300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glock 22

I was recently hired on by a agency that issues the Glock 22. I am starting on Monday and am trying to get a idea of if it will be a option to carry it concealed or if it will be to big. I am 6'1" about 180lbs, so not to skinny but not fat either. If anybody carries it concealed or knows any good concealment holsters please let me know.

Thanks
    Last edited by Mrpulo; 03-09-2011, 06:02 PM. Reason: Sorry for the errors, using my iPhone

I carried it concealed before it did print some. Maybe a pancake style holster would've worked better. You still may want to buy a size larger shirts from now on.

Comment

www.crossbreedholsters.com well worth the money....could always buy a 23 or even the subcompact that you can swap mags out with, i would never carry my duty weapon concealed way too big
      In Valor there is hope

Comment

If you are wearing good amount of clothing, it can be done, but during hot climate season, you probably would need either a vest or a bigger size shirt to conceal it. I have a Glock 17 and it definitely not concealed carry friendly compared to compact and sub compact Glock models.

Comment

I carry my G22 concealed every day. During winter months, it is much easier. In summer I use a bladetech IWB holster, or wear a 511 vest. I also have an intruder IWB holster that works well.

Off duty I sometimes carry my G27 when I am wearing shorts or in an ankle holster.
          "From now until the end of the world, we and it shall be remembered. We few, we Band of Brothers. For he who sheds his blood with me shall be my brother." - William Shakespeare ("King Henry V")

Comment

If your department allows it, you might look into getting a "supplemental weapon" like a Glock 23 (which will take the Glock 22 mags). I've successfully concealed a Glock 22 in hot climate, but it was a little uncomfortable at times. I'm 5'8" and 180lbs.
            Getting shot hurts! Don't under estimate the power of live ammo. A .22LR can kill you! I personally feel that it's best to avoid being shot by any caliber. Your vest may stop the bullet, but you'll still get a nice bruise or other injury to remember the experience.

Comment

I'd much rather carry my G27 off duty. Side note, it's my opinion that shooting a 27 will improve your marksmanship on the 22. You have to be a bit more cognizant of a proper grip to handle all the recoil. It makes a difference.

Comment

I'm about the same size as you and carry my G22 consealed. It works with a loose t-shirt, but I'm always self-concious of it. Unless I'm standing straight with my arms down it will print. Most folks who see it dont even know what it is. In this day and age they probably think its a cell phone or something, but it's the few that would notice it and have a good idea of what it is that worries me.
                Anytime I can wear a jacket or wind braker with out looking too out of place I do and it is much easier to hide. Thick polo shirts work well too.

Soon as I can I'm buying a G27 for consealed carry and a CrossBreed SuperTuck to go with it. I did carry a G23 for about 8 years and it was great, but this time around I want to go extra ninja stealth while keeping a decent (to me that's nothing smaller than a .40....to each their own) caliber.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3501 users online. 186 members and 3315 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X