300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RCBS Chargemaster Dispenser Combo

Since Natchez SS had a smoking deal on the RCBS Chargemaster Dispenser Combo, and RCBS is doing a $50 rebate, that was the last thing I needed to push me over the edge.

The dispenser came in yesterday, but I didn't get a chance to set it up until tonight.

The manual was straightforward and I got it warmed up, calibrated, and loaded with powder. I am going to load some 168's with IMR 4064 tomorrow so that is what I poured in to test tonight.

Setting the charge in memory was a bit fiddly, but I got it worked out. I zeroed the pan and hit "dispense". I didn't time it, but the charge trickled out pretty quickly. When it went into fine trickle it crept up onto the 43.0gr charge weight and stopped dead on the nose.

I kicked the dispenser into "auto" mode and it set off on the next charge. This I weighed on a Rangemaster 750 scale after the Chargemaster indicated that it was correct. The Rangemaster agreed. As soon as I dumped the charge back into the hopper and set the pan back on the scale it fired out another charge. I checked the next nine charges. They were all dead on the money.

This isn't much of a review, but I am happy to see that the unit worked out of the box with no reprogramming or soda straws needed. I will see if this holds true with RE15, Varget, etc.

Emptying the unit was fast and pretty simple.

I can't exactly give it a resounding review with only ten charges thrown, but I definitely am not regretting the purchase. It looks like this thing is going to greatly speed up my loading time. Switching charge weights (for workups) should be a snap too.
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell
    8541tactical.com - Ammo Wallets

I've seen videos of this thing and its really fast. Looks like an excellent addition to any setup.

Comment

I just loaded a workup for Hornady's new 178gr BTHP.

The Chargemaster made it Soooo much easier. I just punched in the charge weight and hit a button. No fiddling around with the micrometer on the old thrower, then having to trickle more than a grain, or use the old tablespoon.

I have noticed that it's tolerance is about +/- 0.1gr. I did reprogram it today for a little more speed, but that also resulted in a few more overthrows.

I think when I get a little more time I am going to throw a set and trickle to the exact weight, then run another set with the chargemaster and no correction and see if there is any difference on paper.
      "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

Comment

Keep us updated. I've been thinking of buying one, just hard to part with the $$... But my old method (throwing approx .2 under and trickling up) can take up some valuable time
        Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.
        --Winston Churchill--

"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

Comment

I seriously need to get me one of these.
          "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."
          -John Adams

Disclaimer: My statements are personal opinions, and in no way reflect those of my agency.

Comment

If I get some time in the next couple days, I will do a video of it.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6470 users online. 345 members and 6125 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X