NEW Welcome Ad

Collapse

Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Talk me out of the Bravo Company/EAG Tactical Carbine and into an M&P 15.......please

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Talk me out of the Bravo Company/EAG Tactical Carbine and into an M&P 15.......please

I need to buy the best possible rifle I can, however I do not know if I can swing 2k for a weapon without top of the line optics.

i have not heard anything bad about the M&P 15, tell me how wonderful it is and that i would not make a mistake buying it

being poor sucks
    Should have been a hose dragger

I would look at Daniel Defense M4 Carbine, v1, I paid 1299 plus (Tax) for the rifle. I would look at all of the features on the DD rifle and you will see the quality and it meets the JWISE checklist of needed options for any rifle worth buying. I have shot the rifle with no malfunctions and it shoots and handles like a dream. If you watch Larry Vickers on Tactical Impact he runs the same setup that I have plus the Magpul BAD lever, gas busting charging handle and Magpul VFG. If you tried to part this rifle together from a basic M4, it would be impossible to come close to the 1299 price tag.

Lower Receiver: Mil-Spec with Enhanced Flared Magazine Well
    Upper Receiver: Mil-Spec with Indexing Marks and M4 Feed Ramps
    Barrel: Chrome Moly Vanadium Steel, Cold Hammer Forged, 1:7 twist, 16″ M4 Profile, Carbine Gas System, Chrome Lined, MP tested, and Mil-Spec Heavy Phosphate coated
    Chamber: 5.56 NATO
    Flash Hider: A2 Birdcage Flash Hider
    Bolt Carrier Group: Mil-Spec MP Tested, Properly Staked Gas Key
    Buffer: H Buffer
    Sights: Daniel Defense A1.5 Fixed Rear Sight; Pinned “F” Marked Front Sight Base
    Handguard: Daniel Defense Omega X Railâ„¢ 12.0 FSP (Make Note The rifle has the QD's swivels on the rail and endplate)
    Buttstock: MAGPUL MOE Buttstock & Mil-Spec 5 Position Receiver Extension
    Magazine: MAGPUL 30 round PMag in Black
    Vertical Grip: Daniel Defense A2 Styling Vertical Grip
    Case: Comes with Custom Daniel Defense Full-Latch Impact Plastic Case
    Made in the USA!

Comment

Sorry, I cant help you. I carry a Smith revolver every day(either as an off-duty or a back up). I own several of them. The chamberings include.22 LR, .38 special, .357 mag, .41, .44 special, .45 Auto, .454 Casull and the grandaddy S&W500. Each one has provided flawless troublefree ownership. I do not own any other brand of revolver.

That being said, I have had nothing but problems with the semi-automatics I have had. I have heard the M&P adressed some of the issues, but I'm not chunking down $600 to find out. Same deal with the rifles. I will spend my money on what I know works.
      Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.
      --Winston Churchill--

"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalSheriff View Post
        I carry a Smith revolver... Each one has provided flawless troublefree ownership.

That being said, I have had nothing but problems with the semi-automatics I have had. ...I'm not chunking down $600 to find out. Same deal with the rifles.
        I would pretty much second everything in this post. When it comes to Smith, their revolvers are amazing, but I've never had good luck with their automatics. I had a Sigma that went back to the factory 4 times for repairs before I finally said "Screw it" and bought something else.
        Lt. Col. Grace - "Lt. Murphey, why are you all dressed up to mack on the ladies?"
        Me - "Sir, you just answered your own question."

Comment

Why would you want to be talked out of an M&P-15? They're good rifles. I've put several thousand rounds through mine with absolutely zero issues. I got it for a good price through http://www.budspolicesupply.com.

I added an Eotech sight, a LaRue BUIS, attached a tac light using a rail adapter at the bayonet lug, and put a 2-point sling on it. I have no need or desire to do anything else to it. We're issued Colt AR's at work, and I would just as soon keep my S&W.
          Last edited by tc215; 10-06-2010, 10:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tc215 View Post
            Why would you want to be talked out of an M&P-15?
            He wouldn't; he wants to be talked out of the Bravo and INTO the Smith. Sounds like you helped him with that.
            Lt. Col. Grace - "Lt. Murphey, why are you all dressed up to mack on the ladies?"
            Me - "Sir, you just answered your own question."

