Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

.22 Target/Plinking Pistol Recommendations?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• .22 Target/Plinking Pistol Recommendations?

Have recently decided to start looking into purchasing a .22 pistol for target/plinking/practice. Was hoping some members could point me in the right direction. Already have looked at the Smith and Wesson models as well as the Rugers, just curious on others thoughts/first hand experiences.

You can't go wrong with a Ruger Single Six.
    I am concerned for the security of our great Nation; not so much because of any threat from without, but because of the insidious forces working from within.

Douglas MacArthur

Comment

My brother has a Ruger MK III that is a lot of fun to shoot.

Comment

Ruger 22/45, Ruger MK series, Browning Buckmark (which I used to shoot competition with) and S&W/Tauraus .22 revolvers are good choices.

S&W .22 autoloaders that I encountered, shot very well, but few people I used to shoot with had issues (fractured frames, feeding/ejecting issues). This was about 10 years ago, so I can't say how their qualities are now. To S&W's credit, they did the right thing by their customers by either fixing or replacing guns with issue.

Comment

If you have a Glock, then you can use it. They make a .22 barrel and slide that interchanges with your Glock......

Well maybe not, lol. I thought they did but ive looked and now i cant find that information.
          Last edited by Mud_Pig; 03-23-2011, 04:37 PM.

Comment

Ruger in one way or another. I've got an old Ruger Standard (pre Mark series) but basically the same thing- great gun. I've got a Ruer Bearcat- great gun. I've been wanting a mark III hunter for a while- that would be a squirrel slaying SOG. And been wanting a Ruger Single Six, cause I'm giving the Bearcat to the kid in a year or two. IMO Ruger all the way.

Kansas
            I trust my life with J. M. Browning's design, the 1911.

Comment

Browning Buckmark is an excellent gun for plinking. I have an Advantage Arms conversion for my Glock 26, but it is pickier about the ammo than the Browning. S&W 41 is also excellent, but very expensive IMHO.
              Ut humiliter opinor

Comment

I couldn't agree more about the 41...with some of the other options out there i don't think i could rationalize spending over 1k on a firearm that wont see competition...so far i am leaning more towards the MKIII

Comment

Tactical Solutions makes a 22 lr Glock conversion http://www.tacticalsol.com/

Comment

There it is, thanks Michael John. I knew i saw it somewhere just couldnt remember where.

Comment

Ruger MK ??? is a sweet ride. My brother purchased one couple years back and I haven't given it back yet. Hopefully he won't remember I have it by the time he goes looking for it.
                      This is for all you parents that like to put your kids names on the back of your mini-vans.

STOP IT! There are predators that will use that information against them!

Comment

Having gotten a GSG 1911 22 I now have a favorite 22lr

Comment

The walther P22. I have shot at leastttttttttt 5000 rounds with maybe about 10 shooting problems with it while shooting an old box of Walmart blue package .22 ammo, and that was due to to non-firing ammo(tried with another .l22 with negative results with ammo as well).

Awsome gun with many additions available, such as suppressors, interchangable grips, and other attachments. You can also buy it in the standard 3.4" barrel(i have that) or the compensated 5" barrel. If you look in the first pic, you can see there is a small circle right above the trigger, that is a special key lock, its simple but effective secondary lock if you have small kids in the house.

Last edited by NYCTNT; 03-24-2011, 11:31 AM.
                          Captain Square Badge, reporting for duty!.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3272 users online. 202 members and 3070 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X