Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What say you. HK p30L 9mm duty weapon?

No longer like my Smith and Wesson M&P .45. It jammed on me at the gun range one day and it is the only time it ever happened. It was not a simple tap, rack, bang situation. It jammed EVERY single round. The extractor jammed on the rim of the bullet and it was very difficult to run the action to clear the bullet. I am sure it was a fluke, but I have lost faith in it to function correctly when I will need it most. Also, it only holds 10 rounds. So, that leads me to the HK p30L. I am deadly accurate with this gun. As compared to a Glock 21, Glock 17, Glock 34 (very accurate with this gun as well), Springfield XDM 9mm. I also shot an HK .45 which I was just as accurate with. But it only holds 10 rounds, same as the smith and wesson. I do not want to ignite the whole 9mm being a sufficient round debate. I have done my own research on that and feel it is a sufficient round. Mainly just interested in anyone using a HK p30L as a duty weapon. And maybe if anyone has had any experience with the same issue I had with the smith and wesson.

Since its an offshoot of the HK USP platform...I doubt you could do worse. Love my Hk .45 USP. The M&P appears to be a revamped Sigma, but I could be wrong. Lots of similarities in the way it looks though.
    One Shot, One Kill. Anything else is just pu(ff)y!

Comment

I have not shot a P30, but the first time I handled one, my first thought was that it felt more comfortable in my hand than any other handgun out there. However, the double-action trigger pull was probably the worst I've ever tried. The reset wasn't great either.

I'm sure it's a great gun, but I would have the trigger worked on if I was to buy one. The trigger on my USP 45 and my brother's HK45 are definitely better.

Comment

I carry a P30L in 9mm for my off duty uniformed security gig. Great gun and super accurate. If I was allowed I would carry for "the job" everyday w/o question. Do it!! Make me jealous!!! Stay safe.

Comment

@tc215, I agree on the trigger reset. I believe there are some kits for the trigger reset length and the "heavy" DA trigger pull, I would look into.

@sscpd223 Thank you. I have pretty well set on the p30L. Just working out the holster issue. I love my serpa lvl III. I can get the serpa level III w/o the light. But I am waiting to see if it will fit in the blackhawk level III light bearing holster for the p2000.

Comment

Cue, I have not had any issues w/ the trigger pull but, there are some good companies that sell the parts or do the work for you. I don't know about the Blackhawk holsters. I use a Safariland 6280 for a HK45. I have found that any holster for a HK45 will work for a P30L. Safariland currently offers the 6280 for a P30L w/ a mounted weapon light. I don't have one so that is why I use the one for the HK45.No issues w/ it whatsoever. Good luck on your quest. Stay safe.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4903 users online. 232 members and 4671 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X