300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leupold gives the finger to Local and State LEOs

Okay, I am kind of ticked off about this... Leupold is offering 40% off on up to 3 products and 5 accessories per calendar year for law enforcement (and military). But get this- It's only available to FEDERAL LE! Not local, county or state...
    Thanks for the snub, Leupold. Way to get me to want to buy another scope from you...

http://www.leupold.com/tactical/fedm...m_medium=email
    "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."
    -John Adams

Disclaimer: My statements are personal opinions, and in no way reflect those of my agency.

Hmmmmm......guess I will make it a point to NOT buy Leupold for my next high end scope......as they seem to not to need my business......
    The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

Originally posted by LA DEP View Post
      Hmmmmm......guess I will make it a point to NOT buy Leupold for my next high end scope......as they seem to not to need my business......
      Yeah, no kidding. I was considering buying a new Mark 4 ER/T 3.5-10x40 M5 TMR and a new DeltaPoint reflex sight, but not any more.
      "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."
      -John Adams

Disclaimer: My statements are personal opinions, and in no way reflect those of my agency.

Comment

Perhaps its a benny for all the federal contracts they have?

If I give some LEOs a discount I have to give all LEOs a discount? What about militay Reserves and Guard? Are they snubbing them too, since it only says Active military?

Get off it, be glad they're offering discounts to some folks who deserve it, even if they don't extend it to everyone. Honest to God, this is something to get upset about?
        I miss you, Dave.
        http://www.odmp.org/officer/20669-of...david-s.-moore

Comment

They would lose their a-sses if they gave local LEO that discount, are you kidding?! But I say they should look into a 10-15% discount if I were them. Just to bolster sales. We get a discount they get sales...win win if you ask me.
          One Shot, One Kill. Anything else is just pu(ff)y!

Comment

You guys are sounding like the civilians who are jealous because they can't tint their car windows dark and can't get free coffee at QuikTrip.

Should I not order Oakleys, Northface, or anywhere that gives discounts to only LEOs? Or what about those places who give discounts to senior citizens?

Comment

I have no problem with active Military getting this, but what annoys me is the Federal LE portion of it. I can understand if the US Government was giving Leupold a subsidy or tax break, but I would really doubt that, given the current administration. If Feds are getting this, I think a good business model would dictate that we locals should be included. Otherwise, I consider it bad business practice from an economic/sale and customer service stand point.
              I just want things on a level playing field. US Optics sees fit to do so with their 10% discount, I don't see why Leupold can't budge. My annoyance with Leupold stems from the fact that they've NEVER given law enforcement pricing. Good business practice tells you that LE pricing discounts help bolster sales. If you drop the price of the item, the consumer will purchase more. Even at lower profit margins, the company still makes money. Given other comparable competing optics products on the market now and coming out in the near future, a Leupold at retail cost just isn't a good deal to me. A Leupold with a 15%, 20% or even 40% discount IS worth it to me. As suggested above, the least they could do would be offer some form of discount to LEOs. But they won't even do that. And I'm already frustrated with Leupold, so you can imagine that this is just stirring the pot...
              -John Adams

Comment

I wonder what qualifies as "Federal L/E"? A local FBI agent? I'm sure that in general, a patrol officer on the street would get more use out of a Leupold optic mounted to his patrol rifle than a mainly investigative FBI agent.

Originally posted by jb5722
                just an fyi for you, you can get the leupold LE discount by joining the law enforcement team on promotive.com , which will grant access to local and state leo's as long as they can verify your le status.
                Nope. Not available that way either.

Also see this thread

Originally posted by j942rhino View Post
                Currently Leupold has asked us to have them available to Tactical Instructors, Active Duty Military, Military Special Ops, Federal L/E officers, and SWAT/SRT members. We're working with them to open their program up a bit more to all full-time L/E officers and hope to have that soon.

