300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glock 22 Gen4 Extended Mag Release

Who sells them? The ones i've seen state they are not compatable with the Gen4.
    "Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called Sons of God - Matthew 5:9

Out of curiosity why do you believe you need one? The reason I ask is, the folks (our Glock armorer) I have spoken with say not to swap out the release with anything other than the stock factory version.
    This is for all you parents that like to put your kids names on the back of your mini-vans.

STOP IT! There are predators that will use that information against them!

Comment

I have short tumbs and I have to alter my grip and cant my gun to the side to release the mag.
      "Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called Sons of God - Matthew 5:9

Comment

the gen3 release will work fine, the only different between the 3 and 4 is the recoil spring, texture, and backstraps....all internal components are the same as well as the release, i agree with ummone though you should really avoid swapping out factory parts, just askin for trouble
        In Valor there is hope

Comment

The Gen4 release is different. It is also larger but not pronounced and does not stick out from the magwell like a Gen3 extended. I have medium to small sized hands and cannot reach the mag release on a Gen3 without rolling the weapon. On a Gen4 with no added backstrap, I can reach the release without rolling my grip.
          The comments made herein are those solely of author and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency or other entity.

Surfs Up on youtube!

Specialized Services Group on Facebook!

Comment

Understood...not being familiar with you or your level of training, my suggestion would be to practice mag drops until you work out the bugs. Pulling the weapon off target is not a problem UNTIL your so far off target that simple sight alignments cannot bring you back on target. If that is the case then you may be forced to apply an extended mag release to your weapon.

I am a firm believer that speed isn't the single deciding factor in a gun battle. If you have to manipulate the weapon to release the mag then so be it. Just train, train, and train some more until your proficient with a maneuver you are comfortable with to achieve the goal. Repetition will be a savior when it comes to any issue handling a firearm.

Good luck
            Last edited by ummone; 03-15-2011, 02:31 AM.
            This is for all you parents that like to put your kids names on the back of your mini-vans.

STOP IT! There are predators that will use that information against them!

Comment

The comments made herein are those solely of author and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency or other entity.

Surfs Up on youtube!

Specialized Services Group on Facebook!

Comment

Why not just hit the release with your supporting hand? Say if you are right handed, as soon as the last round is fired, hit the release with your left thumb as you're going down to get another mag. Your left thumb is right there at the release.

Comment

Gen 4 release is not the same as other Gen Glock mag releases as it was designed to be installed either left or right handed versions.

I'd stick with the factory Glock parts and if you have a certified Glock armorer at your department, I strongly recommend that you contact him/her and see if he/she can source one and install it for you.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4198 users online. 263 members and 3935 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X