Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WWII vet still making 1000 yard head shots.

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WWII vet still making 1000 yard head shots.

Head shots at 1000 yards. That has to be top of the line shooting by any standards. I couldn't hit a target at 1000 yards with a nuke. The great ones always show humility. Just awesome to watch.

- Will

Performance/Fitness Advice For the Tactical Community

www.OptimalSWAT.com

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

That was awesome!!

Comment

Originally posted by 2500hdrob
      That has always been on my bucket list, I see marksmanship as an art. Any joe blow can fire at 100 yards and eventually hit something, but when you consistently hit targets in the head, the length of 10 football fields, you're a bad ***. If I ever have the chance to get out on a range that big, I would like to see what I can work my 700 .308 up to.
      Not my area of expertise, so long distance shooters correct as needed: Once you get past 'line of site' distance shooting (see it, shoot it, without having to adjust for bullet drop, etc) it's art and science. I recall line of site (approx) for .308 is 300 yards or there abouts? I'm not a rifle guy. I'll hit man sized target from 100 yards with my M4 (about as far as I would ever expect to shoot as a civi) and put most of my effort/training into handguns. People that can make shots at 800 yards, 1000 yards + always boggles the mind. 86 years old, has never touched that rifle, making 5 inch groups to the head sized target at 1000 yards, WTF???

What a stud....
      - Will

Performance/Fitness Advice For the Tactical Community

www.OptimalSWAT.com

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

Comment

Made my Day

I had a great time watching this, several times, before I calmed down enough to write. Eyes and nerves failing these days in my sixties, I still shoot every week, pistol mostly. But after watching this, it brought back memories of line of sight shots I made in my 20's and 30's. 1-300 yards, iron sights, body and mind in total control, and the body made the shot, not the gun. People wonder why we still take the time and expense to punch holes in paper, or ring gongs. To honor guys like this, and cherish the feelings, way down deep inside, that we were pretty hot SOB's once too, and memories never need die. I love watching these kids today making impossible to us shots, from rookies at 100 yards to experts at 1000+, but to witness this makes sense of it all. Once a shooter, Always a shooter. Thanks for posting this, especially for us duffers, who still make the effort to put lead to paper.
        Regards, Bobby

Comment

*snif

Anyone got a tissue?
          This is for all you parents that like to put your kids names on the back of your mini-vans.

STOP IT! There are predators that will use that information against them!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2681 users online. 149 members and 2532 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X