300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good call.

If you can afford, and are permitted a supressor, that blaster would be perfect.

Originally posted by Resq14 View Post
    Once they come back in stock, I'm going with a 12.5" Bravo Company for patrol use.

For real this time. haha
    http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-S...2%20vtrx11.htm

Comment

11.5" Select fire M16A1 for me as my first one. I later went to a SOCOM 14.5" SBR's are IMO the almost perfect patrol rifle. Easy to deploy form the vehicle and handy clearing rooms ect. Our policy is you get issued a M16A1 in stock GI form. It can only worked on and modified by the agency armorer on (Me) Any modification must be approved by the armorer and must be on the officers dime. I retain all the stock parts as per government requirements in case they have to be turned back over to uncle sam.

On the subject of SBR's it blows my mind that a SBR is subject to the 1934 firearms act. Suppressors to IMO. I am thinking real hard on a Micro suppressor. They make good sense to me. The suppressor is not a assassins tool like Hollywood wants us to believe. Interesting enough the suppressor was added to the 1934 firearms act at the urging of the department of interior out of fear of poachers on federal land!!!
      Last edited by j706; 03-18-2011, 01:26 AM.
      "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms. . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by SRT936 View Post
        Here's my issued rifle:

I love it.
        SRT, there is a scratch on that weapon....I'm gonna need you to send it me and procure another one from your armory.
        This is for all you parents that like to put your kids names on the back of your mini-vans.

STOP IT! There are predators that will use that information against them!

Comment

Originally posted by ArmyDiver View Post
          I have been given the go-ahead to build/buy a short barreled M-4. I understand I'll have to pay the $200 for the tax stamp since I'm buying it personally. The catch is, I can only spend the cash if I can use it for patrol. Obviously, this will vary by agency policy but I'm wondering, does your agency allow you to carry a SBR for patrol if you qualify on it?

To take it a bit further would something along the lines of THIS be allowed? Yes, it's a bit over the top but if I can use it for patrol, then I can justify spending the money on it.

Does your agency provide patrol rifles or do you have to buy them yourself? Are you allowed to personalize them or are they required to be uniform? I have lots of furniture and other parts left from my weapons I used in the Army and have been itching to build a personal M-4. Just curious if it's a possibility. I'll likely build one anyhow, it'll just be easier getting the go ahead from the old lady if she thinks I'm using it for work. The "I'm preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse" excuse isn't cutting it.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks.
          i wouldnt go buying a rifle until you get hired and pass FTO/probation. some agencies (like mine) will allow you to buy your own instead of using the department's. most departments have specific policies regarding how patrol rifles shall be constructed and what they will (and will not) be outfitted with. some even have policies that go as far as to name which brands are acceptable. another thing, not all agencies automatically let you carry a rifle on patrol. an example would be where i work....officers must demonstrate certain qualities to be selected for the patrol rifle team by a captain....the selection process might take place every couple years...things to think about

Comment

Now available with 100rnds of win.

http://www.surefire.com/MAG5-100

Comment

Originally posted by ummone View Post
              SRT, there is a scratch on that weapon....I'm gonna need you to send it me and procure another one from your armory.
              That rifle has seen a lot of use over the years. The scratches on the top of the mag well we're from a contested boarding drill on lake freighter. Nothing like climbing a Jacob's ladder up the side of a 1000' freighter chugging along at 12 knots. You should have seen the scratches and bruises it left on me.

I'm not sure if you can see it on the pic, but there's some scuffs on the flash suppressor as well from the punching the rifle through a window to cover a guy reaching for an axe just as the entry team was about to hit the door.

I kind of look at those scratches and dings like little badges of honor.
              Originally posted by kontemplerande
              Without Germany, you would not have won World War 2.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael2007 View Post
                I know you said you weren't particularly interested in the Spike's Tactical rifle that you linked too. But just for your information that Rifle would require two tax stamps, one for the Suppressor and one for the SBR. So you would be looking at $400 in Tax Stamps
                If you are paying $2600 for the rifle + $200 for the SBR tax stamp, what is another $200 for the suppressor tax stamp?

