300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A good word for Springfield Armory

First off, I'm sure a lot of you are wondering who I am since I'm very new to the forum, so I believe a brief introduction is in order. I just graduated academy and have been on the street for about two months. Before academy I went to college and got my degree. I am very excited to be living my dream, as it often felt it would never come. I have lots to learn, which is part of the reason I joined this forum. Most of this info is in the meet and greet section but I figured I would put it here too.....

Anyways, on to my post....

I just wanted to say I sent my Springfield 1911 in to the repair shop about 3 days ago and its already back! On the down side I have had to send it in twice now, but the last time, they replaced the barrel, smoothed out the trigger, replaced the whole slide (because I noted in my letter there was a small scratch), and reworked the insides. This time they replaced a few more parts because it was falling to half cocked when the slide was racked.

I really can't believe how fast it came back both times, and it really impressed me that they didn't try to cut corners or rework existing parts. On top of that, when I called customer service they were very polite and helpful. I figure the least I can do is put this out to people... they earned my loyalty!

Every company puts out a lemon. The true test is how they respond when it is brought to their attention. Good on 'em!

Welcome to the Forum! 'Meet & Greet'? I didn't know there were any other sections of this website than the Firearms Forum... [scratches head]
    J. Wise

AR-15 - AK-47 - NFA Trusts - My Pick - Carry Guns - 1911s

"Some say you can tell how the world stands by the prices of AK-47s...." Chit2001

Any comments contained herein regarding the legality of firearms, or the application of law, are strictly applicable to Texas. If you live in CA, NY, IL, MA, D.C., etc., the above comments will probably shock you, and should be read for educational purposes only. Most likely nothing I write will apply to you.

sigpic

Comment

I would rather buy from a company that had not experience in fixing firearms than one that fixed problems quickly.

When they smoothed your trigger the first time that is probably what is causing the hammer fall now.

Comment

In the 1911 world, I've heard that Springfield has the best customer service out there. The stance has always been "no questions asked", whereas I've been having headaches abound with Kimber. Can't wait until I get a Springfield 1911.
        "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."
        -John Adams

Disclaimer: My statements are personal opinions, and in no way reflect those of my agency.

Comment

Springfield Armory does have the best customer service in the business in my opinion. I have personally seen shooters damage their firearms through misuse or just plain ignorance and SA under there lifetime repair policy repair or replace it at no cost.
          I have owned and used SA weapons systems for years so when it came time to get another custom 1911 there was no question it would be a Springfield.
          I ordered my TRP and waited for it to be built. They only make these guns twice a year in spring and fall and only 100 guns per run. NM everything, adjustable night sights, ambi safety and G10 grips.
          This is a catalog pic the others I have just dont do it justice. It is sitting at home now waiting for me to get there to break it in.

Comment

Originally posted by tacman605 View Post
            I ordered my TRP and waited for it to be built. They only make these guns twice a year in spring and fall and only 100 guns per run.
            Really? Where did you get that info. Just seems a bit low to me. I bought mine off the shelf and only waited the regualted 10 day period. It wasn't the only one I came across in stock.

Or is it 100 of each version twice a year.
            100 without rail armory coat
            100 with rail armory coat
            100 without rail stainless
            100 with rail stainless

Then were talking 800 total. That's a more realistic business number.

Mine had a May09 manufacture date, and I got it in June09.

"The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws."
            - Cornelius Tacitus

Comment

Originally posted by tacman605 View Post
              I ordered my TRP and waited for it to be built. They only make these guns twice a year in spring and fall and only 100 guns per run. NM everything, adjustable night sights, ambi safety and G10 grips.
              This is a catalog pic the others I have just dont do it justice. It is sitting at home now waiting for me to get there to break it in.
              Exact same pistol I'm getting.
              My M1A Loaded w/ ERC took 10 months to get, since they only make it at certain times in limited quantities like you just described. I know the anticipation and anxiety! Great customer service during the wait, though.
              "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."
              -John Adams

Disclaimer: My statements are personal opinions, and in no way reflect those of my agency.

Comment

As the gun sits 100 units twice a year dont know if they do all models at once or if each one has its own time frame. I assume they do other models the same way as they do with the custom M1A's stop producing the stock stuff and build custom for a short period. The distributor had three ordered and got one. The SA rep called the house or sent an e mail about once a month to give me a status report and a build date. I actually got mine about 10 days early.

Comment

Hey Reedo almost forgot congrats on the TRP if you get yours before I get home in June let me know how it shoots. I predict one hole groups.

Comment

Tacman605, let us know how the TRP is, I'm sure its gonna be a joy to shoot. I would love to have gone to one, but it was not realistic with my budget haha.

As for David Hineline's observation, I agree sir, it would be better if the firearm didn't have problems from the beginning...as it stands now, it will take more for me to trust the weapon for duty because of these issues, but I also recognize they have made an honest effort to fix the situation, and it really impresses me. I also think you're right about them smoothing out the trigger being the cause of the hammer falling. As the gun was when I sent it out, the trigger was VERY VERY light. Hopefully they fixed it this time!

Comment

Don't congratulate me yet. Still gotta get my taxes back and figure out if I'm going to buy the pistol or go with a rifle or new scope.
                      -John Adams

Comment

LOL decisions, decisions

Comment

SVC Sop it you found one of these and purchased this model from the dealer shelf consider yourself lucky because according to Springfield the orders outweigh the guns on have by up to 14 months.

Comment

i bought a 9mm XD during the gear up program but the two mags and holder they shipped me were for a .40. i called customer service to get some 9mm sent and asked if i should ship the .40s back. she goes "nah just keep the .40s, you can send em if you want, but we're doing this b/c we basically have to much inventory." one week later had my 9mm stuff and ive got 2 extra .40 mags too!

Comment

Gotta love SA and the customer service there.
                              Originally Posted by Law100
                              Note to everyone: notice how respect I am

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4506 users online. 262 members and 4244 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X