Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ruger P95, good gun, why no duty rigs?

One thing that has driven me nuts over several years is, while Ruger is a great gun, no one offers a duty/level 3/serpa holster for them?

I have a DeSantis paddle holster for my P95, which is actually formed to fit a P90, but it works, and a Triple K offset shoulder rig in tan leather. I haven't had a single FTF/FTE operational problem with it since I bought it in 2001, so as a duty weapon it should be a good thing, but it appears no one wants to offer retention holsters for it, unless I'm missing some muy importante stuff no one has told me about...
    "Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left..."
    "I swear to God, I'm gonna pistol whip the next guy who says 'Shenanigans' !"

Well I found several duty rigs, just none of the more popular models.

Safariland models:
    200, 295 & 2955

Uncle Mikes models:
    Pro 3 & Standard retention

Strong Holster models:
    Leather H080, H081, H090 & h091
    Nylon N082, N083, N092 & N093

Bianchi models:
    Nylon Accumold Vanguard & Cruiser
    Last edited by fyrdog; 03-19-2011, 08:55 AM.
    Forti Fors Bona

Comment

Not sure if you meant uniform carry duty rig, but if for plainclothes carry the Uncle Mike's Kydex single-retention paddle holster is pretty good. They discontinued the thumb-snap version, but the paddle version comes with a belt attachment, too, and is a fairly durable & comfortable holster. I think it is their size 16, and you can get it from Midawy whooter's supply for around $20.00.

I have also used a Bianchi 3S IWB made for my SIG 229 duty gun to carry my Ruger from time to time. Not made for it but it does work.
      The opinions expressed here are from the individual only and do not represent the view of any agency that the poster may be affiliated with

Comment

I agree with you on the P-95, I've had one for many years and shot competition with it, but when my son introduced me to Glock I never looked back. My G19 fully loaded weighs less than the P-95 empty. I did find a nice Yaqai type holster from Don Hume called the "Jit Slide", and for $23 it's a great concealment holster.

Retired Lawdawg & Proud IMPD Papa!

"Justice is the one thing you should always find"
        Toby Keith

Comment

Hate to be the nay sayer but in my opinion the only good handguns that ruger produces are their revolvers. I dont care for the p95 or any of the other autos in that series. A bit off topic but why the ruger auto. If its money id recommend several other brands that are affordable before id go with the ruger. Quite honestly i think thats prob why you dont see an abundance of duty gear for the gun. You dont see to many depts or officers carrying those. Gary Pd carried them for a while some years back and had nothing but trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by paul190 View Post
            Hate to be the nay sayer but in my opinion the only good handguns that ruger produces are their revolvers. I dont care for the p95 or any of the other autos in that series. A bit off topic but why the ruger auto. If its money id recommend several other brands that are affordable before id go with the ruger. Quite honestly i think thats prob why you dont see an abundance of duty gear for the gun. You dont see to many depts or officers carrying those. Gary Pd carried them for a while some years back and had nothing but trouble.
            I did find a couple of problems while carrying the P-95. I found that when I used an IWB or tight fitting pancake holster, it would sometimes engage the magazine release button and partially eject the magazine, and I also found the same problem with the de-cocking lever using an IWB. These are bad scenarios for a duty carry weapon, but then again it was never really marketed as such.

Retired Lawdawg & Proud IMPD Papa!

"Justice is the one thing you should always find"
            Toby Keith

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5711 users online. 335 members and 5376 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X