Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I got it back together just fine, and everything feels good.
    J. Wise

AR-15 - AK-47 - NFA Trusts - My Pick - Carry Guns - 1911s

"Some say you can tell how the world stands by the prices of AK-47s...." Chit2001

Any comments contained herein regarding the legality of firearms, or the application of law, are strictly applicable to Texas. If you live in CA, NY, IL, MA, D.C., etc., the above comments will probably shock you, and should be read for educational purposes only. Most likely nothing I write will apply to you.

sigpic

Comment

I lost a grip screw the other day, so I headed out today to a local shop to see if they had any 1911 parts in stock. To my surprise, not only did they have a couple sets of grip screws, they had a couple other parts I have been looking at!

I came home with a set of blued Wilson hex-head grip screws, and a S&A checkered flat MSH.

I got home and the install went perfectly:

PS- I put a little dab of clear nail polish on the screws this time, so hopefully I won't lose one this time!
      Last edited by jwise; 05-10-2010, 11:30 AM.
      J. Wise

"Some say you can tell how the world stands by the prices of AK-47s...." Chit2001

Any comments contained herein regarding the legality of firearms, or the application of law, are strictly applicable to Texas. If you live in CA, NY, IL, MA, D.C., etc., the above comments will probably shock you, and should be read for educational purposes only. Most likely nothing I write will apply to you.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jwise View Post
        I've got a blued gun with wood grips (Baer). I wanted something different. Frankly, I love the look of blue and ivory! Of course, mine aren't real ivory, as I don't think authentic ivory should be bought and sold anymore, since it is basically the same as supporting poaching and unethical treatment of Africa's most treasured resource, its game animals.
        jwise: Actually elephant products (ivory and hide) are lawfully exported to many countries including the United States these days under strict international law. In many African nations, they are recognized as a valuable resource because of controlled take (hunting) and if that wasn't the case, they'd be slaughtered because of the damage they do to local crops. Virtually the only countries where elephants are endangered (by poaching), are countries such as Kenya, where hunting is prohibited and elephants are killed unlawfully because the money gained from the tourist trade doesn't "trickle down" to the locals.

Don't feel bad about using elephant hide for belts or holsters (it's looks and wears great), or indulging in a set of real ivory grips if you can afford them. Those imported into the U.S. are helping to keep herds of elephants roaming in their countries of origin. That said, I'd suggest taking a look at Esmeralda's grips: http://www.esmeralda.cc/latest_grips_added.htm They might not be as exotic as ivory, but depending on the wood, they're far less likely to crack with use and over time.

BTW: Nice Colt and yes, I do like elephant hide leather gear!

Last edited by pulicords; 05-04-2010, 03:15 PM.
        "I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Comment

Finally got my camera back!

J. Wise

sigpic

Comment

More pics!!
            "You know why there's a Second Amendment? In case the government fails to follow the first one."

Comment

Originally posted by jak77 View Post
              More pics!!

Last edited by jwise; 05-10-2010, 09:07 PM.
              J. Wise

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jak77 View Post
                More pics!!

I won't mind seeing more of the Python either.
                "The things that will destroy America are prosperity at any price, peace at any price, safety first instead of duty first, the love of soft living and the get rich quick theory of life." - Teddy Roosevelt

Disclaimer: The opinions I express here are mine and mine alone. They are not intended to reflect the positions/opinions of any other known person(s) or organization(s).

Comment

Originally posted by albatross View Post
                  ...There are people who would kill for that pistol the way it is...colt series 70s are works of classic style 1911 art...I wish you would just sell that beautiful colt to someone who would appreciate it and use the money to buy a completely different gun.

but whatever

:'(

*cries*
                  So very true. My 76 Colt Mk IV Series 70 Government is in my safe as I type this. I dare not make any mods, other than the ones on it no, which is replacement of the barrel & bushing. I have the original bbl & bushing tucked safely away. I added a spured hammer in 78, as I liked the look, but have the original. The gun is near 98% and I have the original box and papers for it. I just can't see making any more mods to it, without destroying its value.
                  Hey Kidd, I've got more time On Meal than you have "On the Job"

Comment

Originally posted by 7th District View Post
                    I won't mind seeing more of the Python either.
                    This one?

J. Wise

sigpic

Comment

Last edited by Locoyocal; 05-10-2010, 10:52 PM.

Comment

Comment

"Bump" How goes the work Jwise?
                          Common sense its not a common virtue...

sigpic

"The AR-15, Legos for grown ups."-Jwise

"OCD with firearms can ensure your continued use of oxygen. "- Blackdog F4i

1042 Trooper is my hero!!!

Comment

No new work. I have been busy this summer. I don't want to permanently change anything on the pistol, but I think I'll eventually drop a new (long) trigger in it.

J. Wise

sigpic

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8111 users online. 463 members and 7648 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X