Comment

PLUS nearly another $1k for a decent RDS, light, sling, and mounts, and miscellaneous extras.

$4k setup easy.

All Gave Some - Some Gave All

Comment

Originally posted by Resq14 View Post
                    PLUS nearly another $1k for a decent RDS, light, sling, and mounts, and miscellaneous extras.

$4k setup easy.

If ya gon' do it... do it big, cuz. Knawsayin?
                    Eat Meat, Build Mass!

www.centralfloridaammo.com

Comment

Originally posted by SRT936 View Post

I kind of look at those scratches and dings like little badges of honor.
                      My first team issued weapon was an MP5A2. My first real training with it was with some Israeli special forces guys from HSS International. My first scratch was when the instructor tripped me blasting through a door. That was also the first time I shed a tear over a weapon.
                      This is for all you parents that like to put your kids names on the back of your mini-vans.

STOP IT! There are predators that will use that information against them!

Comment

Originally posted by Hitthegym View Post
                        If ya gon' do it... do it big, cuz. Knawsayin?
                        That's pretty much the thought process for this one... Why buy the mustang when you can have the Ferrari? In all honesty though, I'll likely piece something together myself. I still have a good portion of the stuff I'll use from my weapons I used in Afghanistan/Iraq. It'll take a bit, but I'm hoping to have it all together by the end of the year. If I can't use it for patrol, it'll still be a fun blaster. I just need the "I'm using it for work" excuse to get the funds released from the "bank"
                        I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's.
                        - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by David Hineline View Post
                          Now available with 100rnds of win.

http://www.surefire.com/MAG5-100
                          Too long and impractical for patrol. Maybe perimeter work, but it looks like it weighs a ton.

Comment

NOTE: Restricted Shipping
                            Due to potential conflict with state and local laws, we do not ship high-capacity magazines to individual purchasers in the following states:
                            • California
                            • Colorado
                            • Hawaii
                            • Illinois
                            • Maryland
                            • Massachusetts
                            • New Jersey
                            • New York
                            There's a list of places I wont be moving to.

Mr. Army Diver do you really need a hi cap mag? The answer is yes, you do. Tell "tha bank" that it's necessary.
                            Last edited by Taylor13; 03-21-2011, 08:24 AM.

Comment

We only recently have started having guys use their own. We have a handful of surplus guns but those are taken up by swat and a few of those guys had to supply their own AR. A couple patrol guys have bought there own. Our current policy is, straight from the Chiefs mouth, "if you can qualify with it, you can tote it.". I don't think anyone has broached the subject of SBR's or suppressors. Personally I think suppressors should be standard issue on a patrol rifle. First time someone touches off a couple rounds and you have half a shift with hearing damage it's a little to late.

Comment

My department has two options for patrol rifles: department-issued and personally-owned. The department-issued rifles are older and most have fixed carry handles but they're better than nothing.

Rules for personally-owned rifles are spelled out in policy via an approved weapons list. Some of the rules are that it has to be a .223/5.56 AR-15 style rifle, has to be a "complete rifle" (no parts-built guns), cannot be full-auto unless officer is on SWAT, must be one of about half a dozen brands, etc. Before an officer can qualify with a personally-owned rifle, he must submit a memo to the chief with the rifle specs asking for approval to carry it.

The list of approved brands gets expanded every time someone submits a memo requesting permission to use a new brand. And the "complete rifle" thing may get changed soon because we all know that many upper receivers do not have brand markings anyway and it would be nice to have the ability to mate a quality upper with a quality lower, even if they weren't purchased together and/or aren't the same brand.

SBRs and suppressors are not addressed in the policy but I submitted a memo about a year ago to carry a personally-owned 10.5" SBR and it was approved without any issues. I don't know what would happen right now if someone tried to use a suppressor but I think it'd be a great idea and several of us are wanting to do it. Hopefully that topic will be broached soon.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4869 users online. 259 members and 4610 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X