300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about STI

I am looking at an STI Shadow for an off duty carry pistol. Not many people around here have one. Wondering if you guys have any hands on experience with the Shadow model or STI in general.

Thanks in advance,
    Hap

I love my STI Tac 5.0! Great shooter and highly reliable. However the mags are expensive and stock mags don't like to run well, but this is a mag issue. Tuned mags work great. It is in .40S&W which is not my first choice, but I have access to that ammo.

As for the Shadow I have no experience with it but STI is top notch.
    The comments made herein are those solely of author and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency or other entity.

Surfs Up on youtube!

Specialized Services Group on Facebook!

Comment

Never played with a Shadow but have owned and or had experience with a couple of dozen STI's. They are a top tier company and make a very solid product. As Surf mentioned, the magazines typically need to be tuned to ensure 100% reliability. I personally use Bevin Gram for mine but there are others out there.

Comment

STI makes top notch competition pistols. One thing I notice about STI product is that it requires some break in period to get the funk out. If I ever start shooting USPSA/IPSC style match, I'll most likely go STI route.

Comment

Originally posted by M1garand View Post
          STI makes top notch competition pistols. One thing I notice about STI product is that it requires some break in period to get the funk out. If I ever start shooting USPSA/IPSC style match, I'll most likely go STI route.
          I've already started saving for a Brazo's High-Performance Edge next year. I've shot a few of my friend's STIs and those guns are awesome.
          Eat Meat, Build Mass!

www.centralfloridaammo.com

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I picked up the Shadow a few days ago and put about 300 rounds through it. Experienced a few issues with the recoil spring not returning the slide completely, but this was after about 150 rounds and using frangible ammunition which is extremely dirty. STI said that they are aware of the issue and are sending a newly designed, more powerful, recoil spring. The quality of this pistol is exceptional.

Hap

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4565 users online. 276 members and 4289 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X