Comment

Originally posted by Murf425 View Post
              He wouldn't; he wants to be talked out of the Bravo and INTO the Smith. Sounds like you helped him with that.
              lol. effin BCM doesnt even offer LEO discount = GHEY

Comment

Can't comment on the Bravo Company AR-15's as I have never shot one, but I do own a S&W MP-15x. I love it. Haven't had a problem with it yet. We aren't authorized our own rifles for use on patrol, but if we were I would not hesitate to take my M&P out with me.

Comment

Next to Daniel Defense, Bravo Company Rifles offer the most bang for your buck. While the S&W will do fine for most shooters, the S&W is not of the same quality as either Daniel Defense or Bravo Company and others out there.

Right now a base model DD or BCM rifle is only slightly more than an M&P. Add to the fact that from DD and BCM you get hundreds of dollars more in premium parts, manufacture process and quality control and I would definitely say the overall value goes to DD and BCM.

As far as LEO pricing? They don't need to give anything as far as I am concerned. They make a top level rifle, with the thought of meeting or exceeding the Gov's technical data package all while keeping pricing low as it is. BCM company, the owner, the customer service and their product is top level all the way, with great pricing. If that is what the Definition of GHEY means, then I guess this would be accurate.
                  Last edited by Surf; 10-06-2010, 06:03 PM.
                  The comments made herein are those solely of author and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency or other entity.

Surfs Up on youtube!

Specialized Services Group on Facebook!

Comment

Bravo Company has my vote. I love my current 16" upper and when I build my next SBR, it will also be a Bravo Company. They make awesome weaponry..

Comment

thanks smurf! I checked into DD, they do offer LEO pricing and the products look damn good

and yes, that is the definition of GHEY
                      Last edited by donutdestroyer; 10-07-2010, 05:04 AM. Reason: GHEY

Comment

Originally posted by Cyber_Saint View Post
                        Can't comment on the Bravo Company AR-15's as I have never shot one, but I do own a S&W MP-15x. I love it. Haven't had a problem with it yet. We aren't authorized our own rifles for use on patrol, but if we were I would not hesitate to take my M&P out with me.
                        this for me too. LOVE mine and its been flawless since i bought it. never jammed, never failed to extract, etc. smoooooth

Comment

OP, the M&P is a pretty good rifle but definitely a step below DD or BCM. The barrel is the biggest problem off the bat. It is a lesser material and it's 1/9 twist which isn't going to work well for heavy rounds, that many agencies use. It's a fine rifle but for a work rifle I am going to step it up a bit. You can find the DD XVM's for $1050 if you look around, usually on gunbroker quite often. impactweapons.com has the Colt 6920 for $1199 with free shipping.

Anyone know of what DD"s LEO prices are. You can get their rifles for $250 off list pretty easily as is since their list is pretty high. Is there discount greater than that. I have been eyeing the V3 really hard and have found it for ~$1175, their discount would have to be pretty deep to beat that.

Comment

Originally posted by boomhower1820 View Post
                            Anyone know of what DD"s LEO prices are. You can get their rifles for $250 off list pretty easily as is since their list is pretty high. Is there discount greater than that. I have been eyeing the V3 really hard and have found it for ~$1175, their discount would have to be pretty deep to beat that.
                            I have an LEO account direct with DD and they are generally 10% off retail, which sucks if you ask me because you can get a lesser price from a distributor.

As for the V3 direct from DD
                            Daniel Defense M4 Carbine, v3 (Mid-length Barrel)
                            Retail Price: $1537.00
                            Your Price: $1429.00
                            You Save: $108.00
                            In Stock: Yes

The XV direct from DD
                            Daniel Defense M4 Carbine, XV
                            Retail Price: $1300.00
                            Your Price: $1209.00
                            You Save: $91.00
                            In Stock: Yes

However my account LEO pricing at DSG arms on the XV is $959.00.

Go figure. I never order direct from DD, but you can get great prices on their rifles elsewhere.
                            The comments made herein are those solely of author and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency or other entity.

Surfs Up on youtube!

Specialized Services Group on Facebook!

Comment

Originally posted by OperatorEX

You can't want the best and be a cheap ***
                              oh yeah? watch me.....

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4117 users online. 231 members and 3886 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X