300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Night sights

I am looking at pulling the trigger on a new 4 Gen. Glock 17. My question is, I really like the rear green sights with red front sight. Anyone know of an actual night sight set-up with this color combo or any suggestions for a good night sight set? This will be a duty weapon eventually. Thanks!

somebody school this guy please

Comment

Look for Surf's posts. He's got a pic of a similar setup I believe.
      NRA Life Member

The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence. - Sir Robert Peel

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. - H. L. Mencken

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt. Slaughter View Post
        Look for Surf's posts. He's got a pic of a similar setup I believe.
        Disregard, I think I found some.
        Last edited by BigTex44; 06-22-2010, 11:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus259
          I wouldn't buy it for a duty gun yet, unless you are in the academy, and you KNOW your department will allow it. Some departments have either issued weapons, or they have specific weapons they want you to use. If you are going to buy a gun, buy it for another reason.

The Sgr. said too. Surf has that setup. I believe he did that custom though if i remember that post?
          I am already an Officer. thanks though.

Comment

Surf's gun is setup with the TruGlo Fiber sights. They are Day sight only. TruGlo does make night fiber sights, but they are all green, or green front and yellow rear. I run the all green nightsight on my 23.
            Last edited by UTB176; 06-22-2010, 01:59 PM.

Comment

I sent you a PM before I saw this thread, but for everyone else this is my take on the TruGlo's.

I really like the TruGlo sights. The red dot fronts on my Gen4 G17 are not the tritium night sights just the fiber optic. I do run the TruGlo tritium fiber optic night sights on my duty Sig and I really like them. At night they are comparable to the Trijicon night sights but have the fiber optic for day shooting. So far I have not seen the TruGlo sights in the tritium with the red front sight. I have only seen the tritium models come as green front and rear, or green front with yellow rear. I really wish they would make the red fronts in tritium. If they came in this configuration I would be all over them.
              The comments made herein are those solely of author and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency or other entity.

Surfs Up on youtube!

Specialized Services Group on Facebook!

Comment

According to Trijicon, green is up front because it provides the highest visual contrast with muzzle flash. You can get yellow or orange rear sights from them to help single out your front sight.

I too would like to see a red tritiuim front sight, but from what quick searching I've done it may be dimmer than green.
                NRA Life Member

The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence. - Sir Robert Peel

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. - H. L. Mencken

Comment

I had a red/green night sight set up with an HK USP Compact .40 back in 2005. I really want to say I had green rear/red front, but on Meprolight's website I can only find red rear/green front. Could probably call them and ask though.

Comment

Anything in blue and white for people with red/green color blindness?

Comment

Nope..... you should still be able to use something beside 3-dot sights though.
                      NRA Life Member

Comment

true. but built into the sights is always better imo as it doesn't change the profile of the pistol like clip on lights, etc.

trijicon might work since it's just dots that glow and 1 goes between 2 regardless of color perception.; yellow and green looking the same.

red is a killer for me since i can't see it as a glow light in the dark. an example is that in dark rooms with the red light on, i'm night blind until my standard night vision comes on line. everyone else in the dark room could get working while i stood there, blind, for however long it took for my eyes to dialate. the OP and following replies had me pumped about a possible "fix" that someone else had already fast racked for me.

i guess it's time to take my own advice and try different options out to see what works and what doesn't for me. rats!

Comment

Does anyone have any experience using a Ghost ring type sight on a pistol? I've seen several companies that sell them, but I've never shot with them. Curious as to the speed of sight aquisition and accuracy out to 25 yards or so?

Comment

I have a Sig226 Blackwater edition that has Red in front and Green on rear. I have a difficulty picking out the red color in the dark compared to green ones. My other guns either have green front/yellow rear or just green on green.

Comment

Originally posted by M1garand View Post
                              I have a Sig226 Blackwater edition that has Red in front and Green on rear. I have a difficulty picking out the red color in the dark compared to green ones. My other guns either have green front/yellow rear or just green on green.
                              I am not 100%, but I believe that TruGlo does not produce a red front fiber optic with tritium (red TFO). So that sight may not be a night sight. I do know that the latter Blackwaters were green fronts and the Tactical Operations that replaced the Blackwater also have the green TFO fronts. The rears are the Siglites also on the newer versions.
                              The comments made herein are those solely of author and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency or other entity.

Surfs Up on youtube!

Specialized Services Group on Facebook!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6190 users online. 353 members and 5837 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X