300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PIcking Up My New Goodie Tonight

Yesterday I was at Ammo Bros in Cerritos. I was with my son while he was purchasing his first rifle (proud dad moment!!), an AR15. While waiting, we were looking around, and came upon some FN FALs. We were both marveling over these rifles, and with the $1200-$1400 price range I knew I'd never get one.

I went home and played with my Ruger Mini 30. I put it in a gun rug and took it to work to show another deputy who is a gunsmith and subcontractor to a major manufacturer. The 30 is a composite stock and stainless metal, totally factory stock. He looked at it, and told me he'd trade me straight across for an FAL. I about pooped.....

I'll post pics when I get it. I'm really excited, both for the FAL and my son getting his first carbine!!
    sigpic
    Originally posted by Smurfette
    Lord have mercy. You're about as slick as the business side of duct tape.
    Originally posted by DAL
    You are without doubt a void surrounded by a sphincter muscle.

An AR15 in the PRC? And FAL's? I thought all of those were banned in your state!

Or are they welded up so they can only take 10 rounds?
    "A man who has nothing which he cares about more than he does about his personal safety is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the existing of better men than himself."
    John Stuart Mill

Comment

The old "bullet button" trick, with a "fixed" 10 rd mag in the well.
      sigpic
      Originally posted by DAL

Comment

How sad - perhaps someday you will be free men again!

Check out MGShooters.com to see what Free Men do!

2nd happiest day of my life? "Welcome to California" - in my rear view mirror.
        "A man who has nothing which he cares about more than he does about his personal safety is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the existing of better men than himself."
        John Stuart Mill

Comment

Boys and their toys! Apple doesn't fall far from the tree eh? Hope you both enjoy your toys!
          This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

Comment

Originally posted by deputy x 2 View Post
            Boys and their toys! Apple doesn't fall far from the tree eh? Hope you both enjoy your toys!
            Yeah...I'm Army National Guard, my son is Army Reserve. I told Jr I'd stay in as long as he is in...I'm probably gonna regret that one day
            sigpic
            Originally posted by DAL

Comment

My Dad has an L1A1, the British FAL. It's awesome, I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

Comment

I'm looking forward to seeing just how far I can reach out and touch with this fine rifle....
                sigpic
                Originally posted by DAL

Comment

Mine's not labeled the same as yours (it says: "Springfield Armory SAR-48") and was made by an FN factory in Brazil, but it's nice not to have a "bullet button"! Enjoy your version!

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Comment

Mine is also an L1A1, complete with the TRilux sight and a full set of UK armorer's manuals (I have a friend who is retired from Her Magesty's Royal Electrical and Mechanical Engineers (REME). He was an armorer on the L1A1).

Since the Brits used a full auto (upper) receiver, they have been remade on Imbel units from Brazil - who were licensed by FN to make the gun.

How does this "bullet button" thing work?
                    John Stuart Mill

Comment

Originally posted by Sleuth View Post
                      Mine is also an L1A1, complete with the TRilux sight and a full set of UK armorer's manuals (I have a friend who is retired from Her Magesty's Royal Electrical and Mechanical Engineers (REME). He was an armorer on the L1A1).

Since the Brits used a full auto (upper) receiver, they have been remade on Imbel units from Brazil - who were licensed by FN to make the gun.

How does this "bullet button" thing work?

I'd rather move to FA.
                      Last edited by westside popo; 03-09-2011, 06:25 PM.

Comment

Ok, mine is an STG version, short barrel with quad rails on the fore end. It has an allen-screw to make the receiver Calif-compliant. I will take a couple of pics and post them up after I get off work tonight.

Puli, that is one NICE looking FAL!!
                        sigpic
                        Originally posted by DAL

Comment

Here she is....not as sexy as Puli's, but still nice (and MINE!!):

ETA: I just noticed the stuff on the table...studying for the sergeant exam
                          Last edited by FJDave; 03-10-2011, 01:43 PM.
                          sigpic
                          Originally posted by DAL

Comment

NICE! The STG-58 rifles are extremely well-made, and very desirable. On a straight trade with a Mini-30, YOU came out on top!
                            J. Wise

AR-15 - AK-47 - NFA Trusts - My Pick - Carry Guns - 1911s

"Some say you can tell how the world stands by the prices of AK-47s...." Chit2001

Any comments contained herein regarding the legality of firearms, or the application of law, are strictly applicable to Texas. If you live in CA, NY, IL, MA, D.C., etc., the above comments will probably shock you, and should be read for educational purposes only. Most likely nothing I write will apply to you.

sigpic

Comment

I see, so if you have to use a "tool" it's legal? Mags are still limited to 10 rounds though, right?

And jwise is right, if anyone wants to trade me an FAL for a Mini-30, I'll go out and buy a new Mini-30!
                              John Stuart Mill

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3268 users online. 201 members and 3067 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X