Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just want to share...

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Just want to share...

    Sorry guys but I just have to share. I just completed one of the best days I've had in a looooong time.

    I went to the range this morning, the first "extended" range day since my shoulder surgery last November.

    I got there at 0800, the sun was out, it was about 68-70 degrees, no wind, no clouds. Put a total of 1600 rounds down range between 3 pistols, including 600 through my new Springfield Loaded in 9mm. (the other two guns are my PPC revolvers).

    No ammo or weapon malfunctions, and everything stayed inside the 8 ring on a B-27 from 50 yards.

    Did I mention I was the only one there untill I left at 1600? 8 hours on the range, I have a blister on my trigger finger, hands are covered in lead and carbon, and I am now at home relaxing with a cold one. Doesn't really get better than this, does it?
    Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.
    --Winston Churchill--

    "Si vis pacem, para bellum"

  • #2
    Originally posted by SoCalSheriff View Post
    Did I mention I was the only one there untill I left at 1600? 8 hours on the range, I have a blister on my trigger finger, hands are covered in lead and carbon, and I am now at home relaxing with a cold one. Doesn't really get better than this, does it?
    Alone at the range with 1600 bullets.
    Sounds like a dream day for any man.

    Only one thing might have made it better --

    some instructors to help you with your grip :


    Last edited by cryhavoc; 02-18-2010, 08:09 PM.

    Comment


    • #3
      They look nice, but they don't shoot in those low cut tops. Hot brass and they would dance the dance.
      Ut humiliter opinor

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by SoCalSheriff View Post
        I got there at 0800, the sun was out, it was about 68-70 degrees, no wind, no clouds. Put a total of 1600 rounds down range between 3 pistols, including 600 through my new Springfield Loaded in 9mm. (the other two guns are my PPC revolvers).

        No ammo or weapon malfunctions, and everything stayed inside the 8 ring on a B-27 from 50 yards.

        Did I mention I was the only one there untill I left at 1600? 8 hours on the range, I have a blister on my trigger finger, hands are covered in lead and carbon, and I am now at home relaxing with a cold one. Doesn't really get better than this, does it?
        Dare to dream, sounds like a great day. 25* high today here

        Comment


        • #5
          Sounds like you had a great day at the range! Enjoy them. Until this AM, I'd be jealous. For the last six months, the vision in my right (dominant) eye has been severely compromised by a cataract. Last night, I couldn't even see a blackened front sight with that eye. Had the surgery this morning and it now looks like I'll be able to enjoy days like yours again.
          "I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

          Comment


          • #6
            1600 rds., that's a bit expensive isn't it? I usually shoot .45 because I compete and its $.35 a round; that's $560 using WWB from Wal-Mart. I guess if your doing .22LR then it would be pretty cheap.
            Support bacteria. They're the only culture some people have.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Jere View Post
              1600 rds., that's a bit expensive isn't it? I usually shoot .45 because I compete and its $.35 a round; that's $560 using WWB from Wal-Mart. I guess if your doing .22LR then it would be pretty cheap.
              Not if you use issued ammo at $0.00 a round. Just sayin
              "You don't want the truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall, you need me on that wall... I have neither the time, nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it."

              Comment


              • #8
                issued practice ammo... those were the days

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by cryhavoc View Post
                  Alone at the range with 1600 bullets.
                  Sounds like a dream day for any man.

                  Only one thing might have made it better --

                  some instructors to help you with your grip :


                  OH MY!!! Look at those weapons!! and I likee the handguns too! Where do I find more
                  One Shot, One Kill. Anything else is just pu(ff)y!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Issued practice ammo? That must be nice!
                    Any views or opinions presented by this prenomen are solely those of a burlesque author and do not necessarily represent those of a LEA or caementum couturier.

                    nom de plume

                    This is the internet- take all information with a grain of salt. Such could be valid and true or could be typed just for playing devils advocate.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by ryker View Post
                      Issued practice ammo? That must be nice!
                      I am a member of my department's Pistol team. We are issued 9mm and .38 wadcutter for practice / matches. 3000 rnds of 9mm and 6000 rnds of .38 per year.
                      Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.
                      --Winston Churchill--

                      "Si vis pacem, para bellum"

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Shhesh I'd ( insert choice ) just to get 50rds a month them every two months I could go shoot 100rds. Amazing at how different agencies are. Night and day.
                        Any views or opinions presented by this prenomen are solely those of a burlesque author and do not necessarily represent those of a LEA or caementum couturier.

                        nom de plume

                        This is the internet- take all information with a grain of salt. Such could be valid and true or could be typed just for playing devils advocate.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by SoCalSheriff View Post
                          I am a member of my department's Pistol team. We are issued 9mm and .38 wadcutter for practice / matches. 3000 rnds of 9mm and 6000 rnds of .38 per year.
                          Has your dept., (won't say it here), expanded the approved weapons list or is the springfield 9mm for personal use?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Yes and No. The approved list wasn't expanded, per say, but revised. Now it states as long as a weapon meets criteria A, B, and C, and is made by manufacturer 1,2, or 3, its good to go. No longer are we regulated to a specific make / model for duty. (No single action only pistols fit this criteria )

                            My Springfield is not approved for duty use, it is a personal use weapon I use only for competitions.
                            Last edited by SoCalSheriff; 02-23-2010, 08:39 PM.
                            Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.
                            --Winston Churchill--

                            "Si vis pacem, para bellum"

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by SoCalSheriff View Post
                              My Springfield is not approved for duty use, it is a personal use weapon I use only for competitions.
                              I do the same. Which is why for pistol I mostly shoot .40S&W and 9mm. Endless supply. I am trying to get us some .45ACP UMP's so we can stock .45ACP. At least until we can purchase new pistols in .45ACP.

                              1600 is quite a day. Even though ammo supply is a non issue, anything more than around 1 case (1K) would be pushing my limit of "fun" level. I am usually pretty content after about 500-800 rounds in a day. Maybe I'm getting old, or I am at the range too damn much.
                              The comments made herein are those solely of author and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency or other entity.

                              Surfs Up on youtube!

                              Specialized Services Group on Facebook!

                              Comment

                              MR300x250 Tablet

                              Collapse

                              What's Going On

                              Collapse

                              There are currently 4904 users online. 294 members and 4610 guests.

                              Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                              Welcome Ad

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X