300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Precision Rifles: show and tell

Every other site has one and I hate to have to look through xxx pages in the other thread to find them. Post a pic and tell us about it.

AI AW 2.0 mike rock 20" threaded barrel AI mount holding down an NXS npr2 8-32

Here's a five shot group at 100 after I bounced it off the recoil pad 5 times from about 4.5 feet. This is the gun I don't clean and love to abuse.

Remington 700 LTR in .308 win. It is topped by a Nikon Buckmaster 4.5-14X set in Leupold rings. It is accurate enough with Winchester 168gr Ballistic Tips to stack 7 rounds under 3/4" at 100yds.

J. Wise

AR-15 - AK-47 - NFA Trusts - My Pick - Carry Guns - 1911s

"Some say you can tell how the world stands by the prices of AK-47s...." Chit2001

Any comments contained herein regarding the legality of firearms, or the application of law, are strictly applicable to Texas. If you live in CA, NY, IL, MA, D.C., etc., the above comments will probably shock you, and should be read for educational purposes only. Most likely nothing I write will apply to you.

sigpic

Comment

I'll play!!!

My .223 "sniper" rifle; Savage 12FV with a Mueller 4-16x 50mm AO/IR scope and a B&C Duramaxx stock. I've recently swapped out the factory bolt handle for a tactical handle from Sharp Shooter Supply.

Working on a 75gr load; 75gr Hornady BTHP over H-335, fired at 100 yards.

My 55gr Vmax load, also over H-335 and fired at 100 yards.
      Steve

Comment

AI AE MK I
        GAP barreled with a 24" mike rock
        Converted to 1.5
        Badger M40 rings
        Ziess diavari 6-24x56
        USO bubble letter

Trust me it shoots as good as the other. And for reference the circle above is a trace of a dime.

Comment

And here she is against a .22 trainer I had built to go along side her.
          40x barreled action
          1.5 AICS
          Badger base and rings
          Ziess conquest 6-24x50

Comment

40XCR, 6-284. Macmillon A2, Leo 6.5x20x40 scope. Hart 1-8 twist barrel. Will fire a 75 grain bullet 3750, an 87 grain bullet 3200, or a 105 grain bullet 3100. The barrel is a bit long in the tooth...has probably around 1000 rounds through it...mostly 75 grain vmax, they make one hell of a WACK when they hit a woodchuck :-)

No saved groups but it has shot under .3 a smidge, and it is solidly under 1/2 moa from the bipod, with dead consistant POI day in day out, year in year out.

Here is the round next to a standard 22-250. That one is loaded with a Speer 105 grain boat tail, loaded those for Whitetail Deer hunting trip in the UP of MI that did not work out.
            Last edited by willbird; 03-24-2011, 08:23 AM.
            Just pay your dues, and be quiet :-)

Comment

Did somebody say "precision"?

Not exactly the same class as the rest, but it's pretty much stupid-accurate.
              Lt. Col. Grace - "Lt. Murphey, why are you all dressed up to mack on the ladies?"
              Me - "Sir, you just answered your own question."

Comment

Totally different class than the others, but you didnt say it had to be a heavy barrel rifle.

Mini 14 .223

Comment

Regarding that Mini...does the Accu-Strut really make a big difference?
                  Lt. Col. Grace - "Lt. Murphey, why are you all dressed up to mack on the ladies?"
                  Me - "Sir, you just answered your own question."

Comment

The Thousandth Man

Comment

Originally posted by Murf425 View Post
                      Regarding that Mini...does the Accu-Strut really make a big difference?
                      Yes. We could tell a big difference as far as accuracy. Even after a couple hundred rounds we were still hitting in a 3-4 inch group. That was while dialing in the scope.

Comment

AI AE MkII (pre-Atlas)

AI AE MkII (post-Atlas)

Old M700:

New 700 SPS AAC-SD "Build" rifle:

and the bastard stepchild rifle....the AR10 that is currently undergoing some rework:

I am sure I have some more around here. I just can't remember where right now.
                        "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell
                        8541tactical.com - Ammo Wallets

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3866 users online. 251 members and 3615 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X