- Cornelius Tacitus

http://www.mszu.de/

"The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws."
    - Cornelius Tacitus

Comment

How did you get a video presentation of my basement range? j/k

That's just impressive.

Comment

Damn Germans...and they say American's are spoiled!

World_So_Cold

Comment

If only I could win the lottery...
          "Praise the Lord and pass the Ammunition."

Comment

Amazing, but 130+ bucks an hour. Yeowch.

Comment

That place looks nuts....I thought it was laser firearms at first. In door trap range? Sign me up!

Comment

Holy trap shooting batman
                One Shot, One Kill. Anything else is just pu(ff)y!

Comment

That is a range I would love to open up one day.....
                  sigpicMy statements do not represent my agency.

Comment

Owning weapons, shooting and hunting in Germany is difficult and often it is the wealthy who are involved. Firearms in Germany is very different than in our culture here in the US and it might be related to a very high end country club where the rich get together to shoot a round of Golf.
                    The comments made herein are those solely of author and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency or other entity.

Surfs Up on youtube!

Specialized Services Group on Facebook!

Comment

Originally posted by Surf View Post
                      Owning weapons, shooting and hunting in Germany is difficult and often it is the wealthy who are involved. Firearms in Germany is very different than in our culture here in the US and it might be related to a very high end country club where the rich get together to shoot a round of Golf.
                      I was thinking about that after I posted it.

I couldn’t understand a word of the video, but if you were to take the audio track and place it over a WWII nazi propaganda video showing the greatness of Germany it would sync perfectly.

If Herman Goering had an ideal range this would be it (he was an advid hunter).

I think the reason we don’t have places like this in the US is Billy Bob red neck can shoot all he wants in his back yard with a $200 Ruger. So instead of it being impossible to shoot and relegated to those with exuberant amounts of money who can yield to whatever laws are erected to prohibit the use of firearms we simply grab our unregistered guns and go out in the back (in some cases).

Even I as a Californian can go to select locations of federal parks and shoot at the side of a hill all I want.

"The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws."
                      - Cornelius Tacitus

Comment

Do you think those cute little vests the store employees were wearing are ballistic?
                        "No one can make you feel like a turd without your permission." - Eleanor Roosevelt.

Comment

Originally posted by SCV-Sop View Post
                          I was thinking about that after I posted it.

I couldn’t understand a word of the video, but if you were to take the audio track and place it over a WWII nazi propaganda video showing the greatness of Germany it would sync perfectly.

If Herman Goering had an ideal range this would be it (he was an advid hunter).

I think the reason we don’t have places like this in the US is Billy Bob red neck can shoot all he wants in his back yard with a $200 Ruger. So instead of it being impossible to shoot and relegated to those with exuberant amounts of money who can yield to whatever laws are erected to prohibit the use of firearms we simply grab our unregistered guns and go out in the back (in some cases).

Even I as a Californian can go to select locations of federal parks and shoot at the side of a hill all I want.
                          You are correct about the US. Shooting is just too easy here. Most people would not pay for that type of luxury and I don't think it would work here. However we also need to understand that a lot of the firearms laws in Germany were a direct result of WWII and restrictions imposed upon them. I don't think it was really meant to make the rich feel more entitled, it just so happens to be costly, time consuming and a lot of red tape to get weapons and hunting licenses etc because of the restrictions. Therefore generally it becomes the more affluent who participate in the hunting and shooting sports world in Germany and because of this you get a shooting facility that would rival a rich country club.
                          The comments made herein are those solely of author and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency or other entity.

Surfs Up on youtube!

Specialized Services Group on Facebook!

Comment

My terrible German, caught only a few things. Basically it was just saying look at how advanced each shooting area was, from indoor trap to the advanced simulators.

True the gun laws in Europe are staggeringly different. It does look very much like a country club for shooters.

Comment

I happen to speak some german since I am from europe (not german though) and do not agree it sounds like nazi-propaganda, rather propaganda for a high-tech shooting range that is btw also being used by police and (other) security services (sicherheitsdienste). They say it's the only of it's kind in whole Europe. However, having worked as a cop for many years in Amsterdam I recall we also as from 2000 trained in a (less then this one) pretty high tech range where the range-master could play a movie and depending on the shooters bahavior could manipulate the screen with a computer. That is how we got qualified (also decision making, when to shoot or when NOT too shoot/bad light conditions etc). What makes shooting so expensive in Europe? In this I have to agree with Surf, getting all the stamps, licenses and other paperwork makes it expensive, and by paying tax over it you're also sponsoring the government. And shooting in your back-yard is almost impossible and thus forbidden. Due to the heavy population you might hit your neighbour, even in lesser populated areas.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3347 users online. 237 members and 3110 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X