300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ACR now has a 1/7 twist

So it seems that Bushmaster decided to listen to the community and added a 1/7 twist option. It's still not chrome lined, but one step at a time, right? Hopefully they'll have a truly ambi charging handle pretty soon and real caliber conversion kits announced other than 6.8 and 6.5.

Eat Meat, Build Mass!

www.centralfloridaammo.com

they bombed on the masada/acr project soooo bad that little changes like this are like throwing a glass of water on a house fire.
    "Get an 45-70. It's tough and you can hunt dinosaurs with it." - M-11 -

45acp, because there is no replacement for displacement.

Comment

Cold hammer forged barrel is a good thing. I wonder what "innovative coating for extreme long-life" means? Ummmm.... Chrome?

1/7 is a good thing...
      Last edited by jwise; 02-10-2010, 09:14 PM.
      J. Wise

AR-15 - AK-47 - NFA Trusts - My Pick - Carry Guns - 1911s

"Some say you can tell how the world stands by the prices of AK-47s...." Chit2001

Any comments contained herein regarding the legality of firearms, or the application of law, are strictly applicable to Texas. If you live in CA, NY, IL, MA, D.C., etc., the above comments will probably shock you, and should be read for educational purposes only. Most likely nothing I write will apply to you.

sigpic

Comment

Good lord! 2700 dollars?! What do I get for that much money that I wouldn't otherwise get on other rifles?
        This show is awesome, wrapped in supercool and smothered in bitchin. The only way it could be cooler is if he was riding a unicorn or something.

M-11

Comment

Originally posted by -Erik- View Post
          Good lord! 2700 dollars?! What do I get for that much money that I wouldn't otherwise get on other rifles?
          the msrp on the "advanced" model is $3,061

what do you get for that? You get run around with an ambi AR that few others were willing to pay for.

the original ideas for the magpul masada where really amazing...it had an amazing selection of calibers including a lower kit for 7.62x39 and many many others.

it also had all the features everyones been waiting for that would have made it an amazing weapon platform.

as well as magpuls original price projections of about $1,200 to $1,500

and then bushmaster got ahold of it.

Comment

Oh ya, the 1/7 option adds another $500 to the price.
            The comments made herein are those solely of author and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency or other entity.

Surfs Up on youtube!

Specialized Services Group on Facebook!

Comment

I'm waiting to bail on the rifle until its been out a while.

Please, Cerebus, please don't do this to me....
              J. Wise

"Some say you can tell how the world stands by the prices of AK-47s...." Chit2001

Any comments contained herein regarding the legality of firearms, or the application of law, are strictly applicable to Texas. If you live in CA, NY, IL, MA, D.C., etc., the above comments will probably shock you, and should be read for educational purposes only. Most likely nothing I write will apply to you.

sigpic

Comment

Obligatory:
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BB0Pu-rvFjs

Comment

Originally posted by albatross View Post

the original ideas for the magpul masada where really amazing...it had an amazing selection of calibers including a lower kit for 7.62x39 and many many others.
                  Yeah, what the heck. I was totally on board-even with the pricing-until I found out that they don't have the 7.62x39 barrels. It was specifically designed to be used for using the .223 or the 7.62x39 for military ops. Now, where is it? Still waiting, Bushmaster. Still waiting.
                  "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."
                  -John Adams

Disclaimer: My statements are personal opinions, and in no way reflect those of my agency.

Comment

I think I am going to buy two LWRC's instead..I still think that FN SCAR is a better deal and its proven compared to bushmaster. I like my gas piston bushy but I think that messed up with the ACR and made way too many people mad.

Comment

The pricetag is the biggest letdown. I can easly deal with any of the percieved negatives but at that price range I just don't see that much of a difference in whatever performace this rifle has over an AR15.

Comment

Its a pretty nice little smack in the face from bushmaster how they removed only the most highly desired features, kind like how everyone has been begging Springfield armory for a .45acp XDm forever...so they release a 3.8inch barrel 9mm XD. :/

*smack* "pipe down silly consumers, we know whats best for you"

Comment

Most notably, they dropped the feature-set that was the most difficult to engineer and that would be least likely to be useful for the largest number of consumers. How many LMT MRP owners have more than one barrel? How many have more than one caliber? Same goes for Robinson XCR owners...

However, the 7.62X39 variant that uses AK mags was pretty much the ONLY reason I cared about this rifle. I've already got plenty of platforms that launch 5.56 bullets and feed from AR mags...

Like I said, I'll bail AFTER its been out a little while. The rifle isn't even out yet in its standard configuration, so hoping for all the possible accessories/adaptations to be out concurrently is a bit optimistic.

* All I want is a longslide practical/tactical .45acp from Glock. How long have we been waiting? How hard is this to do?
                          J. Wise

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jwise View Post

However, the 7.62X39 variant that uses AK mags was pretty much the ONLY reason I cared about this rifle. I've already got plenty of platforms that launch 5.56 bullets and feed from AR mags...

+1

Comment

Originally posted by jwise View Post
                              Cold hammer forged barrel is a good thing. I wonder what "innovative coating for extreme long-life" means? Ummmm.... Chrome?

1/7 is a good thing...
                              Hopefully they'll give up on their "innovative coating" and just use chrome. As far as the 7.62 conversion goes, I see things like that coming out in a year or so from what Jarrod with Bushmaster was saying on arfcom. The version coming out that we see is basically a beta with almost no accessories and no real caliber conversions. I haven't lost complete hope in the ACR and I hope that within the next year it will pan out to be a more useful system.
                              Eat Meat, Build Mass!

www.centralfloridaammo.com

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4762 users online. 288 members and 4474 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X