Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

12 Gauge Shotgun: What do you load it with?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12 Gauge Shotgun: What do you load it with?

For self defense.. What is your Personal Favorite? i have to go with: Remington Express 3" Magnum 00/Buckshot when using my Mossberg 500 pistol grip.. what say you?
    it is What it is

I say do an advanced search for "shotgun" in the Firearms area and you'll get a whole gaggle of threads where this has already been asked and answered.

If you still need a suggestion after all that, I'd recommend those "whammy shells" from the Dukes of H***ard movie. Dem sunzabitchez will blow a BIG hole is stuff!
    NRA Life Member

The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence. - Sir Robert Peel

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. - H. L. Mencken

Comment

I keep the tube loaded with buckshot, and the stock carrier full of slugs.
      My dad has these interesting things he bought online that have a, IIRC, .50 ball on top of a load of buckshot. Seems rather gimicky, but a neat concept nonetheless.
      Lt. Col. Grace - "Lt. Murphey, why are you all dressed up to mack on the ladies?"
      Me - "Sir, you just answered your own question."

Comment

Originally posted by Murf425 View Post
        My dad has these interesting things he bought online that have a, IIRC, .50 ball on top of a load of buckshot. Seems rather gimicky, but a neat concept nonetheless.
        Thanks for the Input..
        it is What it is

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt. Slaughter View Post
          I say do an advanced search for "shotgun" in the Firearms area and you'll get a whole gaggle of threads where this has already been asked and answered.

If you still need a suggestion after all that, I'd recommend those "whammy shells" from the Dukes of H***ard movie. Dem sunzabitchez will blow a BIG hole is stuff!
          Um.. yes i do Understand the topic may have come up Before..
          it is What it is

Comment

Shotgun Shells, usually....

-------------------------------
            You can't fix stupid, but you can arrest it. - LINY

"Their house, their rules. And when they get robbed, they can call 911 and ask them to send a hippie to protect them." - ateamer

Comment

I'd go with #4 buck.

Comment

Rock salt works pretty good..... Depends what you're shooting at, and why you're shooting at it.
                Sure, that badge will get you midgets, but those midgets will get that badge!

The more I learn about people, the more I prefer the company of my dogs.

Comment

First round out is OC...I figure you get 3 warnings before deadly force. RackRack, Bang, RackRack. After that it's slug then #4 buck, then slug.

Comment

Originally posted by phillyrube View Post
                    First round out is OC...I figure you get 3 warnings before deadly force. RackRack, Bang, RackRack. After that it's slug then #4 buck, then slug.
                    Warning Shot Huh.. i was Curious About How Many people would bring up #4 Buck.. so far TWO of You.. i never cared for it really myself..
                    it is What it is

Comment

Winchester has theses out. I played with about 5 or 6 boxes and it patterned really well. I keep them loaded in my bedside side x side.
                      http://www.winchester.com/Products/N...s/pdx1-12.aspx

Originally posted by Neverwas.. View Post
                      i was Curious About How Many people would bring up #4 Buck.. so far TWO of You..
                      We're issued #4 buck for our work shotguns - it's either that or 1oz slug.
                      Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.
                      --Winston Churchill--

"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

Comment

8 rds of 'OOO' Buck. Anything less lethal is foolish. I ain't playing games with intruders.
                        sigpic

"Po Po coming through!" all rights reserved DJS

'Do we really need 'smart bombs' to drop on these dumb bastards?'

http://www.snipercompany.com/

M16/AR15/M4 Armorer

Comment

Murf425:
                          No not really it's been around a very long time. It's commonly refered to as Buck & Ball and it was used a miliarty round in the days of smooth bore muskets. It went out of favor with the advent and mass issuing of rifled muskets, not because it wasn't effective but because it was ouclassed on the battlefield by the longer range of rifled muskets and the minnie ball.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buck_and_ball

Stay Safe
                          Fyr
                          Last edited by fyrdog; 10-14-2010, 10:00 AM.
                          Forti Fors Bona

Comment

Originally posted by zeplin View Post
                            8 rds of 'OOO' Buck.
                            One of these days, I really need to get around to putting a tube extension on my shotty. With 3" shells, the stock magazine only holds 4 rounds.
                            Lt. Col. Grace - "Lt. Murphey, why are you all dressed up to mack on the ladies?"
                            Me - "Sir, you just answered your own question."

Comment

One of these days, I really need to get around to putting a tube extension on my shotty. With 3" shells, the stock magazine only holds 4 rounds.
                              My Mossy Holds 7 W/the 20" Barrel..
                              it is What it is

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6261 users online. 343 members and 5918 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X