300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blackhawk serpa holster for glock 27/23

I currently have a compact glock and I am going to sell it and get a subcompact glock. I have a Serpa holster for my compact glock. Will a sub compact fit in it and just be small inside or will it not even work? Also, my holster only covers half the slide when holstered, I noticed some of them cover most of the slide. What is the difference?

The subcompact will fit in the holster that you have now, but there will just be more empty space at bottom. It might also "wiggle" around a bit more than the 23 just because there is not as much gun to holster contact. As for the cover I am not really sure. Blackhawk is always making minor tweaks and whatnot to the Serpas.
    "When they kick out your front door, how you gonna come? With your hands on your head, or on the trigger of your gun. When the law break in, how you gonna go? Shot down on the pavement, or waiting in death row." - President Barack Obama

Comment

Sounds like it will be safe until I get a new holster for it. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by tuleyz View Post
        I currently have a compact glock and I am going to sell it and get a subcompact glock. I have a Serpa holster for my compact glock. Will a sub compact fit in it and just be small inside or will it not even work? Also, my holster only covers half the slide when holstered, I noticed some of them cover most of the slide. What is the difference?
        Sounds like you are describing the differences between the CQC and Sportster models. The CQC costs more, covers more gun, Blackhawk says it's better made. From their website: "Law enforcement and military personnel should use the original SERPA CQC Carbon-Fiber Holster for high-threat-level environments."

Also, as stated by Ch***, the gun will fit just fine in that holster. You shouldn't feel any different with it on since the front sight will sit in the channel just the same as with the 23.

Comment

Thanks for the replies. One last question... Does the pierce +1 mag extension for glock 27 fit the GEN 4? I heard it was'nt a good fit. If not do they make something like that for GEN 4?

Comment

Mag dimensions are the same. Gen 3 mags will work in the Gen 4's, just cant use them if you swap the mag release to a lefty.
            The comments made herein are those solely of author and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency or other entity.

Surfs Up on youtube!

Specialized Services Group on Facebook!

Comment

Hey, Surf, a little off-topic here, but what about those fancy after-market mag catches? Will they work in a Gen 4 as both left and right?

Comment

You might also be thinking of their Duty holster. The Serpa duty holster extends up and covers the whole slide.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5206 users online. 308 members and 4898 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X