Comment

As Reedo posted, I dont have an issue with the military discount......but, if they are going to give a LEO discount, give it to everyone, or dont give it at all......or at least post an explaination as to why (federal contracts ect), so it doesnt look like they are thumbing their noses at the 'locals'....
                  The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

Come on guys calm down, dont sell off the stock or throw out your Mark IV optic just yet. Sometimes when an offer like this is made it is to boost an area of sales that is lacking. General LE sales are pretty good with them as are the civilian sales.
                    You notice it stated in the add "Activating Guard and Reserve Units" there are not many Leupold products generally in use by other than specialty units in the US Military or Federal LEO Units so they are trying to get deploying units and Guard members to spend there money on their optics instead of others.
                    ACOG and Aimpoint rule the battlefield as far as M4's go and even the tactical scopes are being replaced by Nikon, S&B and others. So all of this may just be to boost some sales in a portion of the market that is faultering.
                    As far as not buying their products most of the big LE sales are done to departments not individuals so yeah might have some negative effect on them but not a lot would just be taking away a great option on your part.
                    Just an opinion.
                    Last edited by tacman605; 05-21-2010, 02:32 AM.

Comment

Everyone who wants to boycott them can send me their optics and I'll take care of them.
                      I am concerned for the security of our great Nation; not so much because of any threat from without, but because of the insidious forces working from within.

Douglas MacArthur

Comment

This is not the first or the only big company to give Fed LEOs a discount. Smith and Wesson is a good example of one with a Fed LEO discount program that doesn't apply to locals. There is a lot of money in Fed contracts and companies can do whatever the heck they want. I think it's rather childish to not buy from a certain company because they don't give your particular group a discount. I still don't understand how that is "giving the finger" to locals.
                        Last edited by yellowreef; 05-21-2010, 05:12 PM.
                        "You don't want the truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall, you need me on that wall... I have neither the time, nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it."

Comment

I called Leupold Tactical Division today and spoke with J.R. He's a pretty good guy and I was pretty happy with his great customer service.
                          Basically, the promotion is ONLY for feds and military. He said that he's (and the Tactical Division) been working with Leupold to extend the discount to local police, but that Leupold hasn't gone with it. He had no idea why Leupold wouldn't do a local LEO program, but said it's been discussed and brought to the table without much result. To his credit, I'm glad that he was honest enough to say that.

He also told me that their Leupold Tactical Reps are generating some good pricing that is below retail and possibly comparable to the LEO promotion Leupold had many many years back. Unfortunately, there or no reps anywhere in my region, and it'll be a month before they determine who the rep will be. So, I'll hold out for that and see where we're at.

I'm still annoyed by the way Leupold doesn't seem to want to have these programs with LEOs. In the interest of fairness, I'll wait to pass full judgment until next month when I can speak to a Rep and see what kind of LE pricing they'll be giving. Maybe I'll be even more annoyed afterward, or maybe I'll be made to eat crow and look like a moron (my wife says I already do anyways...). I have no problem eating crow and being made to look like a jack*** if it means that I can get some good Leupold products at a good price.

On a side-note, the CQBSS is scheduled to be ready for the market by August 1st. The cost, according to Leupold, will be approximately $3,000. Yes, that's right- $3k! To their credit, they're supposedly using some form of HD-quality glass. And you gotta jack up the price for the HORUS reticle. First orders will fill government contracts. Then, all over-runs and orders after the contracts will be available for LE. The public/civilian models won't be available until as late as 2011 SHOT show.
                          There's also a less expensive model with more traditional reticles that will be available some time in the future, for those of us that aren't made of money.

Cheers!
                          -John Adams

Comment

So, lets see……..

A US Postal Inspector could get a discount and a Los Angeles SWAT Sniper could not.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws."
                            - Cornelius Tacitus

Comment

Originally posted by SCV-Sop View Post
                              So, lets see……..

A US Postal Inspector could get a discount and a Los Angeles SWAT Sniper could not.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Or, no one could get a discount... companies don't have to give any discounts. What's with the entitlement attitude? Besides, an LA SWAT "sniper" would have their rifle and optics purchased by the department.
                              "You don't want the truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall, you need me on that wall... I have neither the time, nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it."

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3632 users online. 234 members and 3398 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X