300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Off Duty Carry with Summer Clothes

Now that it is getting closer to summer I have a question for everyone. I hate in the waistband holsters..always have. Very uncomfortable and in my point of view hard to draw and even harder to holster.

Off duty I carry either a Glock 26 or 17. I prefer wearing a regular admin holster, I tried the serpa holsters but saw too many videos of people breaking them on Youtube.

So my question is, are their any types of outside the pant holsters out there that can conceal a glock while wearing a regular fitting shirt?

I wear my G-26, either in an Aker Flatsider holster, or an ankle holster.
    Steve

Comment

My personal policy in off-duty carry: Dress for success-DRESS around your gun. Not, I wear running shorts and tight tank tops and flip flops so what holster will work best? I rock the 5" 1911 so what I wear goes to conceal that gun.

Kansas
      I trust my life with J. M. Browning's design, the 1911.

Comment

I wear a regular holster with a t-shirt and a fishing vest. They're all the rage here and they have lots of places to carry things like sunglasses and cell phones.
        "Son, you are a walkin' violation of the laws of nature...But we don't enforce them laws."

I am just a country boy tryin' to make some sense
        But I'd like to ask the Congress, I'd like to ask the President
        "Can ya tell me where all the money went?"
        We might not be broke but we're badly bent!

The Tractors -- "Badly Bent" from the album Owner's Manual

"Common sense. So rare, it should be a super power." Exodus 259

Comment

What kind of IWB holsters do you find uncomfortable? Some are more comfortable than OWB holsters.
          I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

SuperTuck/kingtuck holsters are supposed to be very comfortable. If you choose to go with IWB holster, make sure you get pants that are at least 1 inch wider than your normal size as well.

You can also go with smaller gun and do a pocket carry as well.
            Last edited by M1garand; 03-19-2011, 09:04 AM.

Comment

It's all about your body shape and how you dress.

I use Desantis IWB holsters for my G26 and my Commander. The Commander is my normal off-duty carry and it conceals well with a slightly loose T-shirt. I also have a nice selection of short sleeve button up shirts. They are light and loose and because my waist is quite a bit narrower than my chest I can carry without printing.

This summer I may switch over to a Maxpedition type bag.
              "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell
              8541tactical.com - Ammo Wallets

Comment

Originally posted by M1garand View Post
                SuperTuck/kingtuck holsters are supposed to be very comfortable. If you choose to go with IWB holster, make sure you get pants that are at least 1 inch wider than your normal size as well.

+1 Crossbreed makes an amazing IWB holster, i forget i"m wearing it most times and easily conceals compact Glock's wearing just a t-shirt....If you're set on OWB take a look at Bianchi they make some really nice pancake type holsters that print very little
                In Valor there is hope

Comment

Smartcarry concealment holster works well with summer clothes
                  If your going to be a Bear you might as well be a GRIZZLY

Looking for Guidance feel free to assist me in my search............

Comment

Originally posted by M1garand View Post

Originally posted by Blackdog F4i View Post
                    It's all about your body shape and how you dress.

I use Desantis IWB holsters for my G26 and my Commander. The Commander is my normal off-duty carry and it conceals well with a slightly loose T-shirt. I also have a nice selection of short sleeve button up shirts. They are light and loose and because my waist is quite a bit narrower than my chest I can carry without printing.

This summer I may switch over to a Maxpedition type bag.
                    I've used CrossBreed Super Tuck for 3 years now with either my Taurus PT111 or my Glock17. The last one I got has not been as comfortable as the previous one, so I figure to look into something else.

Blackdog, I don't see how you keep from printing. T-Shirt tucked in all nice and neat and you call that slightly loose. I look like an unkempt wild pig next to folks like you.
                    Last edited by zeplin; 03-20-2011, 05:43 AM.
                    sigpic

"Po Po coming through!" all rights reserved DJS

'Do we really need 'smart bombs' to drop on these dumb bastards?'

http://www.snipercompany.com/

M16/AR15/M4 Armorer

Comment

I use a Comp-Tac Minotaur holster for my Glock 23 and absolutely love it. I have been known to fall asleep on the couch at home with it on because I don't even feel it there. I know you said you don't lime IWB holsters, but this one is way more comfortable than any other holster I have used. And they send a pack of smarties with your order.

Comment

Originally posted by major g View Post
                        I use a Comp-Tac Minotaur holster for my Glock 23 and absolutely love it. I have been known to fall asleep on the couch at home with it on because I don't even feel it there. I know you said you don't lime IWB holsters, but this one is way more comfortable than any other holster I have used. And they send a pack of smarties with your order.
                        +1
                        I got the minotaur after the C-TAC hid my USP compact .45 so well, and the minotaur is more comfortable. Great customer service too.
                        I had a Galco Summer Comfort with a thumb break, but it was really bulky and moved around. The Minotaur is solid and stays put. Sometimes I'll use a Galco Belly Band if I'm wearing sweatpants or something like that.

Comment

Originally posted by major g View Post
                          I use a Comp-Tac MinotaurI have been known to fall asleep on the couch at home with it on because I don't even feel it there. I know you said you don't lime IWB holsters, but this one is way more comfortable than any other holster I have used. And they send a pack of smarties with your order.
                          I used to fall asleep with mine on too and be sleeping on the gun. I think by doing that as much as I did I might have sensitised the area where the holster is against my hip.

What are smarties?
                          sigpic

"Po Po coming through!" all rights reserved DJS

'Do we really need 'smart bombs' to drop on these dumb bastards?'

http://www.snipercompany.com/

M16/AR15/M4 Armorer

Comment

As usual, you've already gotten some good advice. I'll add my favorable opinion on the Crossbreed Supertuck, one of the most comfortable IWB's on the market, but that wasn't your question. I've found that a high rise pancake holster is the best concealing holster for me, but your choice of shirts and size is also equally important, you can pay $50 for the 5-11 type brands or go to Sam's/Costco and pay $15 for the light fabric fishing shirts. You also might consider (depending on your threat scenario) carrying a pocket gun like a Ruger LCP or a Kahr PM-9. I own and have carried both in a front pocket with a desantis non printing pocket holster. Good luck and be sure to let us know what you end up getting.

Retired Lawdawg & Proud IMPD Papa!

"Justice is the one thing you should always find"
                            Toby Keith

Comment

Thanks everyone for the great advice. I will be looking into some of the OWB holsters listed. I am not the kind of guy who walks around in a fishing vest but might have to try it. I have been carrying for years but finally feel that the IWB is too uncomfortable and not the best for drawing and re-holstering. 502 do you have any links for the pocket holsters?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2973 users online. 147 members and 2826 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X