get with Surf..... He's the man when it comes to sniper stuff.....

Here's a recent thread......

http://forums.officer.com/forums/sho...ghlight=sniper
        Thanks BC, I didn't eve see that thread or I wouldn't have started a new one.
        Why are there so many babies on O.com? Creole, you and your buddy JPSO Recruit help me out on this one....

Comment

Originally posted by Blackdog F4i View Post
          I responded to your PM.

I have been through the ILEA Basic Observer/Sniper course as well as the Advanced course.
          Thanks Marine. I wasn't sure if you got my PM or not so I didn't want to bug you with another! Info was much appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by towncop View Post
            Thanks BC, I didn't eve see that thread or I wouldn't have started a new one.
            Situational awareness you Jarheads don't have sometimes....

Comment

Situational awareness you Jarheads don't have sometimes....

Don't you have a beer to drink and some sunsets to be taking pictures of and putting on Facebook?

Comment

^^hahahaha
                "I don't go on "I'maworthlesscumdumpster.com" and post negative **** about cum dumpsters."
                The Tick

"Are you referring to the secret headquarters of a fictional crime fighter or penal complex slang for a-$$hole, anus or rectum?"
                sanitizer

"and we all know you are a poser and a p*ssy.... "
                Bearcat357 to Dinner Portion/buck8/long relief

Comment

Originally posted by towncop View Post
                  Don't you have a beer to drink and some sunsets to be taking pictures of and putting on Facebook?
                  I do now.........I was at work when I mouthed.....

I love this 7-3 crap......... Got lots of time to drink and pass out...... Plus, I am taking the next 3 Fridays off...... WooT-WooT...3 day weekends...!

Comment

Towncop,

I'll be attending NYS DCJS approved Basic Sniper School this year and so far, I've received excellent information from quite few members of O.com.
                    So far, I got great info from Blackdog and based on his suggestions, I was able to get my stuff together, got out to the range and tested out few brands of ammo.

I've been told that having range finder (if you are not familiar with or not using Mil Dot) and a good spotting scope can help you quite a bit during the course.

Good luck with your course and let us know how it goes!

Comment

I do now.........I was at work when I mouthed.....

I love this 7-3 crap......... Got lots of time to drink and pass out...... Plus, I am taking the next 3 Fridays off...... WooT-WooT...3 day weekends...!
                      Man, you are killing me bro! NY is expected to be hit with a snow/rain storm starting tomorrow evening into Friday. Go have a drink for me.

BTW, trip to Maui was great, but didn't have enough time to get to the main Island to give you a visit. I hope all things are well with you.

Comment

A rangefinder isn't needed for the ILEA Basic Course and you will not be allowed to use it until after you have done the range estimation stage. You will also not be allowed to use anything other than you riflescope on the rangefinding practical. My partner only had a fine target reticle on his rifle and I had to argue to get them to let him use my spotting scope (with reticle) to complete the exercise.
                        "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell
                        8541tactical.com - Ammo Wallets

Comment

Originally posted by M1garand View Post
                          Man, you are killing me bro! NY is expected to be hit with a snow/rain storm starting tomorrow evening into Friday. Go have a drink for me.

BTW, trip to Maui was great, but didn't have enough time to get to the main Island to give you a visit. I hope all things are well with you.
                          It's 82 and sunny......with a nice 15-20 MPH breeze going .....

I am heading to my drinking hole in about 20 mins to hit happy hour....and have already cracked a Miller Lite can to get started.....

All is well here. My balls aren't glowing from Japan radiation blowing here just yet....so life is good.....

Comment

All is well here. My balls aren't glowing from Japan radiation blowing here just yet....so life is good.....
                            Well, give it some time and you'll be shooting out 3 tailed glow in the dark swimmers

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3219 users online. 184 members and 3035 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X