300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Plastic.....

I am really liking my Gen 4 G17, so I added a Gen4 G22. Since there is no plans right now for a Gen4 version of the 34/35 and being that I love my G34 so much I went ahead and picked up a G35 also. I only had about 1/2 hour get in some trigger time and I went ahead and put 150 rounds through the 35. Ran as expected, not sure why but the mag release seems more pronounced when shooting than on my G34? On my Gen4 G17 I tested out the TruGlo red front and rear green fiber optics. I like them so much that I ordered a couple more sets plus a 3.5 Ghost Rocket and ext slide release for the 22 and a JP magwell. That should do it for now. I think that is enough Glocks for awhile. At least until the other Gen4 models hit the market.

Just for more pics, here is another Colt 6920 that I put together tonight. This one isn't for me as I think I am finished with the .223 / 5.56 for right now. 7.62 / .308 is up to bat.

The comments made herein are those solely of author and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency or other entity.

Surfs Up on youtube!

Specialized Services Group on Facebook!

I'm jealous. How many firearms do you own?

Comment

When I grow up, I want to be Surf! How is the felt recoil on the 22? They said the new spring is suppose to take a lot of the snap out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by UTB176 View Post
        When I grow up, I want to be Surf! How is the felt recoil on the 22? They said the new spring is suppose to take a lot of the snap out of it.
        I couldn't tell a big difference with it. To me the biggest difference was the mag release(which I love) and the grip texture.

Comment

jannino, I own a couple handguns and a rifle or two.

As for the felt recoil, that can be subjective but just in my bb gun, errr 9mm Gen4 G17, I can feel a slight difference in recoil over the Gen3 versions. I would think the G22 would be more noticeable in the .40S&W vs 9mm, but I haven't had the time to shoot it yet (I rarely shoot on weekends). The biggest difference is usually found when I run certain drills etc on a shot timer. This is pretty much how I sort out trigger set ups etc. Shot timers really don't lie.

I am actually planning on doing my own grip reduction and texture job on the G35, so that may be upcoming if I can find some extra time.
          The comments made herein are those solely of author and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency or other entity.

Surfs Up on youtube!

Comment

Originally posted by Surf View Post

I am actually planning on doing my own grip reduction and texture job on the G35, so that may be upcoming if I can find some extra time.
            I'd say a video of that would compliment your AR assembly videos nicely
            Eat Meat, Build Mass!

www.centralfloridaammo.com

Comment

That is on my to do list also.

Surfs Up on youtube!

Comment

Awesome, cause I really really don't like that bump, ha.
                Eat Meat, Build Mass!

Comment

Originally posted by Hitthegym View Post
                  I'd say a video of that would compliment your AR assembly videos nicely
                  Here it is.

http://forums.officer.com/forums/sho...-BUILD-an-AR15

Surfs Up on youtube!

Comment

I've already got all of those bookmarked for my next build :-p I wants Glock greep redoocshun veedeo!
                    Eat Meat, Build Mass!

Comment

ah! Way to leave us hanging!!

Comment

And so it begins.......

I was getting ready to do a DIY grip reduction with an integral flared magwell and an extended beavertail on my G35 but I am pretty sure that I am going to go this route and keep the stock frame as is. The LoneWolf frame is $199.
                        http://www.lonewolfdist.com/Detail.a...7&TERM=lwd-tim

If I go with this frame, I can pick up another slide, barrel and parts to complete a custom gun and return the G35 to stock without having permanently altering the grip / frame. Plus if I pick up a new slide, I already have a Doc Optic sitting around waiting to be mounted.

I have definite plans on doing a some type of paint or finish job, but this is where my G35 sits right now....

- Replaced the 4.5 connector with a 3.5 Rocket connector and set up my desired trigger travel.
                        - .25 cent trigger job (polishing all the right parts), now with the 3.5 Rocket and the polish trigger job, it is one nice, clean and light break. Amazing how well a Glock trigger responds to some minor tweaking.
                        - TruGlo red front, rear green fiber optic sights
                        - JP Enterprises Magwell

As can be seen in the pics I am experimenting with different heat stippling / textures and I am pretty sure my Gen4 G17 will get a treatment. I already did a set of P226 grips and the texture / traction on the pistol is amazing! I wasn't worried about the Sig grips as I have a few sets, but the Glock design will be a done deal once I start.

Damn, I am getting too fond of Tupperware. I just picked up 5 cases of .45ACP and my dealer is getting in a couple Springfield Professionals. Maybe picking up another steel framed 1911 will update my man card!

Surfs Up on youtube!

Comment

Can't wait for a video on the new Gen 4 22.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5184 users online. 283 members and 4901